moving rooms - bad idea?

disneycrazy2004

too far away from Disney....
We have 12 nights booked in Aulani in August - so very excited!!!! Our first time and celebrating daughter's sweet sixteen. I was hoping for a hotel room to save some points but was only able to get hotel room for the first 6 nights and book studio w/island garden view. I do have hotel room on a waitlist but not holding my breath for that one.
Are we making a mistake moving half-way thru our vacation? Would that be a huge hustle? Anyone has any experience with moving rooms?

Thank you very much for your input

Not a problem for us over Christmas/New Years week. When you check out of your first room, they will check you into your second room and give you new key cards. They will text or call you (your choice) when your room is ready. You can leave your luggage at the Bag Check desk to hold yourself until your room is ready. They even have a lounge downstairs for you to use during this time. Remember, you'll have until the end of this day to settle up any charges incurred during your first reservation. The only issue was packing and un-packing, so nothing was a big deal.

We had two nights at a DVC 1BDR Standard View then two nights at a DVC 1BDR Pool View. No problems at check out. Paid charges with Disney Gift Cards for first reservation and with new key cards. We took our luggage with us in our rental car as we went into Honolulu for the day. It just seemed the easier option for us. They sent me a text around 1:30 giving us our new room number, very close to elevator :). We returned at our leisure and went straight to our new room. Things couldn't have been easier.

The Standard View 1BDRwas square in shape and the balcony connected (like AKL) while the Pool View 1BDR had an angled exterior wall and triangle/separate balcony. Both rooms were exactly the same and very quite at night, but the Standard View had a little bit more space. If I was to do this again, I'd go for more days or save points over the view. No regrets as we only had 4 days in Hawaii along with a 3 day Disneyland visit over New Years weekend. Everything worked out and we'll be going back again.....

Aloha

We also did a hotel stay and then a DVC point rental stay. It was easy and smooth, they had our second room ready for us so we just walked from one to another. I will admit, it would have been better to stay in one room the whole time but it was by no means hard or even a mistake as it let us do a direct comparison of a hotel room vs a DVC studio, it was actually kind of fun. Plus it was nice to enter a fresh new room half the way through. As you may have guessed, I am glass half full kind of person LOL!

Thank you both very much for the reply! I do feel better now. We have switched rooms before but this is our first time in Aulani. We did go for more days vs room size....and are getting really excited about it. I do like the idea of a fresh new room half way through :)

We are having to switch rooms from our 1 bedroom villa into a hotel room for our last night:( my husband messed up when booking our airfare and we didn't realize it until a few months later, LOL. So, the hotel room for a night was a lot cheaper than changing our plane tickets for 4 people. While, I am not excited about packing up and moving for one night, I am glad to have the extra time there. I wish a 1 bedroom was available and we could just stay in our room, but it's not. I tried to book that type first and had no luck. Maybe, once we check in they can check for us.

I'd consider it a slight hassle, only because by day 6, chances are you are pretty much unpacked with your room set up and organized how you like it. I wouldn't bat an eye about it if it were only one night. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will be quick and easy enough to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter