Multiple Home Resort Question

LuigiSpice

Mouseketeer
I know I saw a similar question at some point, but I couldn't seem to find it so forgive me...

Assuming the same UY, how does booking work if you own at multiple home resorts? Lets say I have 75 at BLT and 100 at SSR, would I only be able to book a room 11 months out with the points from that specific resort or can I use the entire 175?

11 month priority only applies to the points at that specific resort. Can't combine until the 7 month mark.

Another situation:

I have 120 pts at one resort, but need 125 to book a room, could I book it as if I was borrowing on that contract, but then switch points from another contract? Or once you borrow, they are borrowed?

Borrowing and Banking are 1 time transactions that cannot be reversed*. You cannot get around the 11 month priority booking window using that trick. You would have to cancel one of your days and then try to rebook it using the other contract points, but the room will probably get snapped up in someones wait list, so it's unlikely it would happen.

Trust me, there are very few ways to game the system that others haven't already thought of or tried.

*there are a couple exceptions to this. If you buy additional points they can reallocate an existing reservation and return points to their original UY. They did this for me when I added some direct points. Some folks have had some luck with member services helping out in extreme personal circumstances as well but it's not guaranteed and very ymmv(death in family, etc).

Trust me, there are very few ways to game the system that others haven't already thought of or tried.

This is why I'm asking. I'mnot currently an owner, just wanna make sure I know all the rules before jumping in. Thanks for the info!

Excellent job getting informed before jumping in. 2 1/2 years ago I was in the same position trying to learn the system before I bought. Smart move.

Another situation:

I have 120 pts at one resort, but need 125 to book a room, could I book it as if I was borrowing on that contract, but then switch points from another contract? Or once you borrow, they are borrowed?

You can book it by borrowing, but you can't later switch it. YOu can also purchase some non-refundable one-time points from DVC. (Is that only for direct these days? I'm not sure anymore...)

You can book it by borrowing, but you can't later switch it. YOu can also purchase some non-refundable one-time points from DVC. (Is that only for direct these days? I'm not sure anymore...)
You can only purchase the one time use points (for $19 per point) from MS at seven months out. At that point, the OP could book the last night using the other resort points.

You can only purchase the one time use points (for $19 per point) from MS at seven months out. At that point, the OP could book the last night using the other resort points.

Can you rent a few points through Davids or Disboards at 11 months and add to your personal allotment?

Can you rent a few points through Davids or Disboards at 11 months and add to your personal allotment?
They would need to get a transfer, not rent points like JETSDAD said above. They could get a one night reservation through David or another broker and hope to get it linked to the rest of their stay.

You can have someone do a point transfer into your account. There's a limitation on that though, only 1 transfer a year, so it's very difficult to find someone willing to transfer just a small amount of points to you. It could happen if someone only has a few left over, but I wouldn't count on it. Transferred points also keep their UY and Home Resort priority, so you would need to find points that matched your contract exactly. Can't transfer in SSR points and use them at 11 months at BoardWalk for example.

Alright, another scenario:

Riviera intrigues me, so let's say I purchase 75 points there figuring I can stay in a studio every other year and then get 100 points at SSR resale. Let's say I want to do a bigger trip in a bigger room using poi ts from both, but dont want to get locked out in case i can't find one. Would I book rooms at both resorts at the 11 month mark, then find something at 7 months in a bigger villa? And if I did that would I have to cancel the other rooms first and would I risk losing the new room in the time it takes to cancel and book? I hope ththaththay makes sense.

Thanks for all the help. This has been quite the education. Good thing I love math. LoL

Alright, another scenario:

Riviera intrigues me, so let's say I purchase 75 points there figuring I can stay in a studio every other year and then get 100 points at SSR resale. Let's say I want to do a bigger trip in a bigger room using poi ts from both, but dont want to get locked out in case i can't find one. Would I book rooms at both resorts at the 11 month mark, then find something at 7 months in a bigger villa? And if I did that would I have to cancel the other rooms first and would I risk losing the new room in the time it takes to cancel and book? I hope ththaththay makes sense.

Thanks for all the help. This has been quite the education. Good thing I love math. LoL

Yes, booking rooms at each resort at 11 months is the safe way to go. At 7 months you can go online and choose to "modify" one of those reservations and search for what other locations are available. Doing that allows you to use those points but it keeps the existing reservation up until you finalize on the new room. Then you'd have to do the same thing with the other reservation if you also wanted to change it to another resort. If you changed them both to the same resort and exact same villa type (size and view) then MS would be able to merge them together into one reservation assuming that both your contracts were under the same membership.

If you changed them both to the same resort and exact same villa type (size and view) then MS would be able to merge them together into one reservation assuming that both your contracts were under the same membership.
They have to be the same membership to link the reservations? I understand they have to be the same to make a seamless reservation using 2 different contracts, but I thought the purpose of linking them was for separate membership reservations that couldn’t be made together, no?

They have to be the same membership to link the reservations? I understand they have to be the same to make a seamless reservation using 2 different contracts, but I thought the purpose of linking them was for separate membership reservations that couldn’t be made together, no?

You are correct that linking is between reservations in different memberships. What I was describing is merging reservations into a single reservation. That requires the reservations to be in a single membership.

You are correct that linking is between reservations in different memberships. What I was describing is merging reservations into a single reservation. That requires the reservations to be in a single membership.
Ok, that makes me have to ask, what’s the difference between linking and merging a reservation? Let me take a guess and see if I’m right, merging makes it one reservation, linking they remain separate reservations, but will keep you from having to move rooms? Am I close? I’m really starting to get the impression they make this all intentionally confusing! o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter