My Solo Trip Goals... because I don't have to listen to anyone else!

nat8199

DIS Veteran
In two days I will be arriving for my solo trip long-birthday-weekend. We were just there in March, but I couldn't fit in or talk my family into everything I wanted to do.

So... here are my goals for this trip that I missed last time:

1) Eat in resort restaurants just to see the resorts (AK and Poly)
2) Country Bears
3) Mission Space
4) Tower of Terror
5) Go into EVERY WS pavilion. (My kids were obsessed with China, so we never made it to many others)
6) See the France and Canada movies
7) Sit and read while enjoying a snack I don't have to share or an adult beverage
8) Ride FEA without boys saying they are being tortured
9) Ride the train around MK
10) Get to walk around Pandora and actually look at details
11) Do my best on Buzz without making kids cry
12) Same with TSMM if I can get a FP day of with refresh.

I am sure that I am going to think of more! I am so excited!

Sounds awesome! Have fun!

I'm looking forward to my first "Disney on my terms" trip for many of the same reasons you are. It's funny, I love every Roller Coaster out there but for some reason have psyched myself out about Tower of Terror. This trip come hell or high water I'm doing it.

sounds so amazing!

I particularly laughed about the boys being tortured on FEA :)

Riding the train around MK and just taking it all in also sounds surprisingly amaaaaaazing!

In two days I will be arriving for my solo trip long-birthday-weekend. We were just there in March, but I couldn't fit in or talk my family into everything I wanted to do.

So... here are my goals for this trip that I missed last time:

1) Eat in resort restaurants just to see the resorts (AK and Poly)
2) Country Bears
3) Mission Space
4) Tower of Terror
5) Go into EVERY WS pavilion. (My kids were obsessed with China, so we never made it to many others)
6) See the France and Canada movies
7) Sit and read while enjoying a snack I don't have to share or an adult beverage
8) Ride FEA without boys saying they are being tortured
9) Ride the train around MK
10) Get to walk around Pandora and actually look at details
11) Do my best on Buzz without making kids cry
12) Same with TSMM if I can get a FP day of with refresh.

I am sure that I am going to think of more! I am so excited!

Totally understand number 5. Had the same trouble with mine and Germany and Japan. We did ride the train around MK, though. Here's hoping you have an excellent adventure and meet all your goals! :)

Now you are beginning to see what vacations at WDW will be when you are older and don't have to take the kids. My wife and I have been children free (kids and grandkids) since 2010 and we have never had so much fun in our life. Like your itinerary says, we can do what we want to do.

I love this list! :)

Riding the train around MK is one of my favorite things to do when I need a break, because you can stay on it as long as you want and ride it until you're ready to get going again. I think my record is 4 times around MK without getting off. :upsidedow

Ooh. I love this list. I'll add mine for my August solo trip:

Ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Astro Orbiter, Barnstormer and Liberty Square River Boat - only MK rides I've never ridden.
Rope drop every park day!
Take the time to meet characters and stop for photographers
Enjoy the resort pool, and generally the resort more than I have in the past
Skip what I don't care for - Na'vi River Journey, Tomorrowland Speedway, Beauty and the Beast show, etc.
Prioritize food - good snacks and midday ADRs - instead of just fueling to keep going
Ride BTMRR and Splash as much as humanly possible

On one solo day on my last trip, I took the time to go to the Character Spot at Epcot. The family behind me was super jealous that I had the day to myself. It really motivated me to do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, instead of what I thought I should do. Do I want to sit here in the shade for a few minutes with my water bottle and relax? Do I want to ride BTMRR twice before going anywhere else? Yep. Sure do. So I will.

Love your list. Have done two solo trips and still haven't haven't completed my "goals" yet. Last trip I finally crossed off Grand Marinier slushie, going to Spice Road table, trying a carrot cake cookie (meh) and seeing the movie in Canada.

On my first solo trip I took almost an entire day to just ride the various transportation options; train and People Mover, all the Monorail trips, boats across Bay Lake and Seven Seas and Sassagoula. My GF was fine with that so we did it together, but my trips with the guys... no way! So I'm looking forward to doing that again on mu SeptemberSolo trip.

Ooh. I love this list. I'll add mine for my August solo trip:

Ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Astro Orbiter, Barnstormer and Liberty Square River Boat - only MK rides I've never ridden.
Rope drop every park day!
Take the time to meet characters and stop for photographers
Enjoy the resort pool, and generally the resort more than I have in the past
Skip what I don't care for - Na'vi River Journey, Tomorrowland Speedway, Beauty and the Beast show, etc.
Prioritize food - good snacks and midday ADRs - instead of just fueling to keep going
Ride BTMRR and Splash as much as humanly possible

On one solo day on my last trip, I took the time to go to the Character Spot at Epcot. The family behind me was super jealous that I had the day to myself. It really motivated me to do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, instead of what I thought I should do. Do I want to sit here in the shade for a few minutes with my water bottle and relax? Do I want to ride BTMRR twice before going anywhere else? Yep. Sure do. So I will.
I forgot the Astro orbiter! None of my kids wanted to do it in March. It just moved to the top of my list!

Love your list. Have done two solo trips and still haven't haven't completed my "goals" yet. Last trip I finally crossed off Grand Marinier slushie, going to Spice Road table, trying a carrot cake cookie (meh) and seeing the movie in Canada.

Grand mariner slushee and spice road are newly on my list. I am going to try for those on Friday for my birthday. The menu at spice road looks perfect for me. Thanks!

I am excited for you! Solo trips are the best. I did my first one in September 2017 and I'm heading back this year in September 2018.

Let's face it, as much as I adore my family (which we went this past April 2018) hitting the parks can have some challenges. My kids were very well behaved, but my Husband doesn't enjoy the parks much. Solo trips can be magical. Have fun!

Sounds great! I am tentatively planning my first ever solo trip for February 2019. I have a feeling most of my time will be spent at Epcot!

Love your list! My first solo trip is in November and I've already started making a list of my own. I can't wait to do what I want when I want.

My own goal is to meet many face characters and have conversations with them. Im naturally introverted so this is quite a challenge. Going to do Rapunzel/Tiana at MK, Anna/Elsa at Epcot and then dine at Akershus. Maybe go to Hollywood Studios and meet Kylo/Rey if theyre there.

My own goal is to meet many face characters and have conversations with them. Im naturally introverted so this is quite a challenge. Going to do Rapunzel/Tiana at MK, Anna/Elsa at Epcot and then dine at Akershus. Maybe go to Hollywood Studios and meet Kylo/Rey if theyre there.

You can meet Kylo, Chewbacca, and BB8 at HS. No Rey unfortunately. :)

going on my first solo trip 7/5. Offsite unfortunately, but that's okay. I like your idea of your goals ... I only have 2 days so here are mine:

*Explore one of the MK resorts and/or Fort Wilderness Campground - just take it all in
*See Happily Ever After Fireworks (haven't seen it yet)
*Arrive at AK early and get in line for FOP
*Nali River Journey - haven't done it
*See the new show that replaced Flights of Wonder
*See all shows at Animal Kingdom
*spend arrival day (I'm driving so I'll get there late) at Disney Springs and if Piano Bob is still performing - go hear him if the boat is still available to Port Orleans Riverside
*Ride Haunted Mansion at least 3 times
*Enjoy a dole whip maybe twice
*Explore all the animal trails at AK and take my time

Open to suggestions. A little nervous about going solo

First off - I love the title of your thread!

Enjoy, it is very freeing to do what you want, when you want. You'll miss them briefly, it's natural, but just enjoy the 'now' and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter