My First Trip to DL

figment74

DIS Dad #211
Well I did it! As you can tell from my Signature, I've been to the World more than a few times. (LOL)

I've recently been assigned to a project that has me in OC, and San Diego at least 12 weeks this year. As a result, I decided to purchase an AP to DL, and DCA. I'm looking forward to a fun year at the Happiest Place on Earth!

My first time at the DL Parks was everything that I thought it would be. I only had 2 evenings in the Parks but used my Hopper extensively.

Upon arrival at the parks I promptly went to DLP and stopped to get my Pic in front of the Main Street Station. After my First Pic, I walked down Main Street USA, and immediately noticed that scale of the park is much smaller than the MK at WDW. I was very Hungry as It was almost 3PM, and I hadn't had lunch, so I walked through the park to find a place to eat, as all the TS ADRs were taken for the day. (mothers day)

I did get a FP for Haunted Mansion, so I figured Lunch near HM made sense. I found myself at French Market Restaurant and settled on the Jambalaya. This was very tasty. The Chicken and Shrimp were tender and well-seasoned, the Rice was fluffy, and not sticky at all. Lastly the Corn muffin was sweet and Spicy, a perfect accompaniment to this dish!

After Lunch, I made my way over to HM with my FP and was able to get to the Stretch room very quickly. The most interesting thing that I noticed here is that the Pictures have nothing to do with which side the exit door appears. Also enjoyed seeing all the similarities between these two rides.

Following my HM ride, I walked over to POC, only to see that the wait was over an hour, and I decided that I could make my way through the park. I checked the app, and found a FP for Buzz, and made the reservation. From here I walked through the DL park and caught part of the Mickey Soundsational Parade! This was very entertaining, and nice diversion.

After this, I walked through Frontier Land, and found myself at the door to Galaxies Edge! I young Prince walked up to the door and knocked. I have expected the door to open and have a cast member invite the family in to get a sneak preview! Of course, that did not happen. Continuing on, I walked past Fantasy land and the throng into Tomorrow Land. I went for a ride on Buzz, as my FP time had arrived. I did enjoy this as much as its counterpart at the MK. This was a lot of fun. before the night was out, I managed to ride this 4 times!

After this ride, I walked over to the Launch Bay, and found the Chase Photo op, and did get to have a Photo with Vader! From here I walked over towards the Hub and found out that Indy has a Single Riders Line, and I was able to ride this in about 15 min vs 120 that was the wait time that day.

This ride was very similar to the Dinosaur ride at AK. As the ride began, I noticed that the opening is almost the same as Dinosaur. And some of the elements are the same, Giant Snake vs Giant Dino. Etc. . .

Next, it was almost time for my dinner at Wine Country in DCA> So I bounced over to DCA.

DCA - - - -

The entrance to this park feels a whole lot like DHS, until you get past BV street. I walked over to hostess and checked in. I had the Salmon with the Brussels and Garlic Stacked Potatoes. This was a very tasty dinner, but the Bread was a huge disappointment. Next time, I'll just not get the bread. It tasted like Stale Italian Loaf. Not good at all, despite the nice dipping sauce they provide. I also tried a Whiskey Breeze, and really enjoyed this. That was my dessert.

From here I made my way over to RSR and took advantage of the Single Rider Line. To say that this is ride is like TT at EPCOT, is a libel to RSR! This ride is in every way superior to TT. It’s a better story, and much more entertaining track. I will ride this 5 times before my Trip is over!

After I enjoyed this ride, I walked around Radiator Springs, and was blown away at the level of detail I felt like I was in the Cars movie. I was tempted to try one of the Cones as a snack, but decided to head over to GOG, as I was able to get a FP for that. GOG entry was a lot like that of the TOT over at DHS. I was taken quite by surprise in the slight difference in the way that the vehicle moves. (no Spoilers). I will say that the effects are AMAZING!!!! So much better than TOT. I will go on to ride this 4 times, before I end my Trip.

From TOT, I stop and get a Pineapple Margherita (it’s delicious, if a bit weak) After I had my libations I headed over to DLP, to check out the night time show on Main street. This was about the coolest thing I’ve seen on Main Street in a long time. I saw this 2x this week.

After the Mix n Magic show was over, I walked back to DCA and went on GOG and RS one last time, before the park closed. And then back to DLP to ride Nemo, Buzz, and an Uber home. It was 11:30 PM PST, and I was still on EST having been traveling since 3am that day, I was done. 27k steps, and lots of exploring. I had a blast for my very first time.

My 2nd day was on Wed, and somehow DCA was more crowded than Sunday! (I’d later find out that it was Grad night). I got to the parks around 4 and stayed till 11. I got in more of my rides that I had already done, managed to get the Racers 2 more times that night, as well as a FP for GOG and a quick Standby. . . I walked all around the park this time. Grizzly Peak, Pixar Pier, as well as Hollywood Land. No Table Service Dinner this night, as it was 100% booked. I will have to settle for Cheese Fries with Bacon, and Chees Puffs Dust. An interesting snack, but not one that I’ll get again. After my Snack, I watched Philharmagic. This is the same as MK, and yet different. The theater was set-up just like Muppets at DHS, so not near as big a screen as MK. Following the Philharmagic, I made my way over to RSR, and the single rider line. I love this ride. After the Ride, I was able to get a FP for GOG, that was only 15 min from when I grabbed it. Heading over to GOG I was able to enter a different Preview room, this one had an AA Rocket, as opposed to a video. Very impressive. Still blown away by this ride. The detail, as well as the effects, so cool, and fun. After that, I walked back to Cars Land, for the Sh-boom, and one last ride on the RSR. Heading over to Pixar Pier for the World of Color, this was very cool. I didn’t get there in time to get a Viewing spot, and when I paused for a moment a CM told me that I had to keep moving. I asked the CM if I could pace back and forth, and they said, “as long as I didn’t stop, I could”. So, I paced back and forth for the entire Show. Not Ideal, but several of the cast members got a chuckle. And I was able to see a good part of the show from the Dessert party vantage point.

Just before the WOC ended, I exited DCA, and went over to DLP just in time to catch Mix and Magic. Again, I would walk all the way to the Castle, and see the fireworks/light show as I went. I went on Buzz and scored almost 400k points. Thanks Internet! After Buzz, was Tiki Room, and Indy. Indy would break down right at the boulder. We sat there for about 20 min with the Light on, and Indy Dangling over the vehicle. My last ride of the night the Jungle Cruise. This was almost exactly the same ride as MK. Having had my last ride of the night (owing to the park being closed), I headed back to the Drop Off Loop, and went back to the Hotel.

I can’t wait to go back in June for my Star Wars Preview day. I say Preview, since I only get to be in the land for 4 hours.

For Pics of my Trip, please check my IG @WDW4L

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!