My dog passed away

How devastating! I’m so sorry! I have a 2 yr old golden. I can’t imagine. 6 is still very young. Are you going to have a necropsy done?

Very sorry to read this, Welsh Dragon. :hug:'s

So young, so sudden. As said above, I would, for sure, discuss with the kennel.

You have lost a true buddy. Many wonderful memories over the past 6 years to cherish forever.

Just remember, he will be there, at the Bridge, playing, waiting......

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge, together....
Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

.​

So so sorry for your loss. We had to put down our 14 yo golden in May. We still miss him terribly. They really become members of one's family. Again so sorry.

So sorry for your loss. I had a Corgi mix that was fine, running around healthy when we went to bed and when we woke in the morning she had died overnight. It is devastating to lose a pet like that.

The best dog I ever had was a golden. He passed away 5 years ago at the age of 14. I'm so very sorry for what happened to your beautiful golden. I wish you the very best.

I'm so sorry. Reading it is actually quite shocking and scary. Some have mentioned the grain-free diet and you might look into that. Another thought is something that my very young dog has: Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. It is a very rapid anemia that is an auto immune disorder. It can be brought on by stress, vaccines, or illness (tick disease is one). I only mention it because if the body starts to attack it's read blood cells, the dog can die in a matter of hours. They start just like you described: being off their food. Most owners don't know to look at the gums which will give you a huge clue. I am in a Facebook group for this and I'm shocked at how fast some of these dogs can succumb.

Anyway, sorry to go on about it, I'm sure your not even thinking about this. I'm really sorry.

My heart aches for you. :hug: We lost our Golden 'Charlie' in July he was 7 1/2. 20190602_130536.jpg

We brought a puppy 'Summer' to her forever home in Sept. :)IMG_20190914_174221_974.jpg

Last edited:
I have been where you are, I know the pain. Is there a way your vet could find out what happen without it costing an arm and leg , I am guessing not ? What a terrible blow to your family, to lose a family member is never easy. God speed ! 😭

I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby.
My dogs are thirteen and eleven. They were actually my children's dogs, but when they all became adults, went to college and got married- well the pups stayed with me. I know it will be very difficult when my Pixie and Ellie pass over the rainbow bridge, but I think they know how much they are loved. They are sitting on the foot of my recliner right now. Btw, Pixie is a ****zu and Ellie is a toy poodle and both are my babies.

So sorry about the loss of your beloved golden. No matter the age, losing them is not easy. 😢 I'm a huge golden lover and am on my second one (pictured in my avatar). I lost my first one to osteosarcoma. They are such loves and I bet he was happy that he spent his last moments with you before he passed in his sleep. Since goldens are prone to cancer, I would also look into the possibly that he may have passed from hemangiosarcoma where an unknown tumor may have burst and he slowly bled out internally.

My current golden is part of the Golden Retriever Lifetime Study and is one of the 3000+ goldens throughout the country who are part of an observational study to try to figure out what are the genetic, lifestyle, environmental and dietary links are to certain diseases that plague them. A big focus is on cancer since they are so prone to them. If you interested in learning more, please check out this link https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/golden-retriever-lifetime-study .

So sorry about the loss of your beloved golden. No matter the age, losing them is not easy. 😢 I'm a huge golden lover and am on my second one (pictured in my avatar). I lost my first one to osteosarcoma. They are such loves and I bet he was happy that he spent his last moments with you before he passed in his sleep. Since goldens are prone to cancer, I would also look into the possibly that he may have passed from hemangiosarcoma where an unknown tumor may have burst and he slowly bled out internally.

My current golden is part of the Golden Retriever Lifetime Study and is one of the 3000+ goldens throughout the country who are part of an observational study to try to figure out what are the genetic, lifestyle, environmental and dietary links are to certain diseases that plague them. A big focus is on cancer since they are so prone to them. If you interested in learning more, please check out this link https://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/golden-retriever-lifetime-study .
My first golden died from that too. He was 12, but it was sudden onset like that. But we were able to bring him to the vet & he found the tumor was contained in his spleen so we did surgery. But, he died overnight in the hospital unexpectedly b/c he had done well post surgery. 😔. On my 3rd Golden & the first 2 both died of cancer but different kinds. But all of my pets have died of cancer pretty much.

My first golden died from that too. He was 12, but it was sudden onset like that. But we were able to bring him to the vet & he found the tumor was contained in his spleen so we did surgery. But, he died overnight in the hospital unexpectedly b/c he had done well post surgery. 😔. On my 3rd Golden & the first 2 both died of cancer but different kinds. But all of my pets have died of cancer pretty much.

Yeah it's such a devastating way to lose a pet. My first golden was a tri-pawd for a while but ultimately died from a suspected secondary cancer (hemangiosarcoma). I came home from work and she was just lying there and breathing pretty heavy. She didn't greet me like usual and she wouldn't eat her favorite treats. Her gums were super pale. We rushed her to the ER and there was nothing they could do. I was just glad we had time to say goodbye. She was our family's first pet and I was so thankful that she waited for me to come home. My parents were in the process of flying out for vacation and my brother was away at school. They were able to talk to her on the phone and tell her it was okay to go. I got to rub her head and paws as she took her last breath. Thinking about it still makes me cry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter