My Journey to the 2016 WDW Marathon (comments welcome) Updated 11/10

Congrats on the race - even though it wasn't a PR, that's still a great time!
It's pretty cool that you ran a half marathon exactly a year after your first half - I don't know if you planned it on purpose, but that's a nice way to commemorate a year of progress!

Sounds like you had a good run. The bathroom stop may have cost you the PR, but the late start is the cause of that. Looks like a cool event and good luck with the remaining training schedule.

Congrats on the race - even though it wasn't a PR, that's still a great time!
It's pretty cool that you ran a half marathon exactly a year after your first half - I don't know if you planned it on purpose, but that's a nice way to commemorate a year of progress!

since I didn't really go in with the idea of shooting for a pr I wasn't at all devastated when it didn't happen I was more surprised that I was actually that close. And it wasn't exactly a year (missed it by 1 day) and it was totally accidental I didn't even realize until I looked at my timehop and saw the pics from the previous year

Sounds like you had a good run. The bathroom stop may have cost you the PR, but the late start is the cause of that. Looks like a cool event and good luck with the remaining training schedule.

It was a good run and I was very happy with it, there was a lot more than the bathroom break that went into the non pr, my training has been focused on the marathon and thus ive been running slower paces for the most part in training and therefor my body really wasn't used to pushing it that hard for that far, I mostly scheduled these races to keep me motivated and give me small steps to look forward on my training journey

ill have an update up on the past weeks training in the next day or two, things didn't go exactly to plan but I still had a good week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts