MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

No!! Well what is happening right now with the Halloween party? Guests are getting in at 4, correct?

Yes, they’re getting in @ 4pm (reports of 3:45). However, MK still closing @ 7pm to day guests. PP have been scheduling & using FP+ for MNSSHP, tad more “drama” and took longer to fix(see Post #1 for link if want to read details).

I got the dreaded 3am email about 2 weeks ago. I had 2 day base tickets and party ticket, with our party day being in the middle of our 2 regular park days. My party FP+ selections were between 3:30-6. The bad thing was that it ended up cancelling my FP for my last day, which happened to be AK so we lost our FOP :headache:. I called in and the CM I talked to said that nothing should have been cancelled because the FP's I made for MVMCP were between the 4-6 window....I told her I assumed this happened because I shouldn't have been able to make FP for a party ticket only day (she said that was not the case and as long as they were in that 4-6 window it was okay). Since we had lost our FOP and obviously there were no more available to book (so glad they now can track this kind of thing) she was able to get in touch with IT and they gave us an anytime FP specifically for FOP on our last park day (which was totally awesome of them to do for us). Anyways just wanted to share my experience and what I was told.

Sweet! Thanks for reporting!

I have only party tickets, no regular tickets. I made my fastpasses today.

On the main MDE page on a computer, I had the lock symbol on the fastpass button, but when I selected fastpasses from the drop down on the right, it opened fine and my fastpasses could be made.

On the main MDE page on a computer, I had the lock symbol on the fastpass button, but when I selected fastpasses from the drop down on the right, it opened fine and my fastpasses could be made.

@BrandonF did you try this? Maybe it will work for you too!

@BrandonF did you try this? Maybe it will work for you too!

Yeah I get to the point where I pick my party and then....
Sorry to Interrupt!
0 || guestWithGate1ConflictCount > 0">
0">
To continue, please address the issues that apply to these Guests.
Have a vacation package? Looks like you’re early. Please come back 60 days prior to check-in.
Resort reservation within the next 60 days? Check that it’s linked to your account.
Theme park tickets? You need to link them to your account.
No theme park tickets? Purchase admission to start making FastPass+ selections.
Child under age 3? No ticket or FastPass+ is needed.

The issue is for everyone in my party because I even tried doing it one by one. Thanks for trying though! I think my tickets are the test dummies. lol I kinda believe right or wrong that I wouldn't have had this problem if I would have stayed onsite and picked my FP's 33 days ago before Disney decided to change the wheel!

Well, I decided to call once again but this time say I was having a website issue as opposed to a FP issue and was transferred to a very nice CM who after 20 mins added a "FP Planning Keycard" to my tickets and voila, I have FP's now. Unfortunately there are no more times for Mickey left but I can live with that. (As long as they don't get canceled and I can actually get in the park for my 3 fastpasses) I have 3:25-4:25, 4:25-5:25 and 5:30-6:00

Sheesh I'm wondering if it's even worth it to keep the MK fastpasses for party day at this point or just cancel them altogether? I do not want to go though getting that mess fixed again on MDE and last time the warning email was sent in the middle of the night so by the time I checked my email the next day the damage had been done.

You post this, and I start to wonder... And this is posted... Which is what has been going on after all the "drama" and miscommunication (inconsistency)...Below

Well, I decided to call once again but this time say I was having a website issue as opposed to a FP issue and was transferred to a very nice CM who after 20 mins added a "FP Planning Keycard" to my tickets and voila, I have FP's now. Unfortunately there are no more times for Mickey left but I can live with that. (As long as they don't get canceled and I can actually get in the park for my 3 fastpasses) I have 3:25-4:25, 4:25-5:25 and 5:30-6:00

Excellent news!

Yay! Like kids do with parents you have to shop for your answer with CM’s. Lol!

Keep checking you Might get talking mickey after all. People make changes all the time.

Is information in the Disney Parks blog considered official Disney policy? I know the moms panel isn’t but this seems like official Disney content. This one from sept 20th does say “Party fun takes place from 7 p.m.-midnight, although party ticket holders may enter the park as early as 4 p.m. to enjoy regular park offerings.”

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-merry-christmas-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

It’s supposed to be official. To my understanding the are official/actual Disney employees. I’ve seen posts corrected in the past too.

I forgot about that post, but remember thinking good to know we can enter @ 4pm. Thanks for reminder!

It’s supposed to be official. To my understanding the are official/actual Disney employees. I’ve seen posts corrected in the past too.

Well if it’s official it’s good news that the 4pm entry is still in tact. It does say as early as 4pm though. I know on MNSSHP FP thread some CMs told people entry at 4pm wasn’t guaranteed if the park was too crowded but I can’t imagine the park being too crowded on those short days!

I took a screen shot, lol, for proof just in case the blog is edited.

Well if it’s official it’s good news that the 4pm entry is still in tact. It does say as early as 4pm though. I know on MNSSHP FP thread some CMs told people entry at 4pm wasn’t guaranteed if the park was too crowded but I can’t imagine the park being too crowded on those short days!

I took a screen shot, lol, for proof just in case the blog is edited.
:rotfl2:
I edited my comments. Just took photo too & added to Disney Christmas album :rotfl:

Sheesh I'm wondering if it's even worth it to keep the MK fastpasses for party day at this point or just cancel them altogether? I do not want to go though getting that mess fixed again on MDE and last time the warning email was sent in the middle of the night so by the time I checked my email the next day the damage had been done.

Agreed.

Me too. I only have two FPs booked - Space Mountain & BTMR. I’m assuming that the crowds won’t be so ridiculous that I’ll still get to ride them during the party.

My concern is that a few days before the party, I’m going to be spending 28 hours flying from my home to Orlando. If the dreaded “cancel or else” email arrives in that time, I won’t know or be able to do anything until too late. I’d rather lose my MVMCP FPs than my AK ones (Everest, Safari, NRJ).

Were you able to make 2 or 3 fastpass selections?

I also received 3. You just have to make the first one around 3:15 or 3:25 so it expires around 4:15 or 4:25 and last one has to be 5:30. Mine are 3:25-4:25, 4:25-5:25 and 5:30-6:00 for example. I have Jingle Cruise, Pirates and Haunted Mansion currently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter