MVMCP and Holiday Dessert Party? Should I?...

pammydw

They call me Mrs. Potato Head!
I'm looking for opinions. We are doing the MVMCP on December 1st, and I am tempted to book us a dessert party for the fun of what it offers, plus the prime viewing for fireworks and the parade ( which isn't quite clear if that's included yet). We have certain things we are looking to get out of MVMCP this time. We've done the parties before (both Halloween and Christmas), but never with a real " plan." This year, we'd like to do the Jingle Cruise, meet the dwarfs, and enjoy the party atmosphere more than ride the rides (we'll be doing that on regular park days). So my question for opinions/experiences is, if I'm wanting to get the most of the magic during the party, do I want to give up party time for the dessert party. How much time are you giving up with the dessert party. And if there is no special parade viewing, I'm definitely out, as that seems like a huge perk to me.
Thanks in advance for your opinions and experience sharing.
And on a side note, Sorry for no question marks or exclamation points, my iPad is locked up and I can't get to the punctuation board. Only periods. Lol.

^^^Sorry, I meant for this to go in the theme park and strategies forum. Please feel free to move this. ^^^ and it seems my screen is no longer locked!!!!!!?????? Lol!

IF parade Viewing is included, the party will take up a good amount of time. We did not know parade Viewing was included until we went to check in for the party(2016)!

It was great having the area for the parade Viewing :) The Dessert Party was a great way to see the Holiday fireworks without fighting crowds.
We got to the T Terrace fast after the parade, and scored a table @ the railing.
The tables are VERY very close together,
and away from the railing, your view might not be so good.

We got the AP discount for the Party,
SO the Dessert Party cost MORE than the Party itself!
For us it was worth it, but you may find that you don't have adequate time for Party
meet & greets, etc.

IF parade Viewing is included, the party will take up a good amount of time. We did not know parade Viewing was included until we went to check in for the party(2016)!

It was great having the area for the parade Viewing :) The Dessert Party was a great way to see the Holiday fireworks without fighting crowds.
We got to the T Terrace fast after the parade, and scored a table @ the railing.
The tables are VERY very close together,
and away from the railing, your view might not be so good.

We got the AP discount for the Party,
SO the Dessert Party cost MORE than the Party itself!
For us it was worth it, but you may find that you don't have adequate time for Party
meet & greets, etc.

Thank you for your insight. Question about the parade viewing, were you near Main Street and the snow?

Thank you for your insight. Question about the parade viewing, were you near Main Street and the snow?

The parade viewing is right in town square. It's the perfect view. We've done this a few times now - though not as much as a value if there's no parade viewing included. I think as long as it isn't your first and only MVMCP ever, it's probably worth it. If this is it, then I'd say it isn't, given how much time it takes up.

We've gotten lucky in the past though. We met the dwarfs twice at once party because at 11:45pm there was no line.

The parade viewing is right in town square. It's the perfect view. We've done this a few times now - though not as much as a value if there's no parade viewing included. I think as long as it isn't your first and only MVMCP ever, it's probably worth it. If this is it, then I'd say it isn't, given how much time it takes up.

We've gotten lucky in the past though. We met the dwarfs twice at once party because at 11:45pm there was no line.
Thank you! I'm thinking as much as we would love it, I don't want to be "tied down" during the party. My dd and I went last year, this year the dh will be with us and it's his first. I think we'll stick to being party goers and enjoy everything MVMCP puts out! Your take really helped! Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter