Mowgli

Bill007

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else seen the previews for Mowgli, the new film coming out later this year, I believe by Warner Bros.? It looks pretty interesting but I can't believe it will compare to the recent live action Jungle Book. It takes the story in a whole new direction so I will be eager to see it. I just can't see though how it will do very well following so closely on the heels of The Jungle Book.

Looks pretty interesting to me -- and from what I understand follows themes/storylines from the book more closely.

Second version that has Kaa as a female snake. Poor Sterling Holloway... unless it was a "she" in the original book?

Maybe because most Western audiences hate snakes and considered them evil while in Indian culture, some aren't.
I'm curious to see the interpretation. I still remember the moment as a child when I noticed Kipling's name on the screen and realized the movies I loved were books too. Barrie & Kipling became immediate loves. I enjoy seeing so many takes on them!

This was one of the things that confused me most when I read the book- why Disney chose to make such a strong character a dopey mean snake with sinus problems. Honestly haven't met many people who are even aware.

Latest news is it's bypassing the theaters and going straight to Netflix sometime next year. I guess the studio was smelling a flop. Too bad. I was looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!