Musical shows

WillowRain

You can find me at Animal Kingdom!
I have a 2 year old boy, 6 and 7 year old girls. We sat through the Frozen musical at DCA last year, but boy and Daddy probably won't want to. Am I missing anything if we don't see the shows? I mean, there are so many?!?! Looks like Mermaid, B & B, Lion King, Nemo, Pixar Musical, Disney Junior? Am I missing any? What say you parents?

Last month, we took our (at the time) 18 month old to FOTLK. I'd seen it before, but I think it's such an excellent show and we will probably see it every trip until/unless they stop performing it. My son really enjoyed it as well. Personally, I wouldn't skip that one.

As with most things it is really personal preference. Some people / kids love the shows ... some don't. We went once many years ago with my stepson when he was around 5 or 6 and he hated all of the rides for some reason that year but didn't want to miss any shows. My kids (now 6, 8, 8) have never complained about a show. Some they like more than others. Some of the shows are a great way to sit down and cool off in air conditioned comfort for a rest during the day. We are getting to the age where Disney Jr isn't a must do anymore ... they even said they were a little too old for that one (which works for me, I don't like to sit on the ground).

We love the Beauty and the Beast show and my LO is still into the Disney JR show but the Ursula part in the Little Mermaid scared her. It really depends. We never usually plan for shows. If the timing is right we will go. Sometimes its nice to sit in the AC for a bit and my hubby usually catches a cat nap!

Foltlk, Nemo, Beauty and the Beast are our must see shows since my kids were a year old! But depends on the kid. Some kids love the Jedi academy show or the African drumming

I noticed you mention the Frozen show at DCA, so are you specifically asking about the DLR/DCA shows. And you're probably aware but the Frozen show at DCA is quite long for Disney park show, most are only 15-30 mins (max), don't know if that would affect your desires for the shows or not. But, I echo the pp, it's really personal preferences. We find the shows to be a nice part of our trips, frequently no lines, get to sit down, cool off, rest, maybe snack, and many of them we absolutely love. Mickey and the Magical Map was a huge hit for us last trip to DLR, but I'm not sure I can say why. And FWIW, the Frozen sing along at DHS is much shorter (and funnier for Dads and boys, in my opinion) than the Frozen show in DCA.

Am I missing anything if we don't see the shows? I mean, there are so many?!?! Looks like Mermaid, B & B, Lion King, Nemo, Pixar Musical, Disney Junior?..What say you parents?
We've had several amazing trips over the past few years, and have never done any of those shows. Just not our cup of tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter