My dog passed away

Yeah it's such a devastating way to lose a pet. My first golden was a tri-pawd for a while but ultimately died from a suspected secondary cancer (hemangiosarcoma). I came home from work and she was just lying there and breathing pretty heavy. She didn't greet me like usual and she wouldn't eat her favorite treats. Her gums were super pale. We rushed her to the ER and there was nothing they could do. I was just glad we had time to say goodbye. She was our family's first pet and I was so thankful that she waited for me to come home. My parents were in the process of flying out for vacation and my brother was away at school. They were able to talk to her on the phone and tell her it was okay to go. I got to rub her head and paws as she took her last breath. Thinking about it still makes me cry.
That’s so sad. I teared up just reading it.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and advice. I appreciate it very much. First morning without my pup to welcome me in the morning and walk with is tough one. I buried him yesterday in a corner of one of my fields where he loved to run around at full speed.

Attachments

• B5910848-28C3-4782-8959-42ABF21013DF.jpeg
    B5910848-28C3-4782-8959-42ABF21013DF.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 29

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and advice. I appreciate it very much. First morning without my pup to welcome me in the morning and walk with is tough one. I buried him yesterday in a corner of one of my fields where he loved to run around at full speed.
:hug:'s

My Katy Rose passed away unexpectedly more than 8 years ago. It is still a sad memory but it does get better. I was at work but my husband was at home. Her and the other dogs heard something outside and went out to bark (thru the doggy door) as they often did. But they typically come back within a few. And when the other pups came back and she didn't he went out and found her dead and the end of the deck without a mark on her. Best we could tell she had a doggy heart attack or stroke. We thought about getting her checked at the vet but ultimately decided it would not change anything. She is buried at the back of our property with the other dogs that had preceded her.

I am so sorry for your loss. I grew up with goldens - they are such sweet, gentle animals. I hope all of the good memories will bring you some comfort.

I am so sorry. Losing a pet is devastating and when they are young and healthy it just takes it to the next level. :hug:

Congrats on finding a new sweet love. Nothing will replace Charlie, but your heart will grow bigger to make room for the new family edition! Share pictures and his/her name when you can!!

OMG, those puppies!

We just lost our ~13.5 year old golden 2 weeks ago due to cluster seizures. She had her first the day after Christmas then none. Then that night she had 4 so we knew it was time for her to cross the rainbow bridge. I am still grieving and can't imagine getting another. I guess time will heal my heart.

OMG, those puppies!

We just lost our ~13.5 year old golden 2 weeks ago due to cluster seizures. She had her first the day after Christmas then none. Then that night she had 4 so we knew it was time for her to cross the rainbow bridge. I am still grieving and can't imagine getting another. I guess time will heal my heart.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Welsh_Dragons, I am so sorry for your lose. We lost our Dug June 21 and it was devastating.

Yeah it's such a devastating way to lose a pet. My first golden was a tri-pawd for a while but ultimately died from a suspected secondary cancer (hemangiosarcoma). I came home from work and she was just lying there and breathing pretty heavy. She didn't greet me like usual and she wouldn't eat her favorite treats. Her gums were super pale. We rushed her to the ER and there was nothing they could do. I was just glad we had time to say goodbye. She was our family's first pet and I was so thankful that she waited for me to come home. My parents were in the process of flying out for vacation and my brother was away at school. They were able to talk to her on the phone and tell her it was okay to go. I got to rub her head and paws as she took her last breath. Thinking about it still makes me cry.

This is exactly what happened to Dug! A month before he died, he had had a scan at 18 months post osteo diagnosis. Everything was clear and even the vet was super excited. 1 month later he wasn't acting normal so we took him to the vet and they discover the hemangiosarcoma and it had ruptured. It was horrible.

I am so very sorry. We had 2 Goldens that both passed away suddenly - without giving us any time to say goodbye. For that reason I don't think I could have another. It's been about 4 years since the last one passed and I'm still a mess. The love we had for them is so true. Hurts so bad. I'm wishing you the best through this tough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!