Mystic Dunes, Liki Tiki or Westgate Vacation Villas

Baymax1076

Earning My Ears
Hi Folks

My family (me, wife, 10 yr old son) are looking to visit Disney this May.

We can't afford to stay onsite but have found 3 choices so far that are within our budget: Mystic Dunes, Liki Tiki and Westgate Vacation Villas. I'm expecting we'll spend most of our time at the parks but there will probably be a couple of days where we'll just want to relax poolside or something like that.

I've read some reviews on all three but welcome any advice or recommendations from you all.

Thanks!

Never stayed at any of them ( Not sure where Liki Tiki is ) BUT passed

both Mystic Dunes & Westgate Vacation Villas many many times over the years.

Both seem to be well recommended .

You will need transportation ......... car .... to get to theme parks.

Animal Kingdom is the nearest and is about a 15 min drive ( Max ) away. ...... straight forward drive.

There are many eating places on Hwy 192 ( a 5 min drive )

Going Left on Hwy 192 ..... All within a 2 mile drive

We stayed at Mystic Dunes in 2014 and had no complaints. I recommended it girlfriend who stayed there last year and she loved it. My advice is to skip the time share desk, which the staff likes to direct you after check in. They can be very pushy. Also, when we stayed there in 2014 they were in the middle of renovating some buildings. I would think they would be done by now, but check and make sure you get a renovated unit.

I also have a friend who stayed at Liki Tiki and she liked it a lot.

We stayed at Mystic Dunes last year. We had a 2 bedroom. We liked it and would stay again--we rented through a friend who is an owner.

We have stayed at Mystic Dunes and enjoyed it. We had a 2 bedroom that was nice and right on the golf course with a waterfull behind it. Very pretty. We had a car and although we were close to where you can catch the bus to the parks we didn't use it but it's good to know it's there. This was about 3 years ago so I would just double check if you pick Mystic Dunes.

Liki Tiki has a nice pool area! The room is big and well kept, but last time they where charging for extra toilet paper and shampoo, so bring your own so you don't get charged extra, they provide these once and after that you have to pay for more

From what I have seen of Westgate and LikiTiki and heard from friends who have stayed there, you get WAY more for your money in a vacation home in a gated community. I paid less for a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with pool, hot tub and everything else we could possibly want than a co-worker paid for a two bedroom condo in a Westgate resort. Also, no time share presentations!

From what I have seen of Westgate and LikiTiki and heard from friends who have stayed there, you get WAY more for your money in a vacation home in a gated community. I paid less for a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with pool, hot tub and everything else we could possibly want than a co-worker paid for a two bedroom condo in a Westgate resort. Also, no time share presentations!
I paid $400 for a 3 bdrm at Westgate Town Centre through an owner.

Actually, it was a lot of communicating trying to find an owner you can trust, Westgate itself wasn't my favourite! I know how to turn down a "tour" but was it ok for $400.00, yes, rooms were large, just very plain, lots of pools, weren't warm enough for me, but that is me. We have done a pool home before as well, and at the time, loved it. But now that our girls are older, (17 & 15) we prefer the activities of a resort. I like that they go off and do stuff, if we want to just hang out by the pool. We have found Orange Lake, and we all love it, lots to do, and something for everyone. We leave in 2 weeks to go, and can't wait, although we were just there at Christmas. It is very busy at the resort in March, but we know that and expect it, but we still have a great time. People just need to find what works for them with their family, and price point they are happy with to enjoy it. For me, we have cut down the amount of park days, go for 2 week vacations, vs 1 week, and we do a lot of resort activities, and we also cook in our room. We are just happy to be out of Canadian Winters. If the price is right on any of those 3 resorts you will be fine, I would do, Liki Tiki, Mystic Dunes and then Westgate as my order. If you know a Diamond Resorts owner, the first 2 can be a great price, we have rented at 4 different Diamond Resorts through an owner, in Florida, and 2 in Williamsburg, Va, and liked them all.

We ar 30 days out from mystic dunes. Several friends have suggested so we will see if it live up to IT.

I have stayed at Orange Lake and Westgate Town Center. Like @greenclan67 mentioned, my kids also prefer on-site activities at the resort which aren't offered at Pool Home properties. We don't always do parks when we go because my kids enjoy the on-site activities that are offered on Resort properties. I still think that Westgate has everyone beat "hands-down" when it comes to on-site activities, but they lack in other areas. This past summer we stayed at Orange Lake in the West Village. It was fantastic and I can't wait to go back. I was out and about all over Orange Lake and barely saw half of it. 7 days just wasn't enough. I have to get back there again soon.

i have seen a couple westgates in orlando, what r the good ones?,im wondering if we should try a new place. we stay at windsor hills, gorg, we luv it there.. huge pool, slide, movie theatre, some activites at pool, but not a resort, but a safe gated communities, i use dave at vacationrentals .com, he had weekly rates u cannot beat, love its so close to animal kingdom and many rest,.

I have stayed at Orange Lake and Westgate Town Center. Like @greenclan67 mentioned, my kids also prefer on-site activities at the resort which aren't offered at Pool Home properties. We don't always do parks when we go because my kids enjoy the on-site activities that are offered on Resort properties. I still think that Westgate has everyone beat "hands-down" when it comes to on-site activities, but they lack in other areas. This past summer we stayed at Orange Lake in the West Village. It was fantastic and I can't wait to go back. I was out and about all over Orange Lake and barely saw half of it. 7 days just wasn't enough. I have to get back there again soon.
I just got home last night from Orange Lake, did a last minute 5 night getaway........I missed it so much, go back Dec 23rd.

Polynesian Isles is where we like to stay. We get a 2 bedroom unit that has a full kitchen, dining room table, couch, 50" flat screen TV, etc. This place is owned by Diamond Resorts which also owns Mystic Dunes and a few others timeshare places in the area. We love the location which is just off Highway 192 in Kissimmee. This resort is very quiet and peaceful and everyone is so friendly. I don't want to stay anywhere else when staying off property.

If I had to choose between the following : Mystic Dunes, Liki Tiki or Westgate Vacation Villas I personally would choose Westgate Vacation Villas. This is the property that made us fall in love with Timeshare Resorts. In my opinion Westgate STILL offers the BEST options and varieties of activities for kids. The activity staff really puts alot of effort into ensuring your kids enjoy their vacation. The grounds are beautiful. I love the walking bridge that leads to the NEW waterpark. If you rent from an owner you get to use their waterpark daily without an additional fees. They have a movie theater which many timeshares DO NOT offer. The poolside games, activities, dancing, pool-parties are what roped us in. However, the timeshare sales people are ridiculous but if you rent from an owner, you are NOT obligated to attend a presentation. When staying at Westgate you never need to leave the property unless you want to. The sales staff gives the place a bad reputation for their high pressure antics. But not enough credit is given for the facility itself. What a shame the sales staff makes it a place that many try to avoid. They really have a lot to offer. They need to step back and let the property sell itself.

If I had to choose between the following : Mystic Dunes, Liki Tiki or Westgate Vacation Villas I personally would choose Westgate Vacation Villas. This is the property that made us fall in love with Timeshare Resorts. In my opinion Westgate STILL offers the BEST options and varieties of activities for kids. The activity staff really puts alot of effort into ensuring your kids enjoy their vacation. The grounds are beautiful. I love the walking bridge that leads to the NEW waterpark. If you rent from an owner you get to use their waterpark daily without an additional fees. They have a movie theater which many timeshares DO NOT offer. The poolside games, activities, dancing, pool-parties are what roped us in. However, the timeshare sales people are ridiculous but if you rent from an owner, you are NOT obligated to attend a presentation. When staying at Westgate you never need to leave the property unless you want to. The sales staff gives the place a bad reputation for their high pressure antics. But not enough credit is given for the facility itself. What a shame the sales staff makes it a place that many try to avoid. They really have a lot to offer. They need to step back and let the property sell itself.
Myself i preferred Liki Tiki over westgate. There was something about Westgate that i just didn't like. Own personal, I didnt enjoy the pool areas, found the rooms spacious, but very plain and old looking.
But everyone has their own thing they like
I do agree that the sales people make check in brutal. Also, finding condoms in the bedside table and a wrapper under the bed was not my thing.

Myself i preferred Liki Tiki over westgate. There was something about Westgate that i just didn't like. Own personal, I didnt enjoy the pool areas, found the rooms spacious, but very plain and old looking.
But everyone has their own thing they like
I do agree that the sales people make check in brutal. Also, finding condoms in the bedside table and a wrapper under the bed was not my thing.

I've never had that type of experience. In fact, I have always made requests to stay in certain buildings/units and have always had my requests honored. I hear they still have some units that need remodeling but I have never had a unit that would make my skin crawl like the one you are describing. I've either had my request honored and a few times even upgraded. Upgraded by being booked to stay in the Villas and upgraded to the Town Center hi-rise building. I prefer a poolview so I can sit and watch my kids having fun without me being in the sun. Poolview is preference and I have always been accommodated at Westgate. Once they assigned us a room that was still being cleaned and would be ready by 4. We went to see it while the staff were cleaning it. It was a unit that had the view I wanted and we were willing to wait until 4pm to get it. The previous guests were young guys and the unit looked like a frat party had taken place. The cleaning supervisor called the front desk to give us another unit because he wasn't going to release it. His call got us an upgrade to one of the brand new buildings overlooking a pool. Last year was the same thing. We wanted to be in a 2 bedroom in the Villas. I really wanted a poolview so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom with a loft to give me the area I wanted to stay in. Yes, LOVE Westgate!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!