My Minnie WISH Journal (comments welcome)

BrightKate

Earning My Ears
MinnieMouseTitle_zpspofzwitc.jpg
MinnieMouseTitle_zpspofzwitc.jpg

Greetings! My name is Kate and this is my first journal. My boyfriend and I will be going on our first trip together to Walt Disney World this May. I have been to Walt Disney World several times solo, but this will be my boyfriend's first visit. I am creating this journal because I'm trying to get my weight and health back on track. Things have been very difficult and stressful for me this past year. My father passed away almost a year ago, and I have been trying to settle his estate with my sister. Unfortunately, my relationship with my sister is very strained.

I am setting the following goals:
  1. I'd like to exercise at least 20-30 minutes each day.
  2. I'd like to eat healthier. At this point, I'd like to swap a candy bar for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a piece of fruit. I realize I could modify the peanut butter and jelly sandwich into something healthier, but I'm not at that point.
  3. I want to take proper care of myself each day. It's really embarrassing, but I haven't been doing normal things, like brushing my teeth and washing my face, on a regular basis. I wasn't always like this, but after my father's death, I sort of gave up.
  4. I'd like to clean or get rid of something each day. In addition to not taking care of myself, I've also turned into a slob.

We leave for Disney on May 14th so I have
46 days!!!! :banana:

Thank goodness for SPANX. I had an interview on Tuesday. A month ago I was able to fit into my suit so I didn't think I'd have a problem wearing it for my interview on Tuesday. So wrong. I'm so lucky I remembered I had a pair of SPANX.

So it's been two weeks. I was able to run/walk the first week, but this week I was completely unsuccessful. This week was crazy busy, BUT I was able to fill a garbage bag full of clothes to be donated. I'm really happy with my cleaning progress. I ordered a copy of "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kundo. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

I'm trying to find some healthy snack ideas beyond the usual suggestions. I did, however, discover Zucchini noodles, which I love.

This week I hope to go back to run/walking. I'm definitely going to keep cleaning.

No weight lost as of yet, but getting rid of a lot of stuff has taken a lot of weight off my shoulders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!