Murphy’s are Live from WDW! July 15-22 - Port Orleans French Quarter

I have been silently following along. Very much enjoying your thoughts and musings :lovestruc I remember pictures of your boys from YEARS ago and goodness, have they grown!!

We are planning what may be our last family trip for March. The stars have aligned and DD20 and DD17 have college and high school spring break at the same time. It is just meant to be :yay:

We are thinking of getting 2 rooms at POFQ (hopefully connecting). I am very interested on your thoughts of this resort. We usually stay deluxe with GF being our favorite. We visited POFQ last August and very much enjoyed lunch and walking around the resort.

Boy oh boy a hot one at AK today! Probably the hottest day of our trip.

2E14C8C0-CA70-490A-AA9E-28727655D0AC_zps96wrosjh.jpg

6ADA8C42-96F2-4DDB-9255-0B78D81F4273_zpsdymuzjrt.jpg

9BBB0CBD-2159-46B0-85D5-99098846A56B_zps8s5gdflz.jpg

A17AC943-232D-4997-9115-FFD21D4DB7F3_zpsb1la1j44.jpg

77DF40A7-3F8F-4719-88D4-DCB3CC4E3235_zps5ziiow5y.jpg

We did our fastpasses for FoP, EE and Dinosaur. Then lunch at the saluti canteen followed by a 4th fp at FoP and a 5th fp for the Navi river journey. We are now the fastpass champions! :cool1:

I am happy the Alien is not like the Tea Cups because I dislike spinning in circles.

Your Dole Whip yum. I like the spiral also.

At the park till 1am - wow- good for you girl !

Love Soarin.

Enjoy and have great weather.

What was the mention about you/your family Disney TV ?

It was a long, long time ago, a show on the travel channel. Some old timers around here still remember it. :laughing:

Glad to see another live trip report and love that your boys still want to go to Disney. Mine is now 19 and has no interest at all anymore

Mine go through phases. They both said they were sick of it after our long Christmas trip, that’s why I didn’t renew our APs in January. But after Spring break in San Fran they were missing it badly and ready to come back. Disney is just sort of part of our lifestyle so the kids were endoctrinated into the madness long ago. :rotfl:

Like your AK pics. The plants and flowers in Pandora are so beautiful.

You are the FP Queen to get 2 FOP in one day.

We ate at Satu'li Canteen. I had the Tofu Bowl with the base of red and sweet potato hash. There were 6 of us everyone had something different. Everyone enjoyed. We also got the 2 desserts that we all shared.

Have a safe trip home.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad meal here. We had a very good waiter when we ate there last month and the food was good, but it did take a very long time for the food to arrive.

We have trouble finding things to do at HS because the show times never seem to match up with the fastpasses. You must have been really tired of that park after spending two days there.

I would love to see TSL at night when we are there next month but subset is at 7:24 pm and the park closes at 8 pm, Your pictures make it look really nice at night. The colors looks more brilliant than in the daylight.

We took one last family trip when the oldest was a sophomore in college. We felt the same way about grabbing the opportunity to go to Disney together before they go their separate ways. It looks like your sons are having a great time being together, too. :)

I definitely wouldn’t skip a night at MK I’m favor of a night in Toy Story Land if that’s the only night you can do it. I’m a huge fan of HEA :love:

Since we all upgraded to APs on this trip we might come back for Christmas. Luckily the kids are still willing.

I wonder if I can still find on online. What year and was there a name of the program on Travel Channel ?

Someone has it on YouTube. Just type in Fans Guide to Walt Disney World and you’ll see it there. It’s a blast from the past. Lol :goodvibes

Like your AK pics. The plants and flowers in Pandora are so beautiful.

You are the FP Queen to get 2 FOP in one day.

We ate at Satu'li Canteen. I had the Tofu Bowl with the base of red and sweet potato hash. There were 6 of us everyone had something different. Everyone enjoyed. We also got the 2 desserts that we all shared.

Have a safe trip home.
We love the hash and chicken with the creamy herb sauce. Super yummy! :P

Unfortunately our plane was just delayed so it’s going to be a long night. :scared:

I have been silently following along. Very much enjoying your thoughts and musings :lovestruc I remember pictures of your boys from YEARS ago and goodness, have they grown!!

We are planning what may be our last family trip for March. The stars have aligned and DD20 and DD17 have college and high school spring break at the same time. It is just meant to be :yay:

We are thinking of getting 2 rooms at POFQ (hopefully connecting). I am very interested on your thoughts of this resort. We usually stay deluxe with GF being our favorite. We visited POFQ last August and very much enjoyed lunch and walking around the resort.

I definitely think POFQ is by far the best moderate and it does have a more deluxe feel since it’s small and less crowded. We had excellent mousekeeping service every day with no delays or errors. The food court has lots of good offerings and we utilized the boat to Disney Springs twice. It’s a lovely ride. I’ve stayed here quite a few times and have never had any problems. The construction at CBR and CSR is extensive so I would recommend avoiding those resorts until things settle down a bit. The new tower at CSR is huge, I was really shocked by the size of it when we drove past on our way to Animal Kingdom. So many new resorts and additions coming I can’t wait to try them all. :love:

We love the hash and chicken with the creamy herb sauce. Super yummy! :P

Unfortunately our plane was just delayed so it’s going to be a long night. :scared:
Sorry your flight was delayed. Once I had to leave and the rest of my family were returning the next evening. They had a connection in Atlanta, but the flight was delayed there (snow storm) and they had to stay over night there and get a flight the next day. That is why we only get non-stop flights.

I enjoyed your trip! Please write a trip report when you return in the fall. I’ll read it. :thumbsup2

I hope your flight isn’t delayed too long and you can leave soon. I’m not sure where you live, but in south central PA it’s raining hard with thunder and lightning at the moment. Hopefully you aren’t headed this way or it may be a long night.

I definitely think POFQ is by far the best moderate and it does have a more deluxe feel since it’s small and less crowded. We had excellent mousekeeping service every day with no delays or errors. The food court has lots of good offerings and we utilized the boat to Disney Springs twice. It’s a lovely ride. I’ve stayed here quite a few times and have never had any problems. The construction at CBR and CSR is extensive so I would recommend avoiding those resorts until things settle down a bit. The new tower at CSR is huge, I was really shocked by the size of it when we drove past on our way to Animal Kingdom. So many new resorts and additions coming I can’t wait to try them all. :love:

Thanks for the info :flower3: We stayed at CSR many years ago and while the resort itself was lovely, we had some issues with staff at the PM and front desk and would not return. I am interested in CBR sometime after the construction of Riviera and the skyline is complete. We are really looking forward to trying POFQ and having 2 bathrooms, 4 beds, 2 TVs, etc. as one room at a mod is too tight for our family to feel relaxed.

I hope your flight isn't delayed too long. We had so many delays a few weeks ago on our trip to Greenville SC and then to Boston a week later....we felt cursed :rotfl2:Oh well, as long as everyone keeps a good attitude it is easier to roll with the changes :angel:

Hi Erika :wave2:

I love your live TR and you’re babies aren’t babies anymore so handsome and tall
I see you got a refurbed room at FQ :thumbsup2
FQ is our go to when we can’t score a good deal on a delux
FOP is the best and we’re booked for November for the VOID
You’re pictures are beautiful expecially of HEA

Love your trip report. I am an old timer and remember you guys on tv. Your boys were so cute then and have grown into handsome young men!! We are like you. Our kids have been going to Disney forever and it's just part of their lives. They are adults now but still think of it as their second home.

After reading about your dinner at Homecomming my daughter and I were inspired to make a reservation for our upcoming trip in a few weeks! The fried chicken sounds so good!

As always your trip report and pictures were wonderful. You take the best pictures! Looking forward to your next trip report this fall and maybe we'll see you at Christmas. We have our usual Christmas trip planned. Love Disney at Christmas time.

Hope your plane wasn't too delayed and you made it home safe and sound.
Again, thanks for the wonderful report!!

Last edited:
28 hours after boarding Magical Express we are finally home. :faint:

Our flight to Indy last night was delayed several times and then canceled. Luckily we got a hotel close by and another flight today. But the bad news was we didn't have any luggage. :sad:

Our flight today was delayed again, then after we boarded it sat on the tarmac for about 2 hours. But we are finally home!!! I might sleep for a few days. ha ha

But it was a great trip despite the horrible ending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!