My First Trip Report! Drama, Meltdowns and Illness...Oh My! August 2014

TwoCortWort

A Buckeye Disney Princess
Hello!

I am going to attempt my first review of our recent trip to Disney. My parents, my 12 (going on 13) year old niece and I spent 10 days down at the world. All the pre-trip planning I did, I was so excited for this trip. But of course like any family vacation, it doesn't go without a hitch and have hiccups along the way.

We took in many firsts this trip...it marked my niece's first stay at a Disney resort, meeting Anna and Elsa (love that I nailed the fast pass), rode 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (another first), Frozen Summer Fun (Took it all in minus the sing-a-long), Dining Firsts (Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's) plus landing Be Our Guest reservation about 3 months out from our trip (wasn't my parents and I's first time eating there).

I am not sure how this works, but hope I can interest some people in hearing about our trip. :D

I am interested in your trip! We are going in November for the first time for most of our family, and we have all of those things on our list of must dos! Except for the Frozen event, but only because it probably won't still be going.

I am excited to hear about your trip! :thumbsup2

Sounds interesting! I'm in!

Thanks for joining in.
I am in...

Thanks!!!
I am interested in your trip! We are going in November for the first time for most of our family, and we have all of those things on our list of must dos! Except for the Frozen event, but only because it probably won't still be going.

I am excited to hear about your trip! :thumbsup2

I will try to detail everything as much as possible. I didn't snap pictures of everything a lot of the time my parents had my camera or phone taking pictures. But thanks everyone for being interested. :)

Here I go....

I did so much planning for this trip. I always take on the planning and it includes the dining along with fast passes etc. before we even got out the door, my grandma (87 years old) was diagnosed with colon cancer two weeks before we left, she wound up having to have two surgeries in a week and this all of course took place before we were to leave. My dad went to get my niece in Ohio and visited with his mom in the hospital, the day after they came back, my grandma had to have emergency surgery to repair a leak from the surgery. So we were headed on vacation with this all on our mind, including her going through a severe state of depression, so our stress level was already at a high. (Good news after a month in the hospital and rehab, she's finally home)

So we left at 5pm after my mom got off work and drove to Savnannah, GA which is about half way between here and Orlando. Woke up and of course my niece began this "I am not eating there, I don't like their food, etc." yes the drama began very early on! So she had breakfast at the hotel and we ate McDonald's up the street from the hotel. (Sorry no pictures of all of this) The four hour drive to Orlando seemed to go on forever and plus we had to watch every Disney princess movie we owned on the way down, along with my niece doing her summer reading. I was never so happy to get to the destination, I was about to go batty watching Disney movies. Lol

We arrived at All Stars Sports about 1:30-2:00 and checked in. They actually had a room ready for us, and we were in Building 5 first floor, right off the pool deck. Awesome spot! We got our things unpacked and my niece of course wanted to go swimming at the pool, and we weren't even unpacked and she was of course hungry. So I took her down to get her something to hold her over until we got to DTD. Her food of choice the entire trip was a crossiant and strawberry jam, lots of jam! She really loved using her magic band to buy her food. So after we got unpacked we headed to DTD.

Our restaurant of choice on our first day is Earl of Sandwich, a favorite of my parents and I. My dad and I got the Italian and my mom got the Capris. We also split a bag of barbecue chips. My darling niece decided to have her meltdown, one of the many to come, and after awhile she asked me to take her up to order something. She got the chicken noodle soup and a cupcake, eventually she got herself an Italian sandwich. (The only picture of food I have is of my own...will post pictures when I am back on my desktop)

After our dinner my niece's lunch, we took off for Epcot, our traditional first park we hit. We had fast passes for that evening, my parents had Soarin, Spaceship Earth and Nemo. My niece and I had Test Track, Mission Space and Nemo. I found myself getting a bit nauseated on Mission Space and I finally felt I was getting old! My niece and I broke away from my parents and we went over into a World Showcase for her to have dinner, and it was at the QS place in China. (Can't remember the name of the place) My niece was asking about going over to Magic Kingdom because they had longer hours, and by this time it was 8:30 and I was like "No we are going tomorow. We will go swim at the hotel instead." We hit test track and headed off to the buses to head back to the hotel.

The movie of the evening of course had to be "Frozen." I think Let it Go became stuck in my head from that moment on. I opted out of swimming and my dad stayed down at the pool with my niece until the movie was over, which became a nightly occurrence for my niece, actually.

So that concludes day one and travel. I will post pictures from the first day when I am back on the desktop. :)

10609628_10152303654702705_5954569056970525559_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Me as we checked in. My wild hair look after riding in the car.

My dinner at Earl of Sandwich and YES it's delicious! Can never go wrong eating there.

996143_10152303654832705_5504047494566589764_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
They were feeding the manatees as we got off of Nemo. Love watching them swim at the aquarium at Epcot.

10527376_10152303654907705_8580069566431856048_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hidden Mickey!

10524676_10152303655017705_7162669980423117974_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
My niece eating her dinner.

10600575_10152303655077705_2060975197057731077_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG
Test Track on-ride photo. The family behind had never rode the ride before and it was fun riding with them and hearing their reactions

Up Next...We meet Anna and Elsa, ride a crazy train ride and have dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step Mom and Sisters....

Oh dear! I'm so sorry about your Grandmother!

I do hope that you were able to get some relaxation in and de-stress a little but while on the trip. That seems like a lot to have on your mind.

Oh dear! I'm so sorry about your Grandmother!

I do hope that you were able to get some relaxation in and de-stress a little but while on the trip. That seems like a lot to have on your mind.

We were able to enjoy the trip, we just had her on the back of our minds through out. She hit a severe depression right before we left and we weren't sure she would ever come out of it, but she's doing great now and back home.

We were able to enjoy the trip, we just had her on the back of our minds through out. She hit a severe depression right before we left and we weren't sure she would ever come out of it, but she's doing great now and back home.

That's good to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter