"Must see" Vancouver

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I'm looking for travel info. for Vancouver, & am hoping you guys will be able to help. We will be staying at the Fairmont Vancouver in June, for 2 nights after an Alaskan cruise. We aren't into shopping, & although Vancouver looks like a beautiful city, we will be traveling with our DS(13), so strolling through parks, & enjoying the scenery would bore him very quickly. Also, I have arthritis so long bike rides, hiking, etc., is out. We live in Tampa, & can easily drive to Orlando so we aren't interested in visiting museums, aquariums, etc. I am also looking for restaurant suggestions. We're not really interested in themed restaurants, because we have easy access to plenty of those. It must seem that we are too picky, but really we're not. We just look for unique experiences, when we're on vacation. We enjoy fine dining, & unique dinner shows. (I.E. Seattle & SF's Teatro Zinzanni) We love comedy of any kind, as long as it's teenager appropriate. So, please be creative & help me with a list of "must see" & "must dine" in Vancouver. We're looking for things that are Vancouver landmarks. As you can see, I really need your help. TIA :)

:cool1: Have a great time in Vancouver,BC,my birth place.There is much to do and see there,and you will love it!
Kirsten in Nova Scotia :cold:

When you are here, ask your consierge about a place called Storeum in Gastown. You will also find lots of fun restaurants in Gastown as well as a comedy club or 2. Here is a review I found.

Have fun..You will love Our city.

Storeum Shows BC History in a New Light

The Storyeum project in Gastown is presenting a a live storytelling experience about the colourful history of Canada's West Coast set in a spectacular new underground theatre in Vancouver's historic district. The 72-minute education experience showcases the history, culture, people and legends of Canada's west. Narrators and performers present captivating storytelling.
Malaspina Coach Lines Ltd. is offering BC students a special package to experience Storeum for themselves. Malaspina's Access to Learning program includes the round-trip to Vancouver plus admission included, and is available until the end of the school year. It costs $30 per student 12 years and over and $28 for students under 12.
On Friday, December 10, 26 students from Texada Island Elementary School will be travelling on Malaspina Coach Lines to Storyeum.

GAS TOWN area in the heart of Vancouver has great italian places to eat. A must do if your in Downtown Vancouver.

P.S. you have to find some pacific coast smoked salmon. The best. MMMMMMM.

I forgot to mention, that I looked up Storyeum & it sounds exactly like what we're looking for. This will definitely be a "must do". :) There was also a family comedy club that looked great, but they're not open on Sun., Mon., or Tue & we get there on Sun. & leave on Tue. :( I would love more suggestions for special shows, etc. Thanks again :)

Im glad Storyum sounds good for you. It is in Gastown which is almost part of the waterfront, again your consierge will be able to point you in the right direction.

Granville Island is a little farther away (like a couple miles) but still may be worth a visit. It has many shops, a huge market, lots of restaraunts and at night has a couple theatres with live shows and plays.

Look it up and have a look.

Scott

you may want to take the gondola up Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver. There're summer activities there, and there's a restaurant there that is really nice where you can eat and enjoy the views. You may want to check on whether the activities will be there in June. I know they have events in July/August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter