My son is 12 but wants kids meals!

lou7401

Mouseketeer
I have an 12 yo who eats like a bird (he also looks younger). We are getting the Free Dining Plan when we go in August.

1)Is it OK to just pay out of pocket for a kids meal for him even though he is over the 'official age' at most of the Disney restaurants (and then save adult dining credits)?

2) What about at buffets like Ohana? Can I order him a kids meal too or must he eat the buffet too?

3) I also have an 8 yo - can he share an adult meal with the 12 yo if we end up ordering from the adult menu? (I gather at a buffet this wouldn't be allowed).

We used the Dining Plan last November and it was great - however we wasted a TON of food (and still paid for breakfast)!

1) At counter-service eateries there shouldn't be any problem. At table-service restaurants, it is up to each restaurant. Ask your server.

2) Sorry, no. At buffets and all fixed price meals, you'll have to pay the regular price for your son.

3) Sharing is okay at counter-service eateries, and at least at WDW it is generally okay at regular table-service restaurants (though you should provide an additional gratuity to cover the service provided to the extra diner), but again, it is not allowed at buffets and fixed price meals.

Thanks so much- that was very helpful! Darn, the rest of us love Ohana, but my son just won't eat pieces of meat. Maybe we should go somewhere else? On the other hand last year when we went there, when the waiter found out that he didn't eat meat, he ended up with a grilled-cheese sandwich. But I have no idea whether or not we paid seperately for it as a meal credit or how it was charged. Hmm..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter