Myth-busting coronavirus with Dr. Fauci-

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
This was the best video update from March 27. DH shared it with my family (two 20 somethings) so I'm sharing too - they are so aggravated, I think this hits the mark for them & me :)

It does mention donations so I didn't embed because I'm not sure of the rules on here anymore, but you can find it with the title of this thread. The video interviewer is Lilly Singh. I really love Dr Fauci, something so calming and reassuring about him.

Should be required viewing before posting on message boards.
It’s very calming. Sometimes I get stuck in the DIS or Facebook bubble and start to freak out. I don’t think anyone is intentionally trying to be scary (well, a handful but I’ve hidden them after 12 years of never using that feature) but some tend to give their interpretation of the facts. It ends up becoming a giant game of “telephone.”

It’s very calming. Sometimes I get stuck in the DIS or Facebook bubble and start to freak out. I don’t think anyone is intentionally trying to be scary (well, a handful but I’ve hidden them after 12 years of never using that feature) but some tend to give their interpretation of the facts. It ends up becoming a giant game of “telephone.”

Yes I can always tell when it's time for me to step away from here and Facebook. I'm really tired of the dead horse beating and speculation, so I avoid those threads as much as possible. The problem is that it's bleeding into threads where it doesn't need to.

Yes I can always tell when it's time for me to step away from here and Facebook. I'm really tired of the dead horse beating and speculation, so I avoid those threads as much as possible. The problem is that it's bleeding into threads where it doesn't need to.
Yeah, that’s making me a little crazy.

I'm actually worried for a poster on those threads today. I hope he/she can take care of themselves and relax.

I also can't participate anymore, but only because I get annoyed. :D

And I always look to Dr. Fauci!!! He gives hope.

Dr. David Price from Weill Cornell has an informative video out as well.

Last edited:
I tune out on weekends. Only way to stay sane. I did see a clip of JBE on Meet the Press. Proud to have him as our governor.
Yes I always did like him. I think he’s doing an excellent job. Did you see the pics of the convention center? They did a good job too. Now they just need the extra ventilators that JBE is pushing for. I actually usually tune out too, but a friend texted me b/c she thought it seemed like good news. We are only a week into the official shut down so maybe things are improving?? Might be wishful thinking!

Cases in Louisiana “only” went up by 200 or so today. Could be a fluke but maybe new cases or slowing up? Death rate still high though 😔
I didn't want to jinx it by bringing it up but today is a better day so far in the US compared to the last couple of days. The 24 hour clock ends at 8pm, according to the time zone. It may be just a pause or maybe distancing is making a difference, but I will take whatever hope I can get out of this situation.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Last edited:
Yes I always did like him. I think he’s doing an excellent job. Did you see the pics of the convention center? They did a good job too. Now they just need the extra ventilators that JBE is pushing for. I actually usually tune out too, but a friend texted me b/c she thought it seemed like good news. We are only a week into the official shut down so maybe things are improving?? Might be wishful thinking!

We can hope, but I feel the cases among healthcare workers are about to explode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter