Muppet Presents Great moments in History to end??

This will be my second visit to WDW. The Muppets was my #1 want to see at MK as it wasnt a thing last time we went. I created a touring plan based around seeing both of The Muppets first shows of the day so that if the show is delayed we will have time in the afternoon to still catch it.

My kids will be 12/10/10 and only care for the big kid headliners (big kid for WDW) with the typical long waits, so my plan was to have our party of 8 pay for EMM. On top of that because I wanted the flexibility of the afternoon back up Muppet show and not having time to sit for 2hr for a prime HEA view we were going to do the dessert party again for our party of 8.

Removing the Muppets from my touring plan gives me the ability to NOT book EMM and still do everyone in my families must dos while leaving us the 2hr needed after dinner to get that prime HEA view without the party. So for 8 of us that is almost $1500 that WDW is not going to be selling just because of The Muppets not having a live show.

I let them know that they were losing money on their precious high end tickets/parties so hopefully SOME form of The Muppets live returns to WDW by my trip.

I wish I had seen it when we were down last year, but we just didn't have enough time. :(

Shame .. this show was better than Muppetvision. The humor, the LIVE puppets .. amazing.

3 years is a decent length for the attraction to "live" (I mean some more permanent attractions have lasted shorter times).

I loved these little shows, but it was a terrible spot for them. Direct sunlight, weirdly high above your head. When a crowd gathered to watch they were always in the way of the flow of traffic and the show would get cancelled for even the slightest amount of rain.

The thing about the Muppets is that they could be used to teach kids about anything. There's potential to use them somewhere else.

This was my problem with it. I never watched the entire show. The flow of traffic got in the way, or rather the show got in the way of the traffic. Also as you mentioned, they were too high up.

We aren’t changing our overall plans, but I had definitely put seeing both Muppet shows into our itinerary for our MK days.

Hall of Presidents is a must anyway, but I was seriously looking forward to see live Muppets. Something I have never seen.

Heck, I have a t shirt I’ll be wearing that says “Quantum Meep” as a cross between Beaker and Quantum Leap the TV series.

Beaker is my spirit animal as a virologist/forensic toxicologist. But my heart belongs to my lifelong Republican Muppet Sam the Eagle (though he is prob disappointed I didn’t turn out to be a Republican as an adult, I just married one who’s a lot like Sam).

Hoping someone can do some serious 4K video of the shows before they close.

At least the one I saw on YouTube looks like it was shot on the deck of the Disney Magic.

This will be my second visit to WDW. The Muppets was my #1 want to see at MK as it wasnt a thing last time we went. I created a touring plan based around seeing both of The Muppets first shows of the day so that if the show is delayed we will have time in the afternoon to still catch it.

My kids will be 12/10/10 and only care for the big kid headliners (big kid for WDW) with the typical long waits, so my plan was to have our party of 8 pay for EMM. On top of that because I wanted the flexibility of the afternoon back up Muppet show and not having time to sit for 2hr for a prime HEA view we were going to do the dessert party again for our party of 8.

Removing the Muppets from my touring plan gives me the ability to NOT book EMM and still do everyone in my families must dos while leaving us the 2hr needed after dinner to get that prime HEA view without the party. So for 8 of us that is almost $1500 that WDW is not going to be selling just because of The Muppets not having a live show.

I let them know that they were losing money on their precious high end tickets/parties so hopefully SOME form of The Muppets live returns to WDW by my trip.
Are you saying you plan on waiting around for 2 hours prior to HEA? If so, may I ask why? I find even 1 hour to be incredibly excessive. I have seen HEA numerous times and each time have walked up a perfect spot 10-15 minutes before showtime, I might bump that up to 30 minutes for a group of 8. Unless you are going on a major holiday, then 1 hour is good haha.

But Yes! to everything you said!

Are you saying you plan on waiting around for 2 hours prior to HEA? If so, may I ask why? I find even 1 hour to be incredibly excessive. I have seen HEA numerous times and each time have walked up a perfect spot 10-15 minutes before showtime, I might bump that up to 30 minutes for a group of 8. Unless you are going on a major holiday, then 1 hour is good haha.

But Yes! to everything you said!

Would this work with short kids so I don’t have to be one of those shoulder kid people that upset a handful of people behind me just so mine is happy? I have a bad back anyways so I really shouldn’t be holding them that long anyways...they are/will be 10yrs old but are shorties!

Also keep in mind I have a party of 8 so I can just sneak in a small spot.

I would love a good view for them with a short wait so any tips on a shorter wait is appreciated.

Last edited:
Would this work with short kids so I don’t have to be one of those shoulder kid people that upset a handful of people behind me just so mine is happy? I have a bad back anyways so I really shouldn’t be holding them that long anyways...they are/will be 10yrs old but are shorties!

Also keep in mind I have a party of 8 so I can just sneak in a small spot.

I would love a good view for them with a short wait so any tips on a shorter wait is appreciated.

I just wanted to mention that it probably wouldn’t be just a handful of people behind you that you are blocking. The most recent time that we were at Disneyland, we waited an hour in the hub to get a good spot for their fireworks/projection show. Then right when it started, a man who was probably at least 6 ft 2 picked up his toddler to put on his shoulders. And it looked from where I was standing like he was literally right at the front in the hub, so it seems like he could have just put the child on his hip and the child have been able to see. That meant that many, many people who had waited about as long as he had could not see any of the castle projections. There were so many disappointed people. Kudos to this man for being a good father, but it was very rude that now people behind him couldn’t see.

I personally wouldn’t lineup over an hour. Just because of things like that happening. Or someone holding up an iPad. You might can luck out with a good spot 15 minutes before, or you might can wait hours and then have somebody pick up a child right in front of your group. It is always a crapshoot when deciding on how early you should line up.

Someone just started a petition to bring back the Muppets. WDW removed the Mickey photo box after the other petition got some traction so who knows if this gets enough attention to bring them back.

http://chng.it/ZRpTg2dwYL

Someone just started a petition to bring back the Muppets. WDW removed the Mickey photo box after the other petition got some traction so who knows if this gets enough attention to bring them back.

http://chng.it/ZRpTg2dwYL

100 seems like an awfully low number compared to the number of people who visit MK daily. Hopefully many more people than that sign and email. I think they should be adding shows, not getting rid of the two they had.

I loved the show. The problem was you never really knew when it would happen. It seemed to be random, but loved both shows when we were lucky enough to see them.

The last time we were at the MK, we made the point of seeing all of the "Great Moments" shows. They were all great! ...but I was concerned at the time because there never was a big crowd gathered; maybe 50 folks max?

I thought it was the best thing in the MK, but I'm biased to the Muppets.

I loved the show. The problem was you never really knew when it would happen. It seemed to be random, but loved both shows when we were lucky enough to see them.

there was a sign with the times right by the show area

The last time we were at the MK, we made the point of seeing all of the "Great Moments" shows. They were all great! ...but I was concerned at the time because there never was a big crowd gathered; maybe 50 folks max?

I thought it was the best thing in the MK, but I'm biased to the Muppets.

Yeah, I mean, I loved the show too, but it wasn't a big draw. Maybe they could rework it somehow and catch more viewers. It may have been too long. I wouldn't mind if just every hour they popped out of the windows and did a 2-minute joke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!