National Treasure Series

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
Has anyone been watching? I've seen the first two and thought it was pretty good. It's tied into the movies, but not that tightly. The lead character, Jess, is great, though her friends are a little annoying. Still, the mystery is intriguing - I love that South American lore - and the show has been a lot of fun so far. I am hoping for more cameos, maybe a certain mega-actor at the end to lead into the third movie.

I am. I like it a lot, but DD11 was bored. I've always liked treasure hunt movies :)

I was very pleasantly surprised w the first movie. Really enjoyed it, and second was ok. Looking forward to the series. Hope to watch soon.

Just watched the third episode. They are making it seem way too easy for her to crack the codes. If it was that easy it would have been done way before her.

But on a happy note...Goonies just came on! 🥰

Just watched the first episode, does it get better? I realize they need to introduce the characters, but it moved really slowly. However, if they are going to stretch it out to 10 episodes, I guess it needs to move slowly.
Even in the first episode it seems she is solving the clues too easily.

I just watched the latest episode, and it was cool because it took place here at home, Memphis, TN, at Graceland actually. They only did some exterior pickups though as I'm pretty sure the inside shots were not actually at Graceland. Also, The "secret" areas at Graceland are supposedly upstairs where nobody is allowed, not down in a basement.. It was cool though. I loved the line, "Elvis is involved in tons of conspiracies." "You mean was." "Do I?". Fun stuff.

Last edited:
the first episode was meh. The second was better, and it hit its stride on the third. Now, I have to keep watching. Started out slowly, but looks like it should be good.
Not sure I buy Catherine Zeta-Jones as a villain.

We are hooked. By discussing with extended family gathered for the holiday, learned we may have an ancestor who was a Freemason. That's sparked a lot of historical interest and research that will be fun for the family. I'm not expecting any treasure maps in the attic (though I can't speak for everyone in the family :upsidedow) but it's fun to imagine. Agree the series was slow to get started but I think it's fun!

So who is the mole going to be? Or is there one? Liam is too easy of a target for it to be him.
Loved seeing Riley back.

Watched the first episode last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Better than expected. Had no idea it was set in Baton Rouge, nice surprise. (we lived there for 15 years.) Looking forward to more of the series.

So who is the mole going to be? Or is there one? Liam is too easy of a target for it to be him.
Loved seeing Riley back.
I'm wondering too.....
hope it's not Oren, that would also be too obvious. maybe it's Ethan? I wonder if that live in nurse was helping. or the head FBI guy. Loved seeing Riley, and having him call Ben on the phone, that was fun!

Man, the latest episode...

Was really irritating me because I was like, "Jess, how can you be so dumb?"

Well, maybe not so dumb.

Was anyone else annoyed that she oversimplified the shirt button side issue to the point of basically being wrong?

Ha ha - YES! That is generally true in the US anyway, but not always. I have a jacket from a European company and it zips opposite of what I'm used to. It's much more common over there too. And her friend being critical - it's not really more difficult or anything - she's just one of those people who wants to make an issue out of everything! She's also easily my least favorite character on the show.

Last edited:
I agree that they made the ending a little too simplified and predictable. Still fun to watch and I would enjoy a season 2. Thought they did a good job fleshing out some of the characters that seemed really weak early on.

Reactions: GAN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter