Na'vi River Journey is temporarily closed

I thought it was to add the 10 extra missing minutes:scared:

Bahahahaha, BEST comment. My biggest problem with the ride. Wouldn't matter if the shaman was down if a) the ride was longer, and b) the ride was better ;) The problem is the whole sub 5 minute ride rests on those 20 seconds that you see the shaman. If the rest of the ride was more captivating or worth seeing they could also just put some sort of screen around her or hide her in some way and continue the ride.

Bahahahaha, BEST comment. My biggest problem with the ride. Wouldn't matter if the shaman was down if a) the ride was longer, and b) the ride was better ;) The problem is the whole sub 5 minute ride rests on those 20 seconds that you see the shaman. If the rest of the ride was more captivating or worth seeing they could also just put some sort of screen around her or hide her in some way and continue the ride.

It's worth seeing for kids, and I assume that is exactly who it was aimed at. Disney is a family park, and this ride is enjoyable for younger kids, especially the ones that are too small for the other Avatar ride.

It's worth seeing for kids, and I assume that is exactly who it was aimed at. Disney is a family park, and this ride is enjoyable for younger kids, especially the ones that are too small for the other Avatar ride.

It might be fun for kids, my little one is probably too young, didn't seem to care at all one way or the other, however "aimed at" ... well.

I can't see how this in anyway would be aimed at young kids. Kids aren't really what James Cameron or Joe Rhode do. The movie itself isn't aimed at children, and there is no connection to them in it. Interestingly, to me at least, the advertising around Pandora has seemed to appeal to an older crowd, little kids aren't going to be as impressed with the spectacular design of the area, it takes some understanding and appreciate for that. The Ride itself (NRJ) is principally built around that final shaman interaction, and again, this takes understanding and maturity to care about / appreciate. Kids don't care between the Pirates of the C animatronics or the Jungle cruise statues, let alone the technology that was invested in creating that animatronic in NRJ.

Nothing about the ride says "kid" to me. Again, they may like it, but I can't see how it was "aimed" at them. It has been a while since I was a kid though.

It might be fun for kids, my little one is probably too young, didn't seem to care at all one way or the other, however "aimed at" ... well.

I can't see how this in anyway would be aimed at young kids. Kids aren't really what James Cameron or Joe Rhode do. The movie itself isn't aimed at children, and there is no connection to them in it. Interestingly, to me at least, the advertising around Pandora has seemed to appeal to an older crowd, little kids aren't going to be as impressed with the spectacular design of the area, it takes some understanding and appreciate for that. The Ride itself (NRJ) is principally built around that final shaman interaction, and again, this takes understanding and maturity to care about / appreciate. Kids don't care between the Pirates of the C animatronics or the Jungle cruise statues, let alone the technology that was invested in creating that animatronic in NRJ.

Nothing about the ride says "kid" to me. Again, they may like it, but I can't see how it was "aimed" at them. It has been a while since I was a kid though.

I agree with this. The whole thing, imo, screams budget cuts. There is absolutely no climax to this ride. While seeing the shaman was cool, the rest I found "meh".

I'm not even asking for much story, but give us something. No offense to plants, but most of them are pretty boring. They don't even know how to carry on a conversation at all.

I was so excited when I first saw the artist renderings like 6 years ago. What happened? Did Bob Iger want to buy a 2nd gold airplane? I can't stand seeing just screens with strange creatures on it. Why even go on this ride? I could go to Wal-mart and see them in person, and they are so lifelike its amazing.

I'm not even asking for much story, but give us something. No offense to plants, but most of them are pretty boring. They don't even know how to carry on a conversation at all.

I was so excited when I first saw the artist renderings like 6 years ago. What happened? Did Bob Iger want to buy a 2nd gold airplane? I can't stand seeing just screens with strange creatures on it. Why even go on this ride? I could go to Wal-mart and see them in person, and they are so lifelike its amazing.

Hahahaha. Yeah, there's no story to this ride. Why are we on it? Where are we going? What's the deal with the shaman; as cool as she is, what's her deal?

