Multiple MASSIVE explosions in Beirut

Whoa that is big. I saw something about people being wounded but surely there were some casualties as a result of this.

I hope it is an accident related to the firework factory and not terrorism. Remember that huge explosion a few years ago in TX that was the result of a fire at a fertilizer storage facility? It reminds me of that a bit.

It is horrific. Praying it was a horrible accident and not intentional.

That is sad, if you notice the shock wave causes condensation, so that is an indication of some type of high explosive, not what you would expect from fireworks materials
It definitely looks like more than just fireworks. I saw a couple 15,000-pound bombs disposed in the desert from a few miles away, and this explosion and shock-wave looked very similar, but even bigger than I remember.

It definitely looks like more than just fireworks. I saw a couple 15,000-pound bombs disposed in the desert from a few miles away, and this explosion and shock-wave looked very similar, but even bigger than I remember.
I believe it started with fireworks, but i don't think the big explosion was fireworks.

Also still no clue on the initial start of the fire.

Some of the better sourced news reports indicate there may have been a significant quantity of nitrates that had been stored there for may years . if super-heated (see Texas City) or mixed with diesel fuel (Oklahoma city) if is a very powerful explosive. By the the scale, I would guess at least 100 ton range

Richard Engel reported the explosion was felt 150 miles away in Cyprus. Beirut has asked for every ambulance in Lebanon to help out. They're also requesting international aid.

Beirut's windows are gone but they're trying to cover the openings with plastic because of the toxic fumes.

The explosion was terrible. I literally gasped when I saw it. I feel so bad for all the people who are hurt and the families and friends of the dead. I too hope that this was a terrible accident and not intentional.

I saw the video - wow. That's horrifying! My heart goes out to those affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter