My Journey....Revisited (comments welcome)

Another sporadic update. I completed my second full marathon this past weekend. This one felt like I actually accomplished something though. I finished this one under 4 hours and felt good afterwards. I was able to maintain a very strong pace (around 8:30mm) through 20 miles or so until I started battling some cramping and then ran into a buddy who was fighting some cramping as well. We pushed each other through the final 10k and were able to finish in 3:58. My top goal was to finish in under 3:45 and my secondary goal was to break 4 hours. I'm glad to have it in the books and I'm already looking forward to my 4 mile run tomorrow morning.

First update in a year...wow. I really took some time off updating this. lol. A lot has changed in my life in the past 12 months. We moved about 30 minutes away from where we lived before. My family sold our company and now work in the same business, but for someone else. My wife and I are in the process of adopting 4 little boys. It's been a wild year to say the least. On the running front, I am still running often, but not quite as far. I tallied 100 more miles in 2014 than in 2013 and I was getting a little burned out by the end of the year. I took some time off and decided to rethink my running. I came back with a renewed love for running and my paces are better and my endurance has seen very little effect. As a matter of fact, I just PR'd my first half since the WDW Half '14. I ran the Snickers Half Marathon in Albany, GA in 1:46.23 (8:07mm) which was about 4 minutes faster than the WDW Half the previous year; however I made 5 pic stops at that race so it's not exactly apples to apples. Either way, I'm happy with my running and couldn't be happier in my life. Just wanted to share a quick update if there's anyone out there who cares. Oh yeah, and I've done ok on keeping the weight off. I put on a few pounds over the holidays (which was also during my running break), but I'm only 10 pounds or so from my lowest weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!