Multi-Coast Honeymoon help needed, please!

Queen-Bee

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I’m a longtime lurker but don’t tend to comment much. I’ve been travelling to WDW since I was 9 in 1993 and feel like I know what there is to know, however for our honeymoon we’ve decided to delve into the unknown and go further afield.

I know this forum says it’s for “visitors' posts about WDW, Orlando and Florida” but I couldn’t find the answers I was looking for in the Disneyland forum and specifically wanted help from fellow UK travellers, so I hope I’m not in the wrong place and apologise if I am!

Our honeymoon is booked with Virgin Holidays for late October 2018 and we want to go to Disneyland and Universal Hollywood (either staying at the Sheraton or the Hyatt, we haven’t decided yet) for 5 nights and 14 nights at the Contemporary in WDW.

We’ve booked almost everything with the exception of the west coast hotel and attraction tickets and I feel like I need some help/advice knowing who to book the tickets through and which ones to get and would love any general advice you have for the West Coast.

I really appreciate any help :)

Thank you my fellow DISers :hug:

We've done this trip a couple of times and really enjoyed it! We stayed at the Disneyland hotel both visits which is on site. There are however plenty of hotels in the vicinity. Tickets for Disneyland California are virtually the same price no matter who you book through. Both trips we stayed six nights and booked a five night ticket which allowed us access to both parks. I'd priced them from different outlets (also in the UK) but waited until we arrived in Anaheim and purchased at the hotel front desk. We've never visited Universal Hollywood so can't help with that, sorry.

The west coast is fabulous. We also managed to see a little of the Pacific coast - Santa Monica was one of our favourite areas and we visited here on both trips. We also did a couple of real touristy days doing the sights, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and LA. We did the trips on the tour buses which are an easy way to get out and about.

We love Disneyland and California Adventure although WDW will always be our favourite. Any questions - ask and I'll try to help.

Hope you have a great honeymoon.

Our family has been going to Southern California since 2004 below are a few ideas, give us a shout if you need anymore help. :)

VisitAnaheim.org https://hotels.visitanaheim.org/attraction/single/334/18 is a good site where you save some money on theme park tickets. If you do go to Universal try and do the VIP tour as it's superb.

We stay on site at the GCV but it can be expensive, a highly thought of hotel outside the park on the doorstep is https://www.candycaneinn.net

We book our hire car through http://www.usrentacar.co.uk there good value.

Another recommendation for the Candy Cane Inn - we stayed there on our honeymoon in 2004 (we did San Diego, Anaheim and San Francisco) and have been back there twice since.

We did DL in 2016 and have booked flights to go back next summer. With Disney tickets I searched and searched and couldn't find any discounts worth worrying about so bought direct from Disney on arrival.

Last time we did 4 nights (3 full park days) before going to Orlando next year we will do 5 nights (with 4 park days).

Really enjoyed CA - weather and the fact everything was so close :goodvibes

I would just book direct with Disney, not sure ATD are any cheaper are they?

Its almost $100 more direct through Disney... I have googled Attraction Tickets Direct and they had great reviews but i'm torn.

I have used Attraction Tickets Direct before and they're great.

Also if you use TCB you can usually get an additional couple of % cashback.

The benefit for most people in purchasing tickets from a UK based vendor is that they charge your card in GBP, since if you don't have a free foreign spend card the USD transactions will have 2-3% charge added per transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts