My plan for WDW

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
Well gang,

With only 26 days left to go before I fly off into the sky for my up and coming visit to Orlando I’ve had to approach this plan so differently from before:

Firstly I’m going with someone new (my Disney Pal - DP) so I’ve been careful not to do things the way I used to do them but try new ideas. Secondly, this will be my first time staying on site, so with the Ultimate Hopper its meant that I don’t have to do one park a day from dawn until late at night, which is a bit of a result.

I’ve ruled Universal out this trip – I’m already planning to come back in December and then twice next year (can you see how DVC would be worth it? ;) ) But Sea World makes a welcome comeback as I haven’t been since 2000.

As far as the dining is concerned – well how weird is it not to be planning what restaurants on I-Drive to go to. I’m going to miss The Olive Garden but they do have one of these fast Olive Garden places at Florida Mall (you see it’s all in the planning :) ).

So what do you think to this, comments welcome……:

Saturday 4th – Fly in – Dinner at Beaches and Cream perhaps! After a quick swim in Stormalong Bay then it’s off to Magic Kingdom to watch Spectromagic (fingers crossed).

Sunday 5th – Magic Kingdom for the day although we won’t be staying too late. Dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and then off around The Boardwalk to hit the cocktails.

Monday 6th – Cape May Café character Breakkie then off to Sea World for the day. E-Ride night at Magic Kingdom with dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

Tuesday 7th – Off to the Animal Kingdom for half a day then on to Disney MGM. This was a quite a hard decision to make. But when we looked at the attractions that we wanted to do we realized that we really didn’t need a whole day at both and MGM is open late and we’re not doing Fantasmic so we can ride whilst others are staking out there seats! Dinner – Narcoossees or Spoodles or neither!!!

Wednesday 8th– Breakkie at Yacht Club then off to the shops – Florida Mall is my favourite, then coming back to Disney Market Place for a sundae at Ghiradellis :D – chill out at the pool and then Le Cellier for dinner followed by Illuminations.

Thursday 9th – Back to Epcot for the day, swim then off to Pleasure Island with dinner at Fultons Crab House.

Friday 10th – haven’t really decided apart from taking it easy. Brunch at Chef Mickeys then a bit of resort hopping, back to that pool again and then its back to the Contemporary for dinner at California Grill and watch the fireworks from there.

Saturday 11th – Looking for a nice place to have breakfast (ideas please) then we fly back.

The hard part is thinking up a new original idea to writing trip reports.

Sounds fabulous Sam!! :) - me jealous? Whatever makes you think that!!

I only spent half a day at Animal Kingdom and that was enough for me too.

Some brilliant sounding eating places you've got there, however, have to admit wasn't impressed by Chef Mickeys at all - hope you have a better experience (be a bit boring if we all liked the same things wouldn't it!). Maybe your trip reports should be titled 'how to cram 14 days of eating into 7' - yum yum yum!!! :)

Astrid x

Hi Sam, plan looks great :D except on our first day we only manage to get to our villa then too tired to go anywhere else :earseek:

You mention having a sundae at Ghiradellis :) , we went last June and had the Earthquake which was so good that we plan to go again, but have you tried the "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches & Cream its enormous ( all the flavours of ice cream, all the toppings, and a full can of whipped cream :D ) we didn't need to eat again that day !!!!!

Nikki :)

Looks good to me, Sam.

That's the best of knowin you'll be back soon - you don't have to fit it all in on one trip.

You'll enjoy the added flexibility the UMP gives you and I hope you get to see Spectro on yer first night.

Sam, it sounds perfect. Can I come? ;)

How about trying the breakfast buffet at Boma? Both AKL and the restaurant are stunning and you must try the Fru-unch (fruit juice drink). They also serve proper ground coffee (Kenyan) although you have to pay extra.

Are you flying back from MCO? Since picking up the tip from Simon's book, we always head straight for McCoy's Bar and Grill in the Hyatt Hotel (up the escalator at the east end of level 3) for cocktails. You can either eat in McCoy's itself, or sit in the hotel lobby with drinks (the McCoy's staff will come and take your order). It is so quiet and relaxing. I hate using public toilets, but the beauty here is that they're spotless and I've yet to find another person using them at the same time as me.

Ooo yeah Deb I always go to McCoys since reading Simon's book which luckily I've read from my first time going so it's never been a horrible wait at MCO :D

Bomas for breakkie sounds like a good idea - I think I might give that a shot.

Sounds just about perfect Sam :D

Have a great time and hopefully, those trip reports will be ready and waiting when I get back ;)

Must have missed it in Simons book so thanks for the tip on McCoys!!

Doesn't sound like you'll have much room left for breakfast on your last day Sam with all the delicious meals you have planned Sam.

Ghirardellis is absolutely my most favourite place on earth :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter