• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Christmas at Disneyland video

Martyn

Earning My Ears
I had a fantastic couple of days at the DLR for Christmas and Boxing Day, boxing day was freezing, but didn't stop any fun. Having been a bit pessimistic about the effort from the European Disney contingent over it's American brothers, I was pleasantly surprised.
All the coasters are either better or the same as the USA ones.
The Moteurs Action stunt show is awesome, and very well executed.
The only thing not really as impressive is the Backlot tour, but still very fun.

Anyway, being a Roller Coaster Enthusiast, I made a video of my trip, which you can download here:

http://www.mcbored.co.uk/martyn/DisneyLandParisWMV.zip

Let me know what you think!

Martyn.

Glad you had a great time!! :) Would LOVE to watch your video, but we're not on broadband :blush: :sad2: so it would take me ages to download!!

Very nice editing.

(BTW, broadband is as cheap as £10 a month now. And available most places now, or very soon)

Martyn - You're so right!!! :teeth: I'll download it tomorrow.

AGlossop - We want to stay with our current ISP and for some reason they don't currently have any capacity available at our local telephone exchange! :rolleyes: Apart from occasions like this, I'm quite happy with dial up (I'm easily pleased ;) ) - less of a target for all those viruses!

Martyn,

I've enjoyed watching your video several times already, and can't wait to show it to my daughter when she gets home...
Great job! And thanks for sharing it with us!

I recognized BTM and RnR... and I'm assuming the 3rd coaster is Indiana Jones - Forward? We rode it last year for the first time - backward, and it was awful - I pretty much had my eyes closed the whole time praying my head would make it off in one piece! I said "never again".. but now that it's switched back I might try it... Can you report on how that was?

Thanks again for the video!
:D :flower1: :D

Yes it was Indy forwards, it got switched back a few weeks ago. I've not ridden it backwards so I can't compare, but I really enjoyed it. But then again I'm a Coaster Enthusiast so I'll ride anything. I had heard some very bad reports about it when it was backwards though.
It's a fun compact coaster really, not particularly smooth, but some nice fast turns, and some good G forces in the loop, I really enjoyed it. Rode it later in the dark aswell, but the video didn't come out too well for that, but again it was great.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for DLP and enjoyed so much your video.
Thanks for sharing
Wonderful job!
Laura
p.s. which software did you use for editing?

Thanks for the comments :D

I use Adobe Premiere to capture the video, then Cyberlink Powerdirector 3 to edit the video, then Premiere again to compress it. I would like to use Premiere to edit aswell as it is far more powerful, but it's pretty complicated and would take time (I don't have) to learn!

Nice video Martyn - you got the pictures and music together well too!

One other techie question - what's your camera that keeps that quality (plus music) within 14 meg's???

The camera isn't really relevant, as the original video is pretty compressed to form the 14MB file (The original DV Avi file is 800MB) I just used Adobe Premiere's WMV compression at 512Kbps to compress it.

But the camera is a Sony DCR HC18, if you did want to know.

And I've just tweaked the video a little bit more to get the timings with the music even better, namely the countdown on the Rock N Roller Coaster launch. It's uploading now but should be ready in about 15 minutes:

http://www.claydon-heights.com/martyn/DisneyLandParisWMV2.zip

Was interested as considering upgrade of my Digital 8mm Sony camera to a DV format and (surprise, surprise) the HC18 or HC20 was high on my list.

Thanks you may well have sold me on that one!!!

If you were serious about editing on the computer and things, I'd go for the HC20, as with the HC18 I find it hard to archive my final edited videos, as a 5 minute video is about 1GB and I don't have a DVD writer yet. With the HC20, it has DV-in, so you can just archive them onto tapes, which is cheap, and you can store an hours worth on there, so about 12GB. However I went for the cheapest option, and all my videos are stored on my computer. So I hope nothing goes wrong...

But they're lovely cameras, fantastic battery life, lovely screen, very compact, Carl Zeiss lens, etc etc etc.

And it must be a good buy as I work in Jessops, and would I buy something that isn't good? ;)

Wonderful video! It's inspiring me to actually get off of my butt and edit all my videos! I love Adobe Premiere, if you could take the time to learn to edit on it you will totally love it! I got my Bachelors degree in film and video and we had to take the Premiere classes before we could use the Avid machines.

Your video is making me miss DLP! My husband and I went in 2002 after the studios opened. We had a blast out there. We were engaged infront of the castle so DLP means alot to us. I loved the Motor show (plus the actors were all really cute! ha ha).

If you have any more video to share, please do!!! We all enjoy them!!!

:jumping1:

Finally got a free hour to download it!! :teeth: Loved it!! Many thanks for sharing it. :)

Hello Martyn,
Thanks for the additional videos! Unfortunately I was only able to open 1 of them, the rest won't open :guilty: The only one that opened was the Halloween video. By the way it looks wonderful! You have some editing skills! I also am a fan of the wide angle lens, it works wonders!!

Let me know if there are other clips I could try and view! Thanks again! :rockband:

The CoasterForce server is a bit tempremental with larger downloads, it's probably wise to get a download manager. However I can see about sticking the rest on the other server sometime tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter