Names on Deeds

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Deed #1 March UY SSR Owner John Doe, Jane Doe Membership # 123456
Deed #2 March UY SSR Owner John Doe, Jane Doe, Jim Doe

can deed #2 Use the same membership number as deed #1 or must a new membership # be created? If a new membership number has to be created what steps can be taken to add Jim Doe to Deed #1?

TIA

It will be a new member number, unless you drop Jim or add Jim to the first contract.

Must be different.

You have to file a new deed and get a sign off on ROFR from DVC to add someone to a membership.

Is there any charge for these transactions?

You can do it yourself fo the cost of filing with the county. I don’t recall exactly what you might be looking at but maybe $100 or less? A title company will do it for you too. Maybe $400?

If they are not titled exactly the same, with the exact same names on them, then they will be placed in two separate Membership Numbers.

I had some contracts that listed my wife and I. I bought a resale contract, different resort but same use year, that listed my wife and I AND our four adult children.

Then I paid a commercial title company about $500 per contract to retitle the contracts that just listed just my wife and I and add our adult kids to them. Then those contracts were moved into a membership number that included the other contract I had purchased at resale.

When Disney World finally recorded the changes and put all the contracts together, they tried to tell me that our 'new contracts' no longer qualified to reserve Riviera. I said, uh uh uh. I pointed out that this was not a NEW purchase (which wouldn't have qualified for Riviera) but was only a retitle and gratuitous transfer of an old contract. They 'researched it' and then agreed.

If they are not titled exactly the same, with the exact same names on them, then they will be placed in two separate Membership Numbers.

I had some contracts that listed my wife and I. I bought a resale contract, different resort but same use year, that listed my wife and I AND our four adult children.

Then I paid a commercial title company about $500 per contract to retitle the contracts that just listed just my wife and I and add our adult kids to them. Then those contracts were moved into a membership number that included the other contract I had purchased at resale.

When Disney World finally recorded the changes and put all the contracts together, they tried to tell me that our 'new contracts' no longer qualified to reserve Riviera. I said, uh uh uh. I pointed out that this was not a NEW purchase (which wouldn't have qualified for Riviera) but was only a retitle and gratuitous transfer of an old contract. They 'researched it' and then agreed.

Good thing for you that you pushed back on them. Some people might have just let them do that .

Is there any charge for these transactions?

LT Transfers did it for me for $210 last year.

I tried to figure out how to do it myself for over a year with the help of various comprehensive explanation threads here (the deed stuff is just beyond me) and finally gave up and paid for it to be done.

Yep, all contracts have to be deeded exactly the same to be in one membership. I have 7 contracts, all deeded the same. Have one membership makes it so much easier, esp with 3 homes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts