My Han Solo Spooktacular trip to WDW (2nd trip but 1st solo and on property)

Bex258

DIS Veteran
Hi, so I thought I’d do a quick intro and pre trip bit as I didn’t do a pre trip report, far too busy planning and amending my itinerary to do that. :rotfl:
This is the first trip report I've actually posted.

55 character autographs (including 3 on pre-signed cards)
63 character meets either met again or character in different costume = a total of 114 plus the Coca-Cola Bear at Disney Springs
18 Photo Pass videos on my Memory Maker
654 Photo Pass Photos including the Coca-Cola Bear
2 Character meets at Universal
648 Photo Pass pictures on my Memory Maker (not including meeting the Coca-Cola bear as they haven't loaded)
73.9 GB or 7,446files of photos and video from my camera, phone and Polaroid Cube Plus.

My phone company tells me that using the plan I have – 12GB of data that I can use abroad like normal and same with certain calls/text but I can’t remember the restrictions (I did spend £17.99 on calls but I had a few issues to sort with that). I apparently saved…..drum roll…..

£4,719.75 I was defiantly using the Disney WiFi but when I didn’t have that I was able to get good signal for the most part of the trip.

Introduction

I’m Bex from England. I’m a big Disney fan, love rollercoaster’s too. I’m also a vegetarian. I have a bunch of favourite characters but Thumper and Miss Bunny are two of my main favourites. Growing up one of my favourites was Woody and I still have him and my Toy Story cinema ticket from back in the 90’s. I wasn’t really into princesses but I liked Belle, Mulan and Pocahontas. I now like Merida, Tiana and Rapunzel too.

I was actually born in the town where the real Pocahontas died – sort of, they say she died on the ship but it was passing/docked at Gravesend and there’s a statue in the church yard (she may have been buried there) and she was christened Rebecca, my full first name. It was 400 years since she died this year.

24199715518_e6597c62a9.jpg

I’ve always loved Disney, I’ve gone through phases growing up where it wasn’t as important but I always come back.

I went to Disneyland Paris as a child in the mid 90’s, I went back June 2002 with a school trip and then 2002 October with my family.

I had always wanted to go to Disney World but my parents couldn’t afford to take us. Once I’d finished school I was planning a holiday with a friend and we had been looking at some of the theme parks in Europe but as we were pricing it up and for a bit more we realised we could do a Florida trip, then one of the guys at work said he would like to go back and then we found another guy to even it out and the four of us went to Disney World. We had wonderful time and when I came back my excitement was tempting my Mum to go but she doesn’t like long flights and my Dad hates hot weather so even if we could eventually afford it, it still wouldn’t happen.

I have since met another friend who did live out in LA and went with a third friend to Disneyland Resort although I couldn’t afford the Disneyland hotel. I can highly recommend Motel 6 Anaheim main gate, cheap and clean and my room looked like the photos on the site and I got a room with a view of the parks.

Anyway I’m side tracking slightly. Having done all that and gone back to school (I went to a college but it’s not a University I don’t know what it would be called outside of the UK– more a place for practical qualification and year courses e.g. Hairdressing and plumbing. I did fashion retail). I had Disney withdrawal pretty bad and spoke to the friend who had gone with me to Disney World the first time and we kept talking about going back and maybe taking her mum too.

She went off to work abroad the next summer and passed away in her sleep, was completely out of the blue (undiagnosed condition). Given that she was younger than me, it was a shock and hit me pretty badly. It just made me want to go back as soon as I could.

I managed to get some money together and was getting ready to book the trip for the year ahead. End of August 2016 ready for September 2017. I went into work one morning and we found out we were all being made redundant and the store I was working at was closing down.

I was only out of work for two weeks before I found some Christmas employment and they liked me so they kept me on and gave me more hours and a pay rise. I don’t earn enough to move out but I worked out I could just about manage Disney World so in January I booked it. My second trip and my first solo trip, 14 nights.

(I have done a solo flight back from LA and I did a 6 night solo trip to New York a few summers back so solo is not a new thing to do but 14 nights on my own is).

Last edited:
“Every turn I take, every trail I track, every path I make, every road leads back to the place I know where I cannot go, where I long to be…”

Pre trip:-

There isn’t much to tell about the pre-trip so rather than making a whole Pre trip thread I shall summarize here. I did the usual 60 days out FP and 180 days out ADR’s. I got most of what I wanted and was able to work around the not so favourable times.

I made a notepad planner so I could keep an eye on my itinerary and also make a note of what I spent on food, drink and souvenirs. The challenge this time around would be to stay on budget, whenever I go to the US (especially with Disney involved) I over spend.

I purchased some ears from Etsy for my trip and I was also lucky get some cheap options from Primark for £3.00. I bought a phone pouch from eBay and added a piece of faux leather I cut out to decorate it – I needed somewhere to place my phone when using my camera and I’m using my old WDW lanyard instead of the string strap that came with it.

The other thing I had to prepare for Disney was the two costumes for my MNSSHP. I chose Judy Hopps and Belle as they were the easiest for me to create.

Judy Hopps is Judy in her summer police uniform.

Navy shorts, light blue tank top and navy crop top as the police vest, black belt and sandals.

I created the ears using felt and faux fur on flower/craft wire and a headband. I purchased the badge and carrot pen off of Amazon. I used some craft paint to make the badge look a little realistic. The pouches on the belt are made from faux leather and card to steady it. I used fabric glue and then stitched around the edges in case the Florida humidity disagreed with the glue. I glued faux leather silver die cut circles for the poppers and added Velcro so that the all open. The arm bands are navy jersey fabric and silver faux leather for the silver strips, I did make them but they went badly so a friend who can sew recreated them and they came out so well.

Now the Belle costume, well that didn’t happen. Two weeks before I was due to fly out I still had the costume to do and I woke up on the Monday morning not able to move my neck and back on my left side. I had a couple of days off work and I went to a small injuries unit and she told me I should be good by the weekend… I wasn’t. I booked an appointment with someone my sister uses and hoped she would give me good news. I was worried I would not be able to do any of those rides that have health notices. I was mentally trying to rethink how I could work this trip. I might need assistance if I couldn’t walk far (it hurt all the way down my back) and maybe I could do the Keys to the Kingdom tour and things like that instead of being a ride heavy trip, not ideal as it would cost me more but I wasn’t going to cancel.

After two sessions, my back and neck were back to somewhat normal and I was given the all clear for the rides. Just told so see if I could get a massage before I go home. I was tense all down my left side including my foot!

So with one costume to go during this time I went for a Jungle Cruise Skipper. All I needed to do was get a shirt, ears and make a badge to create the outfit and I was in luck H&M had the perfect shirt, on sale as well. I found some ears and due to timing I ordered them to the resort (along with a couple of other purchases that had very pricey postage to the UK).

Hurricane Irma as heading to Florida at this point to I was cautiously watching, luckily I was due the weekend after she hit so I had a chance to see how bad before taking action. My back up would have been to switch to LA and go to Disneyland, a shorter trip but one I wanted to do at some point anyway. Aside from the locals losing power, the damage wasn’t anything to worry about from what people reported so I carried on getting ready for my trip.

Plans for the trip:-

Meet as many characters as I can, ride as many rides as I can.

Go to Trader Sam’s

Characters in Flight

Have fun – not going to be difficult

ADR’s –

Skipper Canteen

Chef Mickey’s Breakfast

Trattoria Al Forno Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast

Minnie’s seasonal Dine at Hollywood and Vine (with Fantasmic! FP)

Doanld’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (with Rivers of Light FP)

Breakfast with Character at Crystal Palace

Chip ‘n’ Dale Harvest Feast Breakfast at The Garden Grill

Minnie’s Beach Bash breakfast at Cape May Café

Be Our Guest dinner

‘Ohana breakfast.

Special Events:-

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party x 2

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Event

Early Morning Magic

Trip info

I got Memory Maker free with my booking which I was going to buy anyway. I didn’t on my last trip but I did for Disneyland and I got so much for the money (I paid around $69 at the time for Disneyland and that worked out at 5 photos to cover the cost…I got 200.)

The only hotel I could afford was All Star Movies (I’d previously stayed on I-drive) and this was something on my friends bucket list and something I wanted to do.

One day I’d love to stay in the Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Savannah view even if for a couple of nights of my next trip – I’m trying to come back for 2021 and do one of the 3 or 4 day Disney Cruises.

I am using Disney’s Magical Express to get to and from the airport. I will not be driving at all, the idea of trying to navigate, drive “on the wrong side of the road” and remember all the US road rules by myself to me was just too stressful and not something I wanted to worry about. It would have come in handy for a couple of places though but they can be worked around.

I have flying miles with Virgin Atlantic (I got their credit card to help get points so I was able to save £200 off my flight) so I needed to fly with them and book it separate to my Disney hotel booking.

For those in the UK I used Quidco and got cash back (about £10 on my flights and £50 back from booking the hotel through Walt Disney World website).

Sadly they did not have a morning flight so I wouldn’t be landing until 5pm and allowing time to get through customs which I think when I was in NYC last time it took about an hour. I only plan to wander around the hotel on this evening.

Flight

I was lucky enough to get dropped off at the airport by my parents so I saved on the parking. I upgraded my seats to premium economy. I’m flying back overnight so it’s a must for me, bigger seat, foot rest and just a nicer space. I decided to treat myself to the same upgrade on the way there too. I did economy back last time at the back of the plane and I couldn’t get comfortable kept needing to stretch my legs, it was not a pleasant flight home. I’m flying on the plane with the upper deck and I have a seat up there both ways which will be a new experience.

Last edited:
September 17th
"Tell everybody I'm on my way, new friends and new places to see, with blue skies ahead yes. I'm on my way and there's nowhere else that I'd rather be."

I was ready to leave on time that morning which was great considering the disaster that was the night before. I almost didn’t get everything packed. My hand luggage bag was the right measurement but once full was expanding and I panicked it was too big. I always take spare clothes in that bag in case my suitcase goes missing but I also wanted to take my costumes after all the effort I put into it. I made it work and then went about painting my nails but it refused to dry so I just did my toe nails and removed the paint off my fingers. Whenever I want them for a special event it never works out, I should just give up. I had to buy nail polish remover pads from the airport (luckily they didn't cost the earth) because I still had left over paint on them and being a dark burgundy it was kind of noticeable. :sad2:

So being a Sunday morning we don't have any traffic to deal with (which is lucky because the M25 is like the I-4) and arrive at the terminal. Head over to the check in desk, there are a few people in the queue at the premium economy desk so they send me over to upper class (I was secretly hoping that would be an upgrade but no). My bags were all good and I got given a sticker for Gatwick Premium Security check (I’m not sure if that was a nice gesture or a premium economy perk at this airport) and I said good bye to my parents and went into the security check.

I got through in less than 5 minutes.

Great now I have over 2 hours to pass in the airport. I found the J.D Weatherspoons pub or as us Brits call it, Spoons.

I found a seat and sat down to read a bit of my book, waiting for my gate to open. Once it opened I headed there, struggling a bit, my hand luggage bag a bit heavy. Slightly wishing I had a wheeled bag, might get one of those in the future.

So I’m on the plane flying on Hot Lips (the name of the Virgin Atlantic plane). We left at around 1:40pm UK time which was later than planned. On the flight I got snacks, lunch, mini ice lolly (a Fab) and then a sandwich for late afternoon and then a hot towel and some love heart sweets. I watched Born in China and Pirate of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales. I sat on the upper deck which when I first got there thought I was going to melt until the air con came on. As there are less people up there it was defiantly quieter so this will come in handy for when I return home on a night flight.

I landed at 5:24pm and left the plane and headed to security, did the digital passport check on the machine and then headed over to the guy at the desk. (I feel like this doesn’t speed up the process much). The guy at the desk was surprised that I was going for 14 nights and wasn’t meeting anyone. He was much nicer than some I have met and he kind of reminded me of Russell Crowe.

Headed over to pick up my suitcases and was one of the first lot to get them, so I grab them and leave the crowd to head down a walkway where it’s just me and I feel like I’m going in the wrong way. One of my suitcases gets stuck on the join in the floor (I have two suitcases, a hand luggage bag and a mini back pack on). An airport employee helps me up to the escalator and I jump on the non-Disney monorail. I had trouble navigating the airport and found a lift/elevator to get to the correct floor. Sadly I was up the other end of the long stretch that leads to the Disney Magical Express.

Finally got there, the machine almost would not accept my booking but I didn’t get sent a barcode ticket just confirmation. After a moment or two and a frozen computer I was good to go and the bus was already there waiting for me. Phew :worship:

We left the airport not long after I boarded the bus and I watched the window. I saw some of the left over hurricane damage. According to my photos the bus was driving past the airport about 6:48pm at 7:08pm I snapped a picture of the WDW signage, about to enter the Disney bubble!

38020839802_32e686c424.jpg

At 7:00pm I took a picture of the Art of Animation (the resort I really wanted to stay at but it was going to cost me another £600 and I just couldn’t afford it or justify spending that much more on a hotel) sign however we didn’t stop there and at 7:10pm we stopped at Pop Century and let three people off. We then stopped at Coronado Springs at 8:17pm and two people got dropped off, quite an empty bus.

I got to see a deer at the side of the road (alive) so that was my first Disney wildlife spot, it happened too quickly to catch a photo. We then stopped at All-Star Sports and then onto All-Star Movies at 8:28pm.

So after collecting my things and tipping the driver I headed inside to check in. I was waiting in the queue and the CM on the guest services bit for booking tickets etc called me over (woo) and got me checked in. I got my first ever magic band, yay and after sorting everything out I headed to my room. It was a bit if a struggle to get the two suitcases and my hand luggage bag to my room. On my next visit I shall defiantly consider choosing a room closer. I was in Love Bug Block 6 Room 5758. It took me a while to find the room, I was getting a bit confused with the directions but I got there in the end. I was at the ground floor (first floor in US- I forgot about that in the airport at well) and around the back facing trees and a car park. It meant I had a very quiet room but I guess no one could admire my window display. Thankfully I didn’t spend too much time on it; I just used two failed headband creations. Sorcerer Mickey hat and Minnie’s witch hat.

24221948578_e4911d173e_n.jpg
38074693991_617735a968.jpg

I had one of my parcels waiting on one of the beds for me when I got to my room, I can’t recall which one but that was great. My groceries were not there yet so I thought I’d get something to eat and see if I could track down my things. I spoke to a CM, the groceries were being delivered at that moment and the other parcels would be in my room the next day (I think the 3 of them turned up if not one turned up the day after).

I headed to Donald’s Double Feature and picked up my autograph pad and pen, WD magnet and All-Star Resort pin. Ready for the next day and I have a pin from my hotels at Disney Paris so wanted to keep the tradition.

Then I stopped by the World Premiere Food Court and I got a veggie burger and fries and a side of coleslaw (I thought it was fries or coleslaw) and a minute maid apple juice, with tax was $14.60.

I don’t love veggie burgers that much as they don’t always have a nice mix of veg inside, at home I eat the Quorn branded stuff. I ate my food and headed back to my room, thought it best to sleep early.

My grocery delivery was waiting for me when I got back in and they very kindly put my water and juice in the fridge. I had ordered Cliff bars (turned out to be too many and I forgot to arrange a pass along with either Diser’s or people on a FB page I’m on so I took them home as my sister and mum would eat them). I also ordered Evian water in big bottles to put into a water bottle for the parks and Minute Maid apple juice because I love that.

I guess I’m a bit of a water snob but I cannot stand the taste of Dasani or the other branded water than Disney and Universal sell. In the UK bottled water is normal spring/glacier water and the taste is so much nicer (Evian, Volvic etc – they did try to bring Disani to the UK, it did not go well) so I just filled up a big bottle to start the day with and then drink apple juice or coke/sprite later in the day. I met a Canadian couple later in the trip who also felt the same way about the water so I’m not the only one!

So I prep my bag for the next day and then try and get some sleep.

My room:-

So overall I was very happy with the room, I’m not going to spend much time in it so I just need basic amenities. I did find the bathroom light flickered but after the first night I didn’t notice it so maybe housekeeping notified maintenance or it fixed itself, Disney magic! The carpet looked worse for wear though could have been a bit cleaner in the corners of the room. I think they would be better without carpet, something with insulation so it doesn’t echo on the floor below but would be easier to keep clean especially as it’s a value and probably has a high guest turn around. (It worked really well for Motel 6 at Anaheim Main gate looked clean and tidy with a lino type of floor, was nicer than I make it sound and it lightened up the room) and would be easier for housekeeping. I did come back one evening to a very strong cleaning product smell, a bit chlorine smelling so I wonder if my room was one of the last on the route that day.

38020676122_2105968eff.jpg

An early morning shot later in the trip looking over to the other Block at Love Bug.

Last edited:
Monday 18th September

“I just can’t wait to be….at the Magic Kingdom”

I woke up the next morning, showered, dressed, tip left for housekeeping and out the door and ready for day one in Magic Kingdom. Like my last Disney trip I set my alarm to be Circle of Life, kind of gets me in the mood for Disney although for the most part I was up before the alarm anyway.

26275659339_cf8d682dfb_m.jpg

I skipped breakfast at the hotel...ended up being a running theme for the trip and I got to the park either before 8am or just after. I used my magic band for my first park entry, yay. I also got my first photopass shot at the front by the pumpkins with the train station behind I forgot to upload that.

38050973321_4ddd30a802_q.jpg

My watch and Magic Band combo gave me a great double striped tan line :rotfl2:

I walked around to get my view of the castle. I then went up to train station to get a couple of photos. So beautiful on a sunny morning as the sun is rising. Perfect temperature as well.

26275642359_b9854976a9.jpg

My phones not doing it justice, thankfully I have a compact camera that has 40x zoom on it.....

38020149622_ff92d72a32.jpg

Much better

Once I got down I decided to get a ride on one of the Main Street Vehicles as I knew they didn’t run for very long. Once up at the hub I got some more photos and then walked down to the Main Street Bakery for a Croissant and my first Disney Strawberry and Cream Frap, I got a tall one, which was $8.82 with tax at 8:16am.

37998573946_caf7641edc_n.jpg

Only passenger on this one, throughout the trip they didn't seem too be popular.

26273144719_461daca696_n.jpg

I'm here!!

I got some photos taken in Town Sqaure not sure if I went there before or after the vehicle ride.

24196205298_3d9a05075f_n.jpg

First Magic Shot of the trip, they got me to do the Poison Apple but it looks awful I did it again later in the trip and I'm much happier with that one.

While I ate my breakfast I sat outside the Plaza and watched the wildlife, I saw little brown birds, a white Ibis and then a squirrel and a Disney bunny real quick in the flower bed area that is next to Main Street. I then video chatted to my parents but about halfway through a show started up, couples on a Main Street Vehicle, I phoned them back afterwards and then went over to watch the Let The Magic Begin show.

As everyone rushed off to Seven Dwarves Mine Train I went left to Fantasyland and did some of the other rides.

I used part of Kenny The Pirate’s touring plans so I’ll just summarise. the rides I went on without mentioning an order.
Between 9am and stopping for lunch just before 1pm I was able to ride:

Dumbo, Barnstormer, Journey under the Sea, Mickey’s Phillarmagic, Prince Charming Carousel, Haunted Mansion, Aladdin’s Magic Carpets, Big Thunder Mountain (first FP of the trip) and PoC.

Jungle Cruise was still down due to Irma at this point but when I spoke to the CM they said Friday so I was happy with that she was happy I was because most people had been complaining they were going home before then.

26274968749_6f1c0ecd3b_m.jpg

Front row snap before I put my camera away

I had a veggie burrito and churros and coke. I used mobile order because the queue was quite long and it worked well, by the time I got my order I would have probably only been placing it with the CM. I enjoyed this meal, really filling although I did pull out the veg as it was a bit too chewy but rice and beans and salad from the salad bar was food I was happy to eat.

I decided since I was in Frontierland I would find a parade spot here; I sat myself down and swapped my ears for a hat to try and shade myself from the sun. I was joined on the left by a little girl, 6 years old from Georgia and she chatted to me as we waited and a lady and her little one was on the right. When the CM was handing out little cards I asked for one, it was a safety tip from Timone and Pumba. The little girl was lovely to talk to although when she saw the country bears wandering about she made a comment about them being men in suits and I panicked and was luckily able to change the subject and then she questioned herself. So hopefully she can enjoy that magic for a little longer. Pretty sure this is where I burned a bit but it was a very hot day. The parade was good, I wished I had changed the angle of my photos though, the room goes across them.

37998561496_716266d822.jpg

Need to rethink my photos next time I do the parade.

After the parade I headed down to the firehouse to get my Sorcerer card pack and I saw the Dapper Dan’s performing so I stayed to watch as they were on my list. They had a couple turn up where the guy had prior arranged to sing with the Dapper Dan’s to his partner/fiancé. It was so cute, he was just had to sing “you” when the Dapper Dan’s got to that part of the song.

37342579814_7f0339a430.jpg

Heading back up to the hub and caught a bit of the Main Street Philamonic band which was great.

Then I managed to get in Mad Tea Party, It’s a Small World and Space Mountain before another call to my parents and my reservation at Skipper Canteen.

I managed Big Thunder ok in the morning but Space Mountain did seem to throw me around than I remember but it was a long time ago. I decided not to ride it again this trip, that back and neck issue was only a few weeks before and I did not need that returning during this trip.

I love the theming of Skipper Canteen (4:55pm reservation); I don’t think I had to wait long before I was called to be seated. I picked the Fall’s Family Falafel’s and they were nice but quite filling and I could have done with something else to eat with them but they were a starter. I was going to get a dessert but I just didn’t feel like it and I wasn’t sure if the options were vegetarian and I just didn’t ask. I have a shy side and so I just didn’t feel like asking and explaining.

37997956316_774017c62c.jpg
38050963191_75332a68aa_n.jpg

My plan for the trip was to have my Tsum Tsum Remy review all my food so I took photos with him outside but I can't find my Skipper Canteen one.

As I left I was able to catch the Move It, Shake It, Play It Dance Party, this was good fun but as I was an adult I couldn’t get closer to the characters and I just really wanted a selfie with Judy Hopps or at least to be closer to get her dancing behind me. I have one but my phone steamed up a bit. I then went off to Monsters Inc. Laughter Floor and that was fun as usual. Sadly they picked a lady in the audience who didn’t speak English well so it became even funnier, she was laughing too so hopefully she was having fun.

26275582189_2451848d11_n.jpg

Got a wave from Genie well I like to think that was to me. :rotfl:

I headed over to Aloha Isle to grab my first ever Dole Whip, I didn’t get one on my first trip and I still forgot to try the Vanilla one (as far as I’ve read Vanilla is not vegan but no idea about if it is not vegetarian). I enjoyed it but I found the portion was just too much, it was melting before I had a few mouthfuls and I could never eat it that quickly.

I came out and found something to snack on and to get a drink and then sat myself down to the right of the Partner statue ready for the fireworks, after a while I got chatting to some of the other guests around me. I was sat down around 7:45pm and ready for the 9pm fireworks.

26275572199_088f24e418.jpg

I think this was either around 7pm because I came back and it had gotten a bit busier so I decided to camp out.

I loved Happily Ever After, I only saw Wishes once so I have no connection or attachment really to it so for me this was a great change. I was able to get photos and to film it so I could show my family back home. I then stayed to watch the Once Upon A Time at 9:45pm. I played a bit of the Sorcerers Kingdom and then waited for the first Kiss Goodnight and made my way out of the park, very happy to be back.

26275562139_fbb0787cba.jpg

I managed to get some time to do some shopping as well, for the most part I was window shopping, I did that a lot this trip.

Last edited:

Great start!

We flew out, from Gatwick North Terminal on the 17th of September on the 1:40 flight too I think!!! It landed a bit early (which for Virgin is always a surprise) which was good.

With dogs now being allowed at some resorts I wouldn't be surprised if they moved away from the grubby hotel carpets. My socks are always filthy after a couple of days of walking about.

Magic Kingdom is always the best first park I think. We did our one and only HS day on our first afternoon and didn't see the castle until our second day.

Looking forward to more :)

I’m Bex from England. I’m a big Disney fan, love rollercoaster’s too. I’m also a vegetarian. I have a bunch of favourite characters but Thumper and Miss Bunny are two of my main favourites
b856c01ff50020775567d7db4c1d510169da2a00_hq.gif

Hi Bex I'm following along and as you can tell I'm a big fan of Thumper too.
Sorry to hear about your friend how sad.

Cute pic. Looking forward to reading more.

Great start!

We flew out, from Gatwick North Terminal on the 17th of September on the 1:40 flight too I think!!! It landed a bit early (which for Virgin is always a surprise) which was good.

With dogs now being allowed at some resorts I wouldn't be surprised if they moved away from the grubby hotel carpets. My socks are always filthy after a couple of days of walking about.

Magic Kingdom is always the best first park I think. We did our one and only HS day on our first afternoon and didn't see the castle until our second day.

Looking forward to more :)

Oooh that's cool if we were on the same one, I got lost on what time was our planned arrival time and what the actual time was.

I hope they do, my socks were as well, I actually end up getting some more to wear in bed and after my shower I switched to my flip flops to get my feet off the floor.

I did MK first last time and we took the boat which was pretty special. It was listed as a red park/busiest park on that day so I was expecting it to be bad but I really wanted that first day to be an MK day.

b856c01ff50020775567d7db4c1d510169da2a00_hq.gif

Hi Bex I'm following along and as you can tell I'm a big fan of Thumper too.
Sorry to hear about your friend how sad.

Cute pic. Looking forward to reading more.

Awh, that is such a cute gif of him :love:

Thank you, I was worried how well I'd cope on the trip but I was so busy I didn't get to dwell on it too much.

Thanks for following hopefully it'll be entertaining enough :)

Tuesday 19th September

"Hi ho hi ho it's back to the Magic Kingdom I go"

Early Morning Magic day

So I ended up getting to MK later than I wanted to, it was closer to 8am not 7:45am so I was a little annoyed at myself. My feet were aching a little from the day before; I changed my sandals over to see if that would help. I was surprised because they are walking sandals that I have walked in all day before and had no problems.

As I walked up Main Street I wasn’t sure where I could go through to get to the event but I saw on the left of the castle with that pathway that leads to Fantasyland and I saw CM’s handing out wristbands and checking magic bands on tablets. I headed over there and that’s where I needed to be.

24198544878_f44d638c75_m.jpg

The wristband for that morning

I went straight to Seven Dwarves Mine Train and went on it four times in a row. I enjoyed the ride but I don’t think I’d enjoy waiting more than 30mins for it. I was glad to get this time because I was able to film a little and enjoy the ride and I have multiple photos and ride videos for it which are cool. Still couldn’t think of a cool reaction to the photo/videos though.

24198533108_0444feda83_n.jpg

Next I decided to go on Peter Pan and I did that twice, as it was quite I tried to see if I could capture flying over London on video and then with photo (without flash) but didn’t pick up well. I then went over to Pooh and rode that once. I had plans for opening so I decided to have my breakfast at around 8:40am. Nice selection of items on the buffet, tried my first ever piece of French Toast, not bad.

37341542394_de47613591_m.jpg
Peter Pan when it was little quiet

38019711252_e5105bd1df_m.jpg
Breakfast

I headed over to the Merdia meet but I was not first, more about 10 to 15 people in, I thought that wasn’t too bad. As lovely as it was to meet her, she did take her time meeting guests so even though I wasn’t far back in the line it took a while to meet her. I also got an odd pose and I feel like you can kind of see it in my face, why am I making bear ears….I want a nice picture :rotfl:

26273135579_f12cc87cd4_n.jpg

My next stop was over to Aladdin and Jasmine and as I went to join the crew I saw the family behind Magical Moments on Youtube getting their photo taken, I didn’t say hello because they were just meeting the characters and also they were having a nice family moment. Sadly they were my only Youtube vlogger spot on the trip even though a bunch of the ones I watch where about in the parks when I was there.

37995734316_c44cd5c735_n.jpg

I headed back on to Big Thunder Mountain; I actually cannot remember if I missed this FP or whether I did ride it again.

My next FP was for Tomorrow land Speedway. It’s Autopia in Paris (and Anahiem but I didn’t ride it their either) but for both family trips ’95 and ’02 it was not working and the line during the 2 day trip with the school one summer the line was way too long. I was glad to have a go on it but I found the steering to be really tricky and it would defiantly benefit from being turned into electric or something like that, the smell was a little over powering and I felt like I would start coughing if I was to stand around in that area for any longer. (I don’t have Asthma but I can’t stand near smokers). :drive:

38019699482_d824b48ba7_m.jpg

My next stop was the People Mover because I did not do that on my last trip, as a group we didn’t see the point of the ride and the line was long when we saw it. I enjoyed it though, was a welcome rest ride. I had a FP for Space Ranger Spin and that was fun, did not do well score wise. I was aiming to use a 4th FP to meet Ariel but I was having no luck but I could get another FP for Space Ranger Spin so I headed to get some lunch at Cosmic Ray’s first. It was cute, didn’t think much of the falafel burger but I would still go there to eat. I got myself a BB8 cup because the stall that sold them was shut so I was happy to get that, it was my only plastic cup I purchased on the trip. All the kids were looking at me so I felt super cool.

I ended up in the Merchant of Venus and was looking at those photos that you can get added/turned into – Star Wars characters etc. The CM asked if I wanted to have a go and I picked the Rey one, I did the picture had a look, laughed said it looked cool and the next thing I know they had printed it and I was heading over to pay for it. I had heard some of the green screen things came free with the memory maker and I wasn’t sure with this one, I probably could have argued that technically I hadn’t actually said I wanted to buy it but I was just a little thrown. I had it sent to the hotel and called that quite an expensive mistake, not a true holiday and less you waste money on something. (Just wish it hadn’t cost $30).

Anyone else bought something on holiday/vacation and got home and questioned why you bought it?

Second attempt at Space Ranger Spin…I did way worse the second time around and I was looking at tips.

I should be getting ready to leave but I decided to get a ride on the Railroad. I headed down Main Street, caught the Main Street Philharmonic up at the hub(I saw them at least once more on the trip and it was at the same point in their set, right at the end with a Frozen song) and then I saw the Fire Chief but only got a picture of his back as he was talking to someone when I walked past and I wanted to keep moving and went into the Emporium to walk the rest of the way down, quick browse as I went through trying to cool off and saw the Ladies of Main Street chatting to guests inside.

I did the entire loop and got on and off at Main Street rail road station. I picked up a 2017 pressed Quarter (I got loads of pennies last time around so I just picked up pennies at place I didn’t do this time around). I felt there was not much to look at but a lot of hurricane damaged trees but was a nice ride to do.

24199551738_acae793178_m.jpg

As I left the park I turned left and walked up the path to the Contemporary, I got there just after 2pm. It wasn’t a bad walk but my feet were hurting and it was hot, saw a lizard on the pavement/sidewalk. It would be a nice walk in the morning/evening. I had to wait about 10 minutes or so and then I picked up a bus to Disney Springs.

I made it through Disney Springs to the Lynx bus stop; I didn’t stop for water other than what I had on me, not sure if that was a good idea. I had no idea how their time table was working because it was just non digital boards. (I’m too used to digital live tracking of buses, my local bus has that and an app you can track and same for London buses). Eventually it arrived, it was a nice bus though clean and cool but it was taking too long. I needed to get off at Sea World and I got off a stop that was kind of called that but I really needed one further up the road. So I had to walk up to try and find my I-ride Trolley bus stop, I had already prepaid for a day pass.

This seemed to take forever to arrive because as I was walking up the road I missed one but eventually I got on a relatively empty bus and headed to Premium Outlets Vineland. I went straight to the Character Locator and then got myself a Subway. Why do they not offer the cool original/ranch blue packet Doritos like anywhere? I just could find cheese. (I went to one of my local Subways yesterday and they only have cheese too, noooooooo)

I may have gotten the Subway first, I don’t remember.

I picked up one of those parade cushions that looks like will be there forever at $1.99, Four Park Colouring Book that I picked up last time I was there 6 years ago for $1.99, a Mini Tsum Tsum Jungle Cruise Skipper and Tiki God at 99c each. I picked up some Christmas decorations the Fabric Thumper that I had seen last year online and hoped I would find $2.99 instead of like $15 and I got the Bambi one for the same price for a friend. I got a hitch hiking ghost ornament for $5.99 and the Nightmare Before Xmas wreath for $5.99 – since coming home that has gone up on Disneystore.co.uk for £17.00. Altogether with tax $25.48, not bad, I did see a few other bits but they weren’t my size and as much as I wanted Han Solo leggings, was I really going to wear them? They were not super cheap so I left them there.

I left Vineland for I-drive 360 talking to some Scottish sisters on the way, they did a lot of shopping but most of the outlet stores are things I’m not into so I skip passed them.

I said my goodbyes and headed over to go and do the attractions at I-drive 360. I had already preordered my 3 event ticket and the Eye was up and running after the hurricane latterly a day or two before.

37998470596_c67c5044eb_n.jpg

First up was Madame Tussuad’s. I used my mini tripod as selfie stick but I just couldn’t get myself and the wax works into the picture nicely. I have to say doing MT on your own, not so much fun. I skipped through a bunch of them because I didn’t know who they were, took a lot with silly faces. My main goal here was a photo with Jimmy Fallon – because of where he sat I just settled for a picture of him. Maybe I should have stood in front of his desk. Also Walt is there so I had to get that, I took about 20 photos and got one alright one and moved on. They did offer to take my photo but I wasn’t interested in buying any, much more fun with a friend. I then picked up a souvenir postcard in the gift shop which I later used to send to my friend as I didn’t buy enough.

38051219481_bf05e7012e_m.jpg
37341854554_347883c944_m.jpg

I walked across the building the Sea Life Aquarium, I skipped over this pretty quickly too, trying to make up time for being behind schedule due to the bus trip, I had a lot to fit into today.

After there I went over to the Orlando Eye, by this point it was dark and I wished I had done this one first and the others. I got my bag checked, got in the queue after buying a bottle of coke at the bar and chatting to the lady behind it for a moment. The queue was moving slowly because every group got its own pod which was odd because they were asking us how many in the group and sending us to certain line areas or at least that’s how I think I remember it.

Once inside the capsule I find they stock the cooler with cans of coke so I did not need to buy a drink although by this point the ice is water so I didn’t fancy it. The Orlando Eye is cool but I wished I did it in daylight, could not spot much and thought the screens would show you which part of the window you were looking out, nope just a generic shot unless you moved it along so I spent ages trying to locate where Disney was and I think I could make out the Contemporary. :confused3

By this point it’s gone 8pm and I’m waaay behind schedule. I stop in the Walgreens and get my cheap postcards because I refuse to spend more than $1 on a postcard Disney. I got a new TSA padlock for my suitcase because one of them stopped working and some Epsom salts to soak my feet as recommended by DIS’ers due to my sore feet, changing sandals was not helping. I picked up some gel foot pads for the balls of my feet to put into the sandals as well. Sadly all I could get was a 1kg bag of the Epsom salts so that was a pain to carry for the rest of the night.

I got another I-drive trolley after eating my Subway that I had picked up earlier and had not stopped to eat. I think I ate the crisps/chips beforehand though. I went to the Character Warehouse on International Drive Premium Outlets and I got a Pele Ablaze postcard for $1.99, a Minnie and Mickey photo holder for my Aunt for $4.99 each and another colouring book as they were going to be for my friends little girls. Total spend of $14.87 again not bad. :smooth:

I struggled to find the Forever 21 and had to ask directions, they did not sign post it well. I eventually got in the store and had a quick look around and bought some socks. I didn’t see anything that stood out and I can always shop in my London store.

I then tried my best to get back to the bus stop to get the last bus of the night back down to the other outlets where I planned to get a taxi to Disney Springs which in theory would have been cheaper. Sadly I couldn’t find the bus stop and I asked directions and the woman told me to go out on to I-drive I started to walk out but had no idea where I was going so turned back around and begrudgingly got a taxi. (Don’t use Uber or anything like that). With a tip for the driver it cost me $35, ouch. I asked for a rough fair estimate and I said ok and explained I only had a certain amount of money and he took me onto a new road and tried to get me there the most cost effective way which I appreciated. He was thankful of the tip, maybe I tipped to much in the end (can’t remember what I tipped). On the way to Disney Springs we past the last bus, that was infuriating.:headache:

So I make it to Disney Springs, my feet hurt, I’m tired it’s almost 11pm and I was meant to head to Trader Sam’s, nope, not happening. I ask the lady in the Coca-Cola Store when I can meet the bear time wise as she was closing up I think she was happy it was a random question and not can I just come in to by this etc.

I get a bus back to the hotel at Disney Springs and get back to my hotel and soak my feet for a moment and prep for the next morning.

Last edited:
Wednesday 20th September “I’m late, I’m ate for a very important date”

So this morning I have a reservation at Trattoria al Forno for the Bon Voyage Breakfast at the Boardwalk. My reservation was for 8:05am.

I’m at my resort bus stop at around 7:15am waiting for a bus to get to Hollywood Studios and then I plan walk around to the Boardwalk. I noticed at the time for the bus was 7:15am but there was no bus at the bus stop. I waited for a few minutes and then asked at the front desk when the next bus was and they told me that if it was still on the screen then it would be along soon, they don’t come up on the screen. I wait a bit longer, find another couple also waiting on a HS bus and then I tried to go back and ask at the front desk but there was a queue of people. I started to get anxious as I just wanted to get going, I wished I had just organised a taxi. The bus finally shows and I run up to jump on, the other couple are glad to see I made it back to the stop in time (had to be the one furthest from the door) and its now 7:48am. I’m worried I’m not going to make the reservation in time, especially with my feet aching as they did. The soles of my feet had rubbed on my sandals on that first day and I had not found a way to ease the discomfort.

We finally get to HS and jump off the bus and head straight to a CM to ask the route to walk the Boardwalk. He tells me I should just get the Friendship boat and with my feet hurting I decided to give this a try. So the boat didn’t turn up until 8:00am, at this point I’ve admitted defeat and know I’ll be late, I wish there was a way of letting them know so they don’t put you down as missed reservation.

The boat ride is nice but I just wanted to get to my reservation. We stopped at Swan and Dolphin and then the Yacht Club and then finally at the boardwalk. I got there at almost 8:30am and they were able to get me into the next sitting. I was so thankful although this put my schedule for the day back.

So I was seated up the other end to where you walk in and offered coffee or OJ. I don’t drink coffee so I took orange juice, forgetting that in the US orange juice with bits/pulp is the norm and I only drink smooth orange juice so I ended up not really drinking anything. It was cooler in here so I used my cover up, I ended up replying on it for a lot of the character meals because I got cold in the air con but not really anywhere else. I did have a couple more but I realised I forgot to pack them.

I was brought the pastries in a frying pan and I tried the Rapunzel sun which was nice, I didn’t really fancy any of the others and the family next to me didn’t want any either when I offered when leaving so a bit of a waste. The next bit was the fruit which before was a choice of two dishes but is now just the bowl of fruit (unless this was just a one off) I kept the little sword that it came with but I didn’t touch the fruit. I ordered the tower of pancakes minus the bacon and sausage and asked for maple syrup (I had meant instead of the fruit compote but I got both). The pancakes tasted great but I couldn’t finish them.

37341515134_93f9b1b5c7_n.jpg
26274539509_631816dbde_n.jpg
38050832381_8edb981540_n.jpg

As I was about to eat the pancakes the characters started making their way in, first was Rapunzel she was great and luckily the lady on the table next to me offered to take the photos for me. Then Flynn came around and I tried to do my best smoulder, I need to work on that!

38018533542_e04f909953_n.jpg
38049781351_13155917cc_n.jpg
37996098886_d2e88d0200_n.jpg
38049747171_901c38767a_n.jpg

Then Ariel did the parade with the children and Rapunzel and Flynn stood to the side and where dancing along which was fun to watch. Whilst this was happening I made a start on my pancakes.

I was eating a big mouthful of pancake and then Prince Eric turned up so well timed so I let him do the talking whilst I tried to finish that mouthful as quick as I could. Then we took a photos (swoon).

Not long after Ariel turned up so I was able to meet them within a pretty good time, I know I spoke to all four of them but I can’t remember what we talked about now which is a shame.

Using the date info on my phone (sadly its converts back to UK time so I think I have the correct hour).

I got seated at around 9am and my pastries came at 9:06am

9:10am fruit

9:15am pancakes

9:16am Rapunzel photo

9:18am Flynn Rider photo

9:25am took a picture of them dancing but its blurred.

9:30am Prince Eric photo

9:32am Ariel photo

I requested the bill and then paid up and made my way out.

Blizzard Beach was my next stop, I think I must have gotten the bus from the Beach club but I can’t actually remember. I’m almost an hour behind schedule now; I planned to be in the park on or around opening. Luckily it was not that busy. My first ride was Summit Plummet, I had been too scared to go on it last time I was here and I had the urge to conquer it. As I got to the top and sat on the slide though part of me wanted to get up and run away. The queue was not too long and next thing I know I’m hurtling down the slide, the force was so great that it pushed my leg off of my other one (you’re supposed to keep your legs crossed by your feet) and I hit the side of the slide slightly. As I got up, my butt hurt and the side of my leg, and I was wearing a swim suit and shorts and I had to head back to near the lockers to readjust because it gives you quite a wedgie! I looked up at the digital display; I went down at 40mph.

So great achievement but that was a one and done for me. I had planned on doing the Slush Gusher but I’d had my fill of fast slides and I had watched vloggers say it was bumpy and I didn’t need any more injuries. Next I went for the Toboggan Racers and then the Storm Slides. I did both of these twice with almost no wait at all, I seemed to get more water in the face on both of these this time from what I remembered before, not my favourite thing.

I can’t actually swim and I don’t love water in my eyes on face too much so as I wasn’t having to please anyone else I called it a day on slides and went to grab my Polaroid Cube Plus in a waterproof case so I could capture a bit the Cross Country Creek lazy river and relax before lunch.

First I went on the Ski Lift and decided to film that. I got on pretty quickly due to the single rider queue and was added to two men on the lift, it was a bit of a squeeze especially as when the bar came down there was a metal bit underneath, almost like a divider that was digging into my leg, I managed to move to get a bit more comfortable bit it wasn’t pleasant.

I headed back down the mountain and grabbed a ring for the Cross Country Creek, I was having trouble getting into the ring…..I think the last time I was in water was 6 years ago on my last trip to Disney so I’m out of practise, remember I don’t love water in my face or eyes? Well I sat in the ring only to overturn it and fall backwards into the water and taking in water too. Ugh, I sort myself out and end up sat on one end of the ring and try to relax.

I was time conscious so I ended up kicking the water in the ring to get around quicker, as you can tell; I’m going to be terrible at taking advantage of the more relaxing aspects of the trip.

I get out shower and dressed, I took the resort H20 toilettes with me to wash my hair as I didn’t know about the stuff they provide, their small size came in really handy. I ordered a veggie burrito at Lottawotta Lodge; I was impressed they had a vegetarian and a vegan menu on the display board. I asked for a Coke and then said could I change my mind and get a Sprite, the CM said yes but the system decided not to take that off the order so I had to go back and get that sorted, the manager let me keep both drinks but I only nearly finished one I wasn’t going to be sitting around for long. Thinking about it in hind side I should have ditched the warm water in my water bottle (yuk) and put the other drink in there (I can deal with warm soda drinks) no idea why I didn’t do that. Anyway found a great seat and sat down to my wrap, I knew it had sweet corn in which I dislike so I was opening it out to pick it out when I realised I had been given a chicken wrap, thank goodness I hadn’t bitten into it!

This is where going solo sucks, I had to fold up all the swimwear items I had laid out to dry and collect my bag and things together so I could take myself back to the counter to get it sorted, the CM got me another one and I opened it to check, all good but by the time I go back to my seat, it was taken so I had to go into a fully shaded seat so the sun was not going to be drying my things.

That wrap was nice but I think they put a tin of sweetcorn in there; I’ve never had to pick so much of it out before. I think I also asked for fries and they gave me chips as the side but I forgot about that until I sat down and was not going back, they were stale too.

I leave Blizzard Beach at 2:56pm about an hour behind when I planned to leave, my next destination is Hollywood Studios and I have some FP times soon so we shall see how that goes.

I get the bus to somewhere…I must have gone to a resort because I couldn’t get to a park from Disney Springs….my pictures are not helping me….hmmm anyway somehow I end up on a bus to Hollywood Studios, turns out it was just me on the bus so I talk to the driver for a bit and then have to do a bit of a walk to the Studios.

I forgot to mention, I planned to meet Buzz and Woody tonight so I wore my Woody Van’s. They helped my feet except they rubbed the back of my ankles which was such as shame, my Vans normally can be worn without breaking in at all and these ones seemed to be higher at the back and rubbed I had plasters but it kept pushing the plaster out of the way. I put my swim stuff in a locker because I was not going to carry that around on top of my things as they were in a second bag – I was aiming to get the Disney backpack on the offer but I couldn’t get enough items in the same gift shop to cover the $40 to qualify – it said no returns.

So I get to HS just before 4pm, I had to let my Star Tours FP go and head straight to my dining reservation. Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood and Vine. I check in and I’m sat on the porch like ahead with a bunch of other families and I felt like I was waiting a while but my first photo inside is 4:06pm so wasn’t so bad.

You meet Minnie as you go in and get your photo, when its busy they give you something to go back later when the crowd is lower so I do this near to when I’m leaving because I wanted her autograph as well. The server was lovely and got me a coke and explained about going up for food, she also told me they were a bit of a distance away so now would be a good time to get food.

37995726196_54dc47effd_n.jpg

Sadly the best picture of me is a bit blurry.

I headed up and tried my best to find some things I wanted to eat, I really should have just had a snack at BB, I ended up with the smallest plate and I didn’t go back for anymore. What I had I liked though, I could have done with a little more of the risotto I think it was. First to come and meet me was Goofy, we got a great selfie and he signed my autograph book.
38050813751_a0dc84276c_m.jpg

24196025788_55bff1fe82_n.jpg
37340410194_cd3f689b0b_n.jpg
38018477212_49c5c26a22_n.jpg
37340391514_b73487d088_n.jpg

<Last trip we basically didn’t meet any characters except Frontierland Donald (we came across him with no line as we were heading to BTM) Woody and Jessie in MK, Thumper and Miss Bunny in AK (so glad I got that but sad I didn’t get a picture next to Thumper although I have one of him and me hugging and I didn’t get their autographs) and Stitch at Typhoon Lagoon, everyone else was in the water and I came across him without a line.>

Daisy was next and the character CM was there to take the photo for me, she said she would take the others I just had to get her if she wasn’t there or something like that. I have to say she was one of the best for characters, making sure everyone had met them all and within a good time, that CM and her team did a great job.

Mickey was right behind; I can’t remember all the character interactions because there was a lot on this trip but it was always good with Mickey.

At this point I’ve finished my meal, I think I even paid and I’m waiting on Donald, I’ve been offered another drink so I took that and the character CM is getting a bit cross with Donald because he’s causing trouble with the timing, not sure if he missed people or took a break or what but it was running to plan.

Finally after a gap of 26 minutes! Donald arrives and I get a picture and autograph, I couldn’t be made he had the best costume and I told him. Still everyone recommends 90mins for character meals and I did this in just over an hour but I would never plan less it’s just a bonus if you get done before.

4:06pm sat down

4:19pm got a plate of food

4:34pm Goofy

4:42pm Daisy

4:43pm Mickey

5:09pm Donald

My next FP was Toy Story Mania but it had gone down so I changed it to Star Tours, it was my favourite ride as a kid so I have to ride it a bunch of times.

I must have had time to pass because I didn’t do Star Tours straight way I rode it at 6pm, I have a picture in one of the shops so I must of just wandered for a bit and then walked over to Star Tours.

By 6:30pm I’m getting ready to line up for Buzz and Woody just needed to grab drink because the queue was about 40mins I think. I knew it was going to be a while as it wasn’t the best time to meet them but I was not going to wear my Van’s another day. This meet was fun, Woody danced with me and the CM did take a photo but it was sadly super blurry.

26273113309_21f441bea8_n.jpg
26273105479_841a1e5bda_n.jpg
I had to show off the Andy on the bottom of my shoe.

I am not sure how long it took but I have a photo in a gift shop by the boulevard at 7:25pm so must have been more like an hour. I remember some of the people inside being not too happy but it’s a popular meet, could be worse. Having finished there I think I still had enough drink so I headed to Fantasmic! As I got a ticket with my dining. I had seen the show last time but I had a view at the very back this time I was going to be facing the centre. I did have a FP for ToT but I had to let that go too. This put me back two rides on my ride list at HS and would throw off my plan on my full HS slightly.

As I was going down one of the rows I saw that I could get a space in front on an almost empty rose to I stepped down, not realising how big the gap was I almost fell down, I hit my leg and gave myself a bruise.

Enjoyed the show again it was fun; the crowd leaving was huge so I waited on the seats until it had calmed down a bit. I headed on the bus back to the resort, an even early morning tomorrow so got to get some sleep. I got back around 10:30pm and I think by the time I prepped for the next day I think I was asleep before midnight, yay.

37996204716_3e1eeffdfe_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Rebecca, my full first name.
24199715518_e6597c62a9.jpg

I was only out of work for two weeks before I found some Christmas employment and they liked me so they kept me on and gave me more hours and a pay rise. I don’t earn enough to move out but I worked out I could just about manage Disney World so in January I booked it. My second trip and my first solo trip, 14 nights.

(I have done a solo flight back from LA and I did a 6 night solo trip to New York a few summers back so solo is not a new thing to do but 14 nights on my own is).

WOW! I mean WOW!!! popcorn::

“Every turn I take, every trail I track, every path I make, every road leads back to the place I know where I cannot go, where I long to be…”

After two sessions, my back and neck were back to somewhat normal and I was given the all clear for the rides. Just told so see if I could get a massage before I go home. I was tense all down my left side including my foot!

Dearest what was the actual diagnosis and what type of Sessions where they?

September 17th
"Tell everybody I'm on my way, new friends and new places to see, with blue skies ahead yes. I'm on my way and there's nowhere else that I'd rather be."

I landed at 5:24pm and left the plane and headed to security, did the digital passport check on the machine and then headed over to the guy at the desk. (I feel like this doesn’t speed up the process much). The guy at the desk was surprised that I was going for 14 nights and wasn’t meeting anyone. He was much nicer than some I have met and he kind of reminded me of Russell Crowe.

Headed over to pick up my suitcases and was one of the first lot to get them, so I grab them and leave the crowd to head down a walkway where it’s just me and I feel like I’m going in the wrong way. One of my suitcases gets stuck on the join in the floor (I have two suitcases, a hand luggage bag and a mini back pack on). An airport employee helps me up to the escalator and I jump on the non-Disney monorail. I had trouble navigating the airport and found a lift/elevator to get to the correct floor. Sadly I was up the other end of the long stretch that leads to the Disney Magical Express.

Umm Russell Crowe! Quick question, Disney does not offer yellow baggage tickets? We opt not to use them so we take care of our own luggage.

Monday 18th September

“I just can’t wait to be….at the Magic Kingdom”

26273144719_461daca696_n.jpg

I'm here!!

I got some photos taken in Town Sqaure not sure if I went there before or after the vehicle ride.

24196205298_3d9a05075f_n.jpg

There you are!!! Lovely to see you Bex! You're a cutie!

Tuesday 19th September

"Hi ho hi ho it's back to the Magic Kingdom I go"

This was a very long day indeed! You accomplished so much! I hope soaking your feet helped, just reading through and my feet feel sore too.

Wednesday 20th September “I’m late, I’m ate for a very important date”

Enjoyed the show again it was fun; the crowd leaving was huge so I waited on the seats until it had calmed down a bit. I headed on the bus back to the resort, an even early morning tomorrow so got to get some sleep. I got back around 10:30pm and I think by the time I prepped for the next day I think I was asleep before midnight, yay.

37996204716_3e1eeffdfe_n.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bruise. I loved this show it was changed about two years ago. Much brighter and could see the details more.

Lovely report thoroughly enjoying your photos and LOVE you added times! Thanks Bex!

The soles of my feet had rubbed on my sandals on that first day and I had not found a way to ease the discomfort.

I always carry mole skin in my park bag (already cut) and ready to put over the "hot spots" or blisters that already formed. It really helps ease the pain.

I am enjoying reading your trip report so far, so much detail. Looking forward to more!

I always carry mole skin in my park bag (already cut) and ready to put over the "hot spots" or blisters that already formed. It really helps ease the pain.

I am enjoying reading your trip report so far, so much detail. Looking forward to more!

Me too! I'm ready for more popcorn::

Dearest what was the actual diagnosis and what type of Sessions where they?

I don't recall what she said I had but it was muscle based. Just need to get a massage every once in a while. She was an Osteopath I think. I havn't had any trouble since.

Umm Russell Crowe! Quick question, Disney does not offer yellow baggage tickets? We opt not to use them so we take care of our own luggage.

They do but not for international guests or at least I didn't them. It was ok though because I wanted to get my things and be ready that evening.

There you are!!! Lovely to see you Bex! You're a cutie!

Awh thank you

This was a very long day indeed! You accomplished so much! I hope soaking your feet helped, just reading through and my feet feel sore too.

Haha, it did help to ease it. Swapping to my new Minnie slip on pumps helped.

Sorry to hear about your bruise. I loved this show it was changed about two years ago. Much brighter and could see the details more.

It just looked worse for a day or so. Ah cool, last time I saw it was 6 years ago so I didn't notice the change but good to see more details.

Lovely report thoroughly enjoying your photos and LOVE you added times! Thanks Bex!

Thanks and I figured it would come in handy to help give people an idea of character meal and things.

I did have moleskin but it ended being a bit sticky (on my sandal and then got onto my foot). The hotel room carpet stuck to my foot. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!