Musings on a Priceline hotel: Ramada Inn Resort Eastgate

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I stayed at the Ramada Inn Resort Eastgate on 5150 West U.S. I-192 on 2/7. I had gotten it for $15 + $5 bonus money for Priceline.

Outside, the hotel looks pretty nice. All the rooms have interior corridors, so you won't be distrubed by cars pulling up in the middle of the nights. The lobby looked nice. The rooms were another story.

The room I got was pretty big. It could fit a family of four nice and comfortably. The carpet looked kind of old. The frist thing I noticed, though, was that the smoke detector was hanging for dear life on two cords from the ceiling. The sink water-stopper thing was hard to push down, so the sink filled with old water quite frequently. There were two sinks -- one was in the bathroom and one was outside. That's good to have if everyone in your family is trying to fix themselves up at once during the morning. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, although they were set really close to the ground.

The room was around the corner from the lobby and down the hall a bit. That's good since you're close to the gift shop and restaurant if you need anything. The bad part was that I think the gift shop closes at around midnight and they do some cleaning up then. I heard a very loud vaccum running around midnight, in fact. What's so important that you need to run the vaccum and keep guests up? I almost complained to the front desk when the vacuming stopped.

For $15, I wasn't expecting the ulimate in luxury. The room was good for a brieft one night stay. I was in the room from around 10:30 pm to around 7:30 am. For the amount of time I spent in the room, I didn't care much for anything but cleaniness. However, if I were to stay several days, I would choose someplace else. The next day I was going to check into Portifino Bay. The Ramada room made me look forward to the Portifino even more.

Hi,

What is the $5 bonus money, does priceline give you a rebate or something like that.

Thanks,
Markone

Originally posted by Barry Hom
I stayed at the Ramada Inn Resort Eastgate on 5150 West U.S. I-192 on 2/7. I had gotten it for $15 + $5 bonus money for Priceline.

Outside, the hotel looks pretty nice. All the rooms have interior corridors, so you won't be distrubed by cars pulling up in the middle of the nights. The lobby looked nice. The rooms were another story.

The room I got was pretty big. It could fit a family of four nice and comfortably. The carpet looked kind of old. The frist thing I noticed, though, was that the smoke detector was hanging for dear life on two cords from the ceiling. The sink water-stopper thing was hard to push down, so the sink filled with old water quite frequently. There were two sinks -- one was in the bathroom and one was outside. That's good to have if everyone in your family is trying to fix themselves up at once during the morning. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, although they were set really close to the ground.

The room was around the corner from the lobby and down the hall a bit. That's good since you're close to the gift shop and restaurant if you need anything. The bad part was that I think the gift shop closes at around midnight and they do some cleaning up then. I heard a very loud vaccum running around midnight, in fact. What's so important that you need to run the vaccum and keep guests up? I almost complained to the front desk when the vacuming stopped.

For $15, I wasn't expecting the ulimate in luxury. The room was good for a brieft one night stay. I was in the room from around 10:30 pm to around 7:30 am. For the amount of time I spent in the room, I didn't care much for anything but cleaniness. However, if I were to stay several days, I would choose someplace else. The next day I was going to check into Portifino Bay. The Ramada room made me look forward to the Portifino even more.

Barry -

Thank you for reminding me again why I never bid 1-stars on Priceline. As you wrote, you were only there for one night, just to sleep, but it sets a tone for the rest of the trip that you could have easily avoided.

Bid $10 dollars more and request a 3-star in the Universal Zone. With the bonus money ($25+$5bonus), you most likely would have received the Wyndham Orlando on I-drive, a very clean AND nice hotel.

My two cents, Steve :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter