MVMCP and Scheduling FP+ (4-6pm)

Don't get me wrong, you have been one of the most helpful people on this thread, but nowhere does this "policy" seem to be written or communicated to ticket buyers. I just looked at my PDF tickets for the party again and it very clearly states multiple times "This is your ticket. This page is required for Theme Park entrance." Meanwhile there is nothing on the ticket stating that it doesn't work with FP+ or has limitations.

I don't know that it is written, but we do know that no one has ever been able to get FP+ DURING actual party hours. That has always been a no-go. That's what I meant by being able to get FP+ for the hours before actual party hours.

I have now multiple years booked FP+ using a party ticket, sometime on trips with a ticket used on other days, sometimes not. Each time their system has allowed me to do so. If they do not want this to be happening, then correct the system, don't let party goers in early, or stop distributing FP+ for the party days at 4:00p. They have several solutions, yet none are being chosen.

I agree wholeheartedly, and based on the PP's post upthread, the system DOES know you're using a party ticket to make the FP+, so why don't they fix it?

Agreed they should fix their booking system so there is no confusion or disappointment if they email you later and threaten to cancel your FPs. I don’t think people are trying to game the system by booking FPs on a party day. The system lets you do it without any special work around it seems, but it BLOCKS you from booking FP during the party time even if you have a party ticket. That tells me that Disney is saying it’s ok to book pre-party FPs but not during-party FPs. Disney’s own system makes this distinction. They’ve purposely blocked those party hours FP times with any ticket but not the pre party hours. Seems like Disney chose that set up. No one can show in writing where disney says you are not allowed to book pre-party FP from 4-6pm, that I’ve seen. So to me, I’m left with going with what their booking system will and will not allow and trusting that to be correct.

I certainly understand there is no promise that they will let party ticket holders in earlier than 7; but since it’s been done this way for several years, I would think they’d announce the change ahead of time to avoid many unhappy guests who have already purchased tickets. I purchased tickets based on perceived value due to prior years’ experiences, so I’ll be sorely disappointed if they cut the hours of the party ticket. As someone else pointed out, it seems they they are not letting party guests in earlier than 7 to be nice but to decrease the mayhem of getting all the Party guests in and day guests out all at once.

As someone else pointed out, it seems they they are not letting party guests in earlier than 7 to be nice but to decrease the mayhem of getting all the Party guests in and day guests out all at once.

Definitely this! ^

I think Disney lets party guests in earlier than the stated time in order to better handle traffic. Plus if they held all party guests until 6:30ish, a large number of people wouldn't be able to get into the parks by the official 7pm start time. However, if they publicized that the party began at 4pm, they'd have the same issue...~20,000 people all showing up at once. So instead, it's not advertised and those 20-30,000 people show up spread across three hours instead of all at once.

Back on the topic of FPs, I'd put down money that Disney's intention is for party tickets to be ineligible to book FPs at all. But they either haven't taken the time to implement a fix or just flat out can't figure out how to implement a fix. They can easily remove all FP availability during the official party times, but if they blocked out the 4-7(6) window in the same way, it would also not allow regular ticketed guests to book FPs then. So rather than officially address it, we are just left with this chaotic "depends on which CM you ask" mess...which is very frustrating!

Definitely this! ^

I think Disney lets party guests in earlier than the stated time in order to better handle traffic. Plus if they held all party guests until 6:30ish, a large number of people wouldn't be able to get into the parks by the official 7pm start time. However, if they publicized that the party began at 4pm, they'd have the same issue...~20,000 people all showing up at once. So instead, it's not advertised and those 20-30,000 people show up spread across three hours instead of all at once.

Exactly. None of the Parks are designed for everyone to enter (or leave) all at once. That is why it is such a CF when everyone leaves after the parade or fireworks. Same thing with sport arenas and concert venues. Everyone arrives over a spread out time frame, but leaves all at once when the game/show is over.

The US Open has this problem with when the day session runs late, and they need to turn over the a crowd of 20,000 people. Before the day matches are over, the 20,000 night session ticket holders clog up the area in front of the stadium, and they just can't be processed quickly enough so that they are all in their seats by the time the first night match starts. At the MK with the parties, WDW knows there is a limit to how quickly they can process all the party goers, so they have made the operational decision to allow them in at 4 PM to manage the process. There is no space to safely accommodate the party goers outside the MK and then let them in all at once.

Last edited:

Definitely this! ^

Back on the topic of FPs, I'd put down money that Disney's intention is for party tickets to be ineligible to book FPs at all. But they either haven't taken the time to implement a fix or just flat out can't figure out how to implement a fix. They can easily remove all FP availability during the official party times, but if they blocked out the 4-7(6) window in the same way, it would also not allow regular ticketed guests to book FPs then. So rather than officially address it, we are just left with this chaotic "depends on which CM you ask" mess...which is very frustrating!
Yep. This makes the most sense from everything I've read. Very frustrating, so true.

So I was able to book FPs up to 6pm for our party date. We have tickets for one party, no other park tickets. I understand the frustration that everyone is feeling. I have to say though I am thankful to be able to book a couple of FPs before the park empties out, during the more crowded window when regular park guests are still in and early party guests are arriving. So now I'm wondering if I should try to squeeze in 3 FPs--starting at 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30. The latest time i'm seeing available for anything is 5:30. But I'm not sure we will make it to our first FP if I schedule it 3:30-4:30. So right now I have one for 4-5 and another for 5-6. Either way, it will help us make good use of the time.

Up until about a week ago, I would agree with you that they haven't figured out how to fix it, but a post upthread from someone with both party ticket and regular ticket seems to indicate the system does know the difference between these tickets, so they should be blocking FP+ for those with ONLY party tickets. It should also not allow FP+ for more days than you have regular tickets, but it does. To me that just says they're lazy and instead of fixing the problem, they've started the email with cancellation notice. Fixing it means that NO ONE will get FP+ with the party ticket. So, do we really want them to fix it or continue with the luck of the draw for getting FP+ during those hours?

The Fam and I have MVMCP only tix for 11/16. Tried to get fastpasses- no tickets found. I called and CM talked to manager who told him that we are not eligible for fastpasses until 4PM the day of the party if there are any left of course! bummed!

The Fam and I have MVMCP only tix for 11/16. Tried to get fastpasses- no tickets found. I called and CM talked to manager who told him that we are not eligible for fastpasses until 4PM the day of the party if there are any left of course! bummed!
Did you just try today? The website and app have been funky today. You might want to try again later to see if you can book them :-)

That's correct. You can't get in any earlier than 4 with just a party ticket.

I didn't post any quotes from previous quotes.....but.....Some have had no issues, some had emails only, some emails with cancelations. Wow! No consistency! We know that MVMCP is a Special Ticket Event which is different from MWY Tickets and APs, but PP have been making FP+ selections with MVMCP tickets for years. Same as entering @ 4pm for years, even though states party starts @ 7pm. Then this year there is a problem with FP+ and MNSSP which is why I started this thread---for awareness and to see what happens with MVMCP & FP+ selections ---PP aren't surprised. If you have read through the thread, OP posted (with images on page 6) of email stating to make FP+ selections and guest only had MVMCP tickets, now this is different and contradicts the whole Special Ticket Events vs MYW/AP tickets. Also, some are not having any problems with FP+ selections and some have called and had reinstated. Looks like system recognizes difference in tickets, but then why can some make FP+ and others cannot make FP+? Whether MVMCP is your only ticket or you have 4D MYW + MVMCP, you should be able to make FP+ selections for MVMCP, each PP paid money for the MVMCP ticket. o_O

That's correct. You can't get in any earlier than 4 with just a party ticket.

Sorry should have clarified, yes we will be getting in at 4 like in years past but the "manager" said at 4 pm the day of the party once we scan our magic band then we will have access to fastpasses. (If there are any of course) Should have been more clear I think!

Sorry should have clarified, yes we will be getting in at 4 like in years past but the "manager" said at 4 pm the day of the party once we scan our magic band then we will have access to fastpasses. (If there are any of course) Should have been more clear I think!
Gotcha, sorry for the confusion. That's a whole new answer from Disney :)

Did you just try today? The website and app have been funky today. You might want to try again later to see if you can book them :-)

I tried on yesterday bright and early yesterday since I was 30 days out and not staying on property. Then I waited until this morning to call and that was my answer. I guess it all makes some sort of sense to be fair to the regular hours ticket holders, it just wasn't what I expected!

I tried on yesterday bright and early yesterday since I was 30 days out and not staying on property. Then I waited until this morning to call and that was my answer. I guess it all makes some sort of sense to be fair to the regular hours ticket holders, it just wasn't what I expected!

I would try again. You are the first person with just a party ticket that has reported not being able to get them. Is your ticket showing in your MDE?

I would try again. You are the first person with just a party ticket that has reported not being able to get them. Is your ticket showing in your MDE?

Yes the MVMCP tickets show under "My Reservations and Tickets" but it still shows a "lock" under my itinerary book fastpasses. I called this morning and I got a completely different and still worse answer. This time the help desk said that they wont even allow us in to the park until at least 6 when they close the park to regular ticketed guests. So if the earliest they allow entry in 6 PM there will be no fastpasses anyway. At this point I guess I wait until the first party and hopefully someone shares what really happened. Really the only fastpass I really wanted was to meet talking Mickey for my 1 1/2 year old, he really loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so I hope the line isn't very long whenever we are allowed in!

Yes the MVMCP tickets show under "My Reservations and Tickets" but it still shows a "lock" under my itinerary book fastpasses. I called this morning and I got a completely different and still worse answer. This time the help desk said that they wont even allow us in to the park until at least 6 when they close the park to regular ticketed guests. So if the earliest they allow entry in 6 PM there will be no fastpasses anyway. At this point I guess I wait until the first party and hopefully someone shares what really happened. Really the only fastpass I really wanted was to meet talking Mickey for my 1 1/2 year old, he really loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so I hope the line isn't very long whenever we are allowed in!

Now that is an interesting answer. There was talk when they first put out the change in park closing for MVMCP to 6 pm if they were going to do this for just the Christmas parties. November 9 could be a very interesting evening for some.

Oh no! That is a worse answer indeed. Ugh. But not one I believe. Can you imagine 20,000 people (total guess at party attendance since average day vosotros are around 50k) trying to enter at 6pm as all the day guests are exiting? MK does not want that!

Anyone else in a similar situation still able to book MVMCP fast passes?

Last edited:
I got the dreaded 3am email about 2 weeks ago. I had 2 day base tickets and party ticket, with our party day being in the middle of our 2 regular park days. My party FP+ selections were between 3:30-6. The bad thing was that it ended up cancelling my FP for my last day, which happened to be AK so we lost our FOP :headache:. I called in and the CM I talked to said that nothing should have been cancelled because the FP's I made for MVMCP were between the 4-6 window....I told her I assumed this happened because I shouldn't have been able to make FP for a party ticket only day (she said that was not the case and as long as they were in that 4-6 window it was okay). Since we had lost our FOP and obviously there were no more available to book (so glad they now can track this kind of thing) she was able to get in touch with IT and they gave us an anytime FP specifically for FOP on our last park day (which was totally awesome of them to do for us). Anyways just wanted to share my experience and what I was told.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!