Hahahaha. Yeah, there's no story to this ride. Why are we on it? Where are we going? What's the deal with the shaman; as cool as she is, what's her deal?

They should at least have a human come out of nowhere and shoot her.

"Come with me, I'll get you outta here. Damn Na'vi's. How dare they want to keep their land."

Agree. I don't think anything in Pandora is geared for kids but built for adults, and kid friendly.

NRJ is very colorful and vibrant with neon colors but without a true story or anything to identify with for kids they might not be appreciative. It is like being inside a piece of art, leaving much up to the viewer. And the Shaman ... she's a big alien with a gravelly voice and some kids may think cool, but some might be scared of it. It is friendly enough for most kids, but don't think it was built with them in mind. I wouldn't wait in a long line if I were looking for a kid ride.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

DS saw movie and no memory of what is happening. I purposely didn't see movie to see if non-watcher could enjoy. It was pretty, and .... it was pretty. All I know is that Shaman's foot made me feel petite with my size 9. All I could look at was that foot, like passing an accident and having to look.

We saw her ...... and one floating in tank. We both said it felt ominous that they had no real presence in the land.

Last edited:
All I know is that Shaman's foot made me feel petite with my size 9. All I could look at was that foot, like passing an accident and having to look.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now I will be on the lookout for this come November.

Agree. I don't think anything in Pandora is geared for kids but built for adults, and kid friendly.

NRJ is very colorful and vibrant with neon colors but without a true story or anything to identify with for kids they might not be appreciative. It is like being inside a piece of art, leaving much up to the viewer. And the Shaman ... she's a big alien with a gravelly voice and some kids may think cool, but some might be scared of it. It is friendly enough for most kids, but don't think it was built with them in mind. I wouldn't wait in a long line if I were looking for a kid ride.

:confused3:confused3:confused3

DS saw movie and no memory of what is happening. I purposely didn't see movie to see if non-watcher could enjoy. It was pretty, and .... it was pretty. All I know is that Shaman's foot made me feel petite with my size 9. All I could look at was that foot, like passing an accident and having to look.

We saw her ...... and one floating in tank. We both said it felt ominous that they had no real presence in the land.

I had honestly thought we'd see Na'Vi in the land.

I had honestly thought we'd see Na'Vi in the land.

YES.

I am aware there was some kind of war or differing of opinions, in the boat I see them off in the distance on a screen walking away, I see one floating in a lab. It felt like to me that the humans had taken over since there was no real presence, only base camp stuff.

Come on. Am I the only one who imagined stilt walkers dressed as Na'vi roaming about?

They probably couldn't perfect the look of it like they could with the Tree Lady at Animal, or like Universal could with the Transformers and shirtless Mummy guys.

I think the masks or makeup they'd have to wear would take away from the realism of the land. and plus it would probably affect their ability to see. Who needs that though when we can have sweaty hippies hitting alien bongos?

Come on. Am I the only one who imagined stilt walkers dressed as Na'vi roaming about?

YES YES YES me too !!!

They probably couldn't perfect the look of it like they could with the Tree Lady at Animal, or like Universal could with the Transformers and shirtless Mummy guys.

I think the masks or makeup they'd have to wear would take away from the realism of the land. and plus it would probably affect their ability to see. Who needs that though when we can have sweaty hippies hitting alien bongos?

I disagree. They could make it work with good molded costuming. It is "my personal opinion" that James Cameron likely wouldn't allow it since he is a nit picker and they would never be perfect enough.

YES.

I am aware there was some kind of war or differing of opinions, in the boat I see them off in the distance on a screen walking away, I see one floating in a lab. It felt like to me that the humans had taken over since there was no real presence, only base camp stuff.
Technically, that's not even really a Na'vi, right? It's just a manufactured Avatar made to look like a Na'vi - based on my understanding...

Technically, that's not even really a Na'vi, right? It's just a manufactured Avatar made to look like a Na'vi - based on my understanding...

I don't know ............ but that makes it even worse .......... we have ........... one then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter