• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP solo??

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I've gone twice before with my teenage children. I decided to take my second stab at going solo (went last year in September and really loved it!)
Is the MVMCP as much fun by yourself? I love Christmas and love WDW I'm a bit worried I might feel less into it being alone.

I hope ClaudiaK sees this she's done MVMCP solo several times, and always looked forward toit, so I assume she likes it. Claudia?

I love MVMCP solo. I stroll around, enjoying the festive atmosphere and cookies. ;) I like to just take my time watching it "snow" on Main St. I can go on rides, or just sit, relax and people watch for a bit. Do what I want/when I want.

I dont' feel as though I miss anything by being alone. There's a whole different feel to the party if you're solo. It's just enchanting!

I just savor every second I'm there on those special nights! :earsgirl:

Thanks, I really am looking forward to going to WDW during the MVMCP. It will be nice to be able to watch the shows without feeling like the other person is bored. I think I will make arrangements to go to the Candle Light Processional too.

i sure hope it's fun solo because i've got tickets for 2 different nights:p my dd and i went last year for the 1st time in dec and loved it. she can't make it this trip so i am going solo. i am looking forward to experiencing the thrill of the snow swirling around me once again while i watch the parade! this part of the evening was so magical that i feel it is worth the price of the ticket for this alone;) i was feeling a little funny about doing this solo too, but it will be nice to slow down and really enjoy the evening. i have been solo twice in the spring and am learning to really enjoy my trips. i think you will too!
kathe

I'm hoping to be there the first week in December and I'm feeling pretty strange about it.. Never been to Disney alone and this will be a big leap for me..

I almost wish some frazzled solo Mom with a few small kids would let me tag along and help her out - LOL !! Disney is so much more magical through a child's eyes.....::yes::

My first time solo was during a MVMCP and I had a good time. The only thing I didn't do was the complimentary photo, that would be uncomfortable for me but everything else was great.

Went to MVMCP solo in 2003. Loved it! Of course, I'm accustomed to traveling solo! The only thing I didn't do was the photograph, and that's because I detest being photographed! I wouldn't have done it even with a group!

Just be prepared for the weather to flip flop between warm and cold! The night I went to MVMCP it was so cold, I looked like the Michelin man! I don't own cold weather clothing, so I had 4 layers on top (tank top, long sleeved shirt, lightweight sweater & reversible fleece/water repellent stadium coat) and two on the bottom (pantyhose and slacks that usually are too warm for the desert Southwest!). Also wore Thinsulate lined leather gloves! This year I'm taking some kind of knit hat with me to stash in my purse--just in case! I'm also going to carry shea butter with me to keep my face from chapping! Had to use it after the fact last year.

Two or three nights later when I went to EPCOT for CP and IllumiNations, it was so warm I didn't even need my heavier jacket (over tank top and microfiber jacket) until around 8:00 p.m.!

You'll have the opportunity to stop and look at things you wouldn't with your family or other group. See the shows, parades, fireworks--what others consider corny. Country Bear Jamboree had a Christmas theme (much better than the usual show--can't believe I liked that at Disneyland as a child!).

Just relax and enjoy!

Check a previous thread........December solo central. There are several of us that have posted that we will be solo for MVMCP and may try to get a little mini meet going. I most likely will be solo, I already have my tickets for Dec.2. I say most likely since it is possible that I could meet Prince Charming between now and then;) (Well it is! could use some pixie dust in this dept!) So perhaps we could tentatively make some plans depending on when everyone is going. I usually go to 1900 Park Fare for the character dinner and get the earliest reservation that I can then just hop the monorail to the park for the party. It's not as kiddy as some of the character dinners and the food is usually VERY good! I will be at the WL from Dec1-4.

Southwest dropped thier fares today - I got Albany, New York to MCO for $49 each way!

I bought my ticket and............................................

I'm goin' to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Will get back to all of you when I firm up my MVMCP plans..

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Woohoo! Congratulations, C.Ann! Great rate!

I made my airline reservations yesterday (November 30th - December 12th), also on Southwest. Rates aren't nearly as good from PHX to MCO as yours, but nothing to complain about, either!

Probably staying at PC for budget purposes--that's a long trip at Deluxe rates--even with an AP discount!

Got the air fare - got the room at Pop Century - and now I have people going WITH me and people meeting me there! That's great though - because they're all very special people.. :)

Now - would any of you be interested in meeting at CLOSING after the MVMCP on the 2nd? We could pick a spot (while everyone else is making a mad dash for the parking lot) and at least introduce ourselves.. That way the "meeting" wouldn't interfere with anyone's "fun" time.. :)

I also enticed DMRick from this board to come down too (see her new sig - LOL)!!!!! I'll be with my grown DD, my then-to-be- 6 yr. old granddaughter, and a very dear friend who moved to Florida the year before last..

Who's "in"? You can PM for further details or with questions..
--------------------

We're going to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter