My dog passed away

Welsh_Dragon

Y Ddraig Goch
My beautiful gentle six year old golden retriever passed away in his sleep this morning. He was young and fit and healthy, not ever a visit to the vet save for his annual vaccinations. We returned from WDW on Wednesday and collected him from the kennels. He seemed fine. Last night he didn’t eat his supper but took a few pieces from my hand. He was always very gentle and affectionate and seemed a little more gentle. I put him in his basket and stroked his head for a while and this morning he was dead. I am beyond devastated.

So sorry for the loss of your furbaby. He is now running free on the Rainbow Bridge with all of our DIS departed pets. In time may happy memories of the time spent with him, replace the sadness you feel now. He knew he was loved, he loved in return, and I believe that is all we can ask of our furbabies.

I am so sorry. I understand the devastation.

It sounds like he died peacefully in his own home knowing he was loved. I hope you can find solace in that.

I'm very sorry, lost of any pet is hard but that young and so rapidly is very devastating. Please do let the kennel know right away, you might also contact the breeder. Was your golden on a grain free diet?

Thank you for giving your Golden a loving home and a wonderful life.

I’m so sorry, how devastating! :sad: I am wondering about the grain free diet issue, too. Some dogs have developed cardiomyopathy which is an enlarged heart that can stretch the electrical fibers in the heart and cause sudden, lethal arrhythmias. Not saying this is absolutely what happened, necessarily, but it’s something to look into and discuss with your vet. :grouphug: (This can also happen in absence of a grain free diet, as well. Some breeds are prone to it and it can be hereditary. It can happen to people, too.)

I am so sorry to hear this news. To lose a beloved pet after an illness or age is one thing, but to lose a seemingly healthy pet is beyond tragic. As a previous poster said, he knew he was loved and cared for by you and I hope sometime in the future you'll take comfort from that.

I'm so very sorry! My yellow lab is my child and I can't imagine the heartbreak this would cause. Please contact the place he was boarded, just to make them aware, if nothing else. Sending many positive thoughts to you :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!