Much praise for Double Tree Suites!

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
:thumbsup2Just got back from a last minute 3 night stay at the Double Tree Suites by Downtown Disney. Can't say enough good things! Customer service from every staff member was above par! Dare I say even better than some cast members I've dealt with :rolleyes1 Got warm walnut choc. chip cookies upon arrival. Suite was HUGE! Perfect for the three of us to spread out! Plus, they have the Disney info channel on their tv.This place is a hidden gem with the right price. Had we not already booked a package with WDW for our Aug. trip, I would consider staying here. We drove a rental car and it was easy on and off the freeway. We did not do the parks, but did downtown and a couple of character meals at resorts. The pool area was just perfect for our needs...our 3 yr old DD who just loved to splash and float. We did not use the buses to the parks but the two moms I chatted with said they were reliable and liked the service. Huge b-fast buffet...continental or full service WITH Mickey waffles!:love: We had a free continental with our room rate, but it was $5 for adults and $1 for children to add the full buffet. Fresh fruit, yogurt and coffee was more than adequate for me and cereal, milk, and pb toast was perfect for DD and DH. Wait staff there was great! So friendly and helpful and really interacted with DD. We also had dinner in the Evergreen Cafe. Meal selection was small, but delicious. I had rotisserie chicken and fresh sauteed veggies and was in heaven. DD fell asleep before her pizza came so the waiter boxed up and kept it warm until we left! We paid $89 a night (79+parking) and got the room, free continental b-fast, 20% off for dinner, and the warm cookies and kids play pack for DD. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for your review. I am researching this hotel as a plan B just in case we change our plans. I have read a lot of good reviews about this hotel and it seems very nice and the suites seem spacious. My primary concern is the reliability of the park buses since we don't want to incur the expense of renting a minivan. I read that they run every 30 minutes (which is good for an offsite hotel) but I wonder if they are reliable with keeping to their schedule. I have a couple of questions. Did the hotel seem appropriate for families with young children? I know they have a small playground area, a kiddie pool, Disney gift shop, and kid's theater; but it seems like a hotel where there are a lot of business travelers. Second, is it within easy walking distance to the Downtown Disney marketplace? Thank you for your review :thumbsup2

The kids pack is a little bag with a bunch of little toys for the kids.

The two moms I talked to said the bus service was excellent and reliable. We did not use the bus service. They looked at me like, duh, of course it's great. That's why we're here...to get to the parks on time!

Very much a family hotel. Don't think I saw any business travelers when we were there. Very kid and family friendly. Pool area was perfect for our DD 3. Kiddie pool was hours of fun for her as was the big pool area. She even liked the little play ground. We climbed on that and played in the sand one night for a while. They have Pizza Hut service there so it's great for a family meal. The little market gift shop has everything you'd ever need in the way of food, snacks, alcohol and toiletries and although the prices were inflated, not as bad as I've seen in other Orlando hotel gift shops.

B-fast was amazing, like I said. The wait staff was always good to my daughter and talked to her and played with her.

The kids pack is a little bag with a bunch of little toys for the kids.The two moms I talked to said the bus service was excellent and reliable. We did not use the bus service. They looked at me like, duh, of course it's great. That's why we're here...to get to the parks on time!Very much a family hotel. Don't think I saw any business travelers when we were there. Very kid and family friendly. Pool area was perfect for our DD 3. Kiddie pool was hours of fun for her as was the big pool area. She even liked the little play ground. We climbed on that and played in the sand one night for a while. They have Pizza Hut service there so it's great for a family meal. The little market gift shop has everything you'd ever need in the way of food, snacks, alcohol and toiletries and although the prices were inflated, not as bad as I've seen in other Orlando hotel gift shops.B-fast was amazing, like I said. The wait staff was always good to my daughter and talked to her and played with her.

Thank you. This all sounds great. Definitely keeping this hotel in mind :thumbsup2

We were there the night before Easter. Very clean, very very friendly. We used a mousesavers code and had the free breakfast as well. Very yummy. At check in the kids got a little goodie bag, we got tons of those warm chocolate chip cookies and even a tin of them when we left. On Easter morning they had a big easter egg hunt for the kids. I think the staff was having more fun then the kids :) It was great! We only used the bus service once and it was fine. There was a little waiting but on a Saturday evening around DTD nobody was moving fast.

So a big thumbs up from us. We would certainly go back.

When I have pricelined hotels, I was lucky enough to get this gem twice! I liked it so much I am considering staying there full price :scared1: for a few nights before we head to BLT in December!:goodvibes

We were there the night before Easter. Very clean, very very friendly. We used a mousesavers code and had the free breakfast as well. Very yummy. At check in the kids got a little goodie bag, we got tons of those warm chocolate chip cookies and even a tin of them when we left. On Easter morning they had a big easter egg hunt for the kids. I think the staff was having more fun then the kids :) It was great! We only used the bus service once and it was fine. There was a little waiting but on a Saturday evening around DTD nobody was moving fast.

So a big thumbs up from us. We would certainly go back.

Sounds cool. How do you get a mousesavers code?

Just check out their website, it's a very informative website with great info on how to save $$ on Disney trips, etc. mousesaversdotcom You can subscribe to their newsletter and whenever they have updates they'll email you.:thumbsup2 For rate specials check out the Disneyworld section of their website.:goodvibes

OP-thanks for posting feedback. I've been looking to stay here in August for our NON Disney park trip. We usually stay at SSR but I just don't want to spend that $$ this year, but the DTD area is a great place to stay because at night when we just want to hang out near the resort/hotel we can go to DTD (I know it's a bit of a walk but it is walkable). I've been going back and forth between here and the Hilton.

I prefer having the suite at the Doubletree, of course but read some reviews that some rooms overlook parking and the bus stop and it can be noisy (my only concern, we've already had a bad experience with this at a Disney resort). Any suggestions where the quietest area might be (I'm afraid if I reserve a pool view that there will be people in the pool til all hrs of the night)..what do you think? Thanks.:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2Just got back from a last minute 3 night stay at the Double Tree Suites by Downtown Disney. Can't say enough good things! Customer service from every staff member was above par! Dare I say even better than some cast members I've dealt with :rolleyes1 Got warm walnut choc. chip cookies upon arrival. Suite was HUGE! Perfect for the three of us to spread out! Plus, they have the Disney info channel on their tv.This place is a hidden gem with the right price. Had we not already booked a package with WDW for our Aug. trip, I would consider staying here. We drove a rental car and it was easy on and off the freeway. We did not do the parks, but did downtown and a couple of character meals at resorts. The pool area was just perfect for our needs...our 3 yr old DD who just loved to splash and float. We did not use the buses to the parks but the two moms I chatted with said they were reliable and liked the service. Huge b-fast buffet...continental or full service WITH Mickey waffles!:love: We had a free continental with our room rate, but it was $5 for adults and $1 for children to add the full buffet. Fresh fruit, yogurt and coffee was more than adequate for me and cereal, milk, and pb toast was perfect for DD and DH. Wait staff there was great! So friendly and helpful and really interacted with DD. We also had dinner in the Evergreen Cafe. Meal selection was small, but delicious. I had rotisserie chicken and fresh sauteed veggies and was in heaven. DD fell asleep before her pizza came so the waiter boxed up and kept it warm until we left! We paid $89 a night (79+parking) and got the room, free continental b-fast, 20% off for dinner, and the warm cookies and kids play pack for DD. Would definitely stay here again!

great review!!! just made my reservation as we need one stay over night when we land in Orlando before heading to the Disney resort...quick question- i am a big breakfast person- is the breakfast there good??? or is it better to go to an IHOP or Perkins??

thanks

Thanks for the review. Did you walk to Downtown Disney? If so, how long was the walk, time wise? We stayed at the Royal Plaza last year and we really liked that we could walk to DTD. I know Doubletree is farther down from DTD but I don't remember how far and I was wondering if it is walkable and if it is how much longer the walk would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter