My Brain Thinks I'm 25 AND I'm NOT - One-Day DL PTR

JinxedSydney

Lurker Extraordinare
DH called me on Monday to let me know that he has training next month in Pasadena. Boo. AND, he has to drive down. Double Boo, since that's a nearly 8 hour drive. The kicker? It's All.Stinking.Week! Sure, take my hubby for a week before Thanksgiving. Gratefully, his bosses are amazing people.:thumbsup2

So, DH gives me the news and says, check your email. What's this? A $69 one-way ticket on Friday the 17th? :confused3

"Yeah, we can go to DL, just the two of us!" :bounce:

You don't have to tell me twice! It's been 10 years since we've been to DL. I booked a one-night stay at the Super 8 Anaheim (the reviews go both ways, but the price is amazing) and purchased our one-day, non-hopper tickets today.

Non-hopper, you say?! Yep. I'm a DL girl, through and through. If I had a second day, I'd hop, but it wasn't worth the extra $100 on this trip. That amount is actually paying for the hotel! I am surprising the DH with MaxPasses. Couldn't pass it up for the $20, since we've NEVER purchased a photopass before.

We broke the news to the DD's last night and they are happy for us. :jumping1:

What we've decided so far:
1. Park hours are 8 to midnight. That's what we are aiming for, so that we don't have to rush around.
2. It's the first day of peak, so we will be taking our time. My brain may think I'm in my 20's, but I'm sure that by midnight, I'll be wishing for an ECV.:moped:
3. Riding the HM as much as possible. It's a serious let-down that WDW MK doesn't dress up their HM, so I need to get my fill on this trip.
4. No merch. Unless there's a good pin...or a nice mug...or a Christmas ornament I need.

I'm looking forward to the spending a crammed day with my best friend of 25 years. :hyper2:

Is it too early to pack? I think not. I haven't flown in since our last WDW trip, so I had to look up the restrictions for carry-ons and fluid sizes. Hairspray will be the death of me.

Super super fun! I did a one day trip with girlfriends (park hopper, max pass, and only about 9 am to 9 pm) and we killed ourselves, haha! It was super fun, though. I'm sure you'll have a blast doing just Disneyland; excited to see how it goes!

Checkin' the weather with 11 days to go. Looks like it'll be near perfect: high of 77, low of 56, no chance of rain. DH said to me the other day, "I could ride the HM all day and be happy." I don't think that'll be the case, but we did agree to sit in the French Quarter dining area for dinner. :love:

Just made a lunch reservation at Carnation Cafe for 12:30--the throes of the lunch crowd. But at least we will have somewhere to sit down.

DH is already down in the basin and says the smog is ugly, but the weather is nice.

Tomorrow, I print my boarding pass!! Friday, we had plans to drive to places in LA. Now that I'm getting over a stomach virus and the big guy is in L.A. with bronchitis, we're going to play Friday by ear.

It's been so many years since I've gone to DL. Here's the plan:

Arriving at the Super 8 Anaheim at 6ish:
73291056.jpg

Already called ahead and they'll let us park his work van then. We have to come back after 3 to check-in.

Walk down Disneyland Blvd. to the parking structures and hop on a tram to the park (I've heard we can do that, but we will walk if we can't). I want a good breakfast, so we are going to order Starbucks via the app to the Downtown Disney location on the way in. There's a pick-up line, so I'm hoping to grab it and go to get the tickets. I tapped my brother, the DL expert, who helped me through the arrival process and which guest services booth to pick.

Once inside:
Rope drop
Cue up MP and let DH know that we can get all of the pictures we want
Peter Pan (I force DH to go)
HM
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
--if any of these need MP or FP, I'll grab them on the way, but we'll try to stay on the same side of the park to begin with

Honestly, those are the only ones he wants to make sure we do, but I'd like to fit in Space Mountain and let me ride Star Tours (makes me nauseous).

For lunch, Carnation Cafe, reservations 12:30. I know I'm already ordering the chicken fried chicken:
8a601cf8749bedb510922bd7cba9d316.jpg

And for a snack, we'll be on the hunt for the Campfire Smores funnel cake:
348s.jpg

I'll have to take a break in the afternoon to check into the hotel. DH will decide if we want a nap then, but I think it'll happen.

For dinner, French Dip sandwich under the lights at the French Market:
bf9a85f2186914f8605505a78c92c8e7--disneyland-food-disneyland-resort.jpg

Oh my goodness, that chicken fried chicken looks amazing!!

So fun. I like how you have your meals planned out exactly (I'm a planner so can appreciate). Have fun! And hope you both feel better very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!