my 3.5 y/o understands DVC......

canda

a Dis board vulture
Just when you think a 3 year old can't remember WDW or the other trips, he tells me out of the blue today that he is ready to go to Disney World again. And he wants to stay at OUR hotel. He also said he wants to go the beach(HHI) and this time take MawMaw and PawPaw.

We have not talked about WDW or HHI with him thinking he would not remember and then why get him excited about something that would be far off anyway.

He has been to HHI 3 times since birth and SSR twice.

I asked him details about what he likes. "Dumbo, and the dino spin, eating supper with mickey, riding rides, and the OUR hotel."

he said about the beach (HHI), "the slides, the slimmin pool, sand, and the purity dog and the man with ballons. and the big boats.

His little brother of 18 months has to speak up too. He starts saying..."Gickey Mouse, and Winnie Poot!

Your kids are an inspiration to every DVC family!:yay: My now 5 year old became the waterslide king at 4 and talks about our trips all the time (he's had 2). At around 8 is a good time to explain the point structure and best times to go!lol It is a lesson in math, right? ;)

You've given them great memories already at their young ages. Priceless!

LOL

Great news on you having such a wise child.

When my DD was around the same age we made our first trip as members to OKW (the kid's first trip to WDW) The first day we arrived both kids were chanting OKW rocks and now they think that is the best place to stay on the entire planet. I tried to suggest all the other resorts and have even taken them to see the decorations at VWL during Christmas... if it were up to them they would still like to stay at OKW. I guess that is good, we can save some points!

They like to refer to themselves as members of WDW also. Ah to be young again!

I know what you mean. My wife has thoroughly brainwashed our 4-yr old daughter. We took ME for the first time or last trip (she's been 4 times now), and she was pretty much providing tour guide type commentary (thorough and accurate, no less) along with the video they show during the ride. Some parents were just listening to her in amazement. Mommy was so proud, of course. No lie, the WDW trip planner/marketing DVD is one of her favorite DVDs to watch at our house. Toddlers/preschoolers never cease to amaze me in how much they remember and retain.

Last time we thought our three year old would hang out with his grandmother and aunt on the night we got there while my wife and I went to artist point for dinner. He got to the lodge, made a beeline for the toddler springs bridge, ran across it a couple of times and said "Disney world's that way" and ran around to the side door and started heading to the boat dock.

Too cute!

Sometimes kids can REALLY put it all in perspective so much better than adults do!

OUR hotel and Gickey Mouse, and Winnie Poot...
we are with you kids!
110%
(even though our deed says a bit smaller! :rotfl: )

Thanks for sharing!

Ok.. I have to say this. My 4 year old on at least 4 or 5 occasions during our latest trip to WDW whispered in my ear "I love you Daddy!"

I get teary eyed every time I think about it.

I didn't go to Disney until I was nearly 18. :sad1:

Is there any wonder why I'll be a DVC member asap?

My dd4 has become a expert on hotel rooms/pools. She assessed BCV as having the best pool, but "really preferred the space at the Poly". She remembers whats on the menu and the activities at every restaurant and can always recall where the bathrooms are. What little Disney Snob! I'm so proud!

We were considering a DVC membership, but I was a bit concerned because there was very little addressed about little ones at the DVC resorts. I noticed that most of the resort pictures had adults only in the pictures (mine are 5 and 2). I assumed we would be fine since this is Disney but still the thought of the DVC resorts not being as welcoming to young children.

We were considering a DVC membership, but I was a bit concerned because there was very little addressed about little ones at the DVC resorts. I noticed that most of the resort pictures had adults only in the pictures (mine are 5 and 2). I assumed we would be fine since this is Disney but still the thought of the DVC resorts not being as welcoming to young children.

No need to worry there. DVC may have a slightly older demographic than your usual Disney hotel if for no other reason than buy in cost. But it's still mostly families with kids, and not the least bit unwelcoming for children.

We brought into DVC when my DS was born . :) He is now 4 yrs old. We have gone to WDW at least twice a year since he was 4 months old. He talks about Disney all the time. The other parents at our day care hate when we are a few weeks from a trip because he gets all the other kids saying "I want to go to Disney". It is pretty funny. :rotfl: At least 3 families have taken trips because of us.

My DS love the clown hotel (BWV) and the castle hotel (OKW). He even remembers what bus stop he needs to use to get back to his hotel. He loves the maps and looks at them all the time.

Our next trip is the beginning of May. I ordered the special maps from the WDW website. He has been planning everything we are going to do. It is pretty funny. Every time, we have company he takes out his map and gives them a tour.

My SIL say I am warping his brain. But I just laugh because NOTHING IS BETTER THAN WDW.:woohoo:

:goodvibes I knew I wasn't alone in the brainwashing department. My brother often accuses me of brainwashing his son, my adorable 2 and a half yr old nephew and turning him into a complete Disney kid. When he watches any Disney video and they have that computer image of the castle he points and says "Disneyworld!" Not sure if he's made the complete connection to that magical place we go to every year, but we have time :rolleyes1 (insert sinister laugh here:laughing: ).

My DD3 calls SSR "our home" and tells everyone "we live there sometimes."

When ME pulled into the resort in Feb, she started yelling "we're home! we're home!"

I have to get her used to BWV being our home, too, since she was not with us on the trip there in September.

I told DD14 I taught Gainey the name of our town and state, but when DD14 asked her "Gainey, where is our home?" Gainey replied "Saratoga Springs!!!" :rotfl:

I am sooooo warping my children. ;)

And DS2 loves "Gucci"
johnngoof.jpg

Cute!!:goodvibes

A couple of years ago when my kids were 3 and 5, we stayed at AKL for 2 days before moving over to the BW for a week and when we got to the room at AKL the kids were all excited about the bunk beds and all, and then I see my kids looking around, and DD says, "where's the rest of it?"

"The rest of what?" I say.

"The room! Where's the kitchen and the living room??"

:rotfl: So spoiled by DVC!

Oh not at all.
We bought in when I was pregnant with my DD-actually we bought because the drs thought I was miscarryng(would have been my 2nd in a row) and we were like ahhh, too mich stress- let's go spend some money, bought DVC, bought a new car and ohhhh! Look at that-the baby's fine after all! ROFL

So DD has been going since birth practically(3 months on her first DVC trip-and it was only our second-I had gone when I was 4 months pregnant with her)

VERY kid friendly and DVC makes it SO much easier to travel with kids, we only get a 1 bedroom, but when the kids go to sleep on the sofa bed, we can be in the bedroom watching TV and talking and not worrying about waking them or anything.
As a parent it is the best vacation because we still get privacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter