National MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENT DAY

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Today is National Medal Of Honor Recipient Day. As someone who has had the honor of serving with two of these men and meeting 3 others I feel humbled to have known them.

I'm not aware of ever having the honor to meet one. Wish I could.

Don't believe I have ever met one.

Have met a couple of Purple Heart recipients, but they were just the slow guys. :duck:
Just kidding, most are great guys.

I had an opportunity about a year ago to come into close contact for an entire evening with a Marine who recently (in the last two years) received the National Medal of Honor for Vietnam-era actions and was being recognized on the night I came into contact with him.

His accomplishments were extraordinary and while I marveled at my opportunity to meet him and have a conversation, it had been nearly 40 year since his heroic actions. I wondered why it took 40 years to recognize this man for the remarkable things he had done. By any measure, they were magnificent. Why, I wondered to myself, did this magnificent man in uniform have to wait over 40 years to receive the recognition for acts he had done without thinking or without worrying about himself?

He is a hero in my book and God bless him and other like him who did what he did. How many others are out there like him?

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I had an opportunity about a year ago to come into close contact for an entire evening with a Marine who recently (in the last two years) received the National Medal of Honor for Vietnam-era actions and was being recognized on the night I came into contact with him.

His accomplishments were extraordinary and while I marveled at my opportunity to meet him and have a conversation, it had been nearly 40 year since his heroic actions. I wondered why it took 40 years to recognize this man for the remarkable things he had done. By any measure, they were magnificent. Why, I wondered to myself, did this magnificent man in uniform have to wait over 40 years to receive the recognition for acts he had done without thinking or without worrying about himself?

He is a hero in my book and God bless him and other like him who did what he did. How many others are out there like him?

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

A lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter