NBA Experience details

I think it looks amazing!

Sorry, but it's nothing like the old tired, run down restaurant from Citywalk.

This is going to be an immersive, interactive experience. The restaurant is just a small part of it.

Basketball is my least favorite of the major sports. I don't watch much at all and wouldn't really call myself a fan. But I see this place for what it is and it looks like a lot of fun.

Everytime this comes up we get a thread full of complainers that are angry they didn't get what they wanted. Again, NBA is far from my first choice, but I still think it will be cool.

Well I do.

The rustic modern school south street sea port vibe they were going for looks out of place with this.

Being on the West Side of Disney Springs where the theme is an expo center this will not look out of place anymore than Splitsville or La Nouba looks out of place.The giant screen makes it look like the NBC Sports Grille at Universal which in my opinion I would prefer,a general sports theme would just be a better fit overall than going with the NBA.I've eaten twice at ESPN at the Boardwalk and its just overpriced with mediocre at best food,this place should be a better option.I remember eating at NBA city at Universal once,I had a pretty good BBQ chicken pizza.Having never been a fan of Disneyquest this place could be cool.

Well I do.

The rustic modern school south street sea port vibe they were going for looks out of place with this.
West side has always been a mix of styles. This is going on west side. You have the big Cirque theater, Bongos, House of Blues, the AMC, and some shopping. All of those building very different. This will at least look a little more futuristic and aesthetically pleasing than a giant blue box.

West side has always been a mix of styles. This is going on west side. You have the big Cirque theater, Bongos, House of Blues, the AMC, and some shopping. All of those building very different. This will at least look a little more futuristic and aesthetically pleasing than a giant blue box.
A 90s esque giant blue box mind you

A 90s esque giant blue box mind you

Okay let's get our facts correct,the 90's giant blue box was not a blue box in the 90's,it was teal just like everything else was from the 90's,Florida Marlins,Vancouver Grizzlies,Honda cars,etc...I have no clue why teal was so popular back then but I was digging the trend,I really liked the Disneyquest building when it was new.

Last edited:
I understand your point, but I would like to see the arcade element maintained. Even if they just put up a plain old run-of-the-mill D&Bs, I would likely go there more often than I would the NBA Experience. If they put up a fresh DQ arcade with an additional awesome sports bar with mega TVs, I would DEFINITELY go there more often than I would the NBA Experience.

Kind of feel the same and think it would appeal to a wider range if it was more Dave and Buster's-esque. Could do something that is still sports themed, and given the size of the spot they could give it different areas. Have a more traditional sports bar area, a more family restaurant type space, and then an arcade area with games that are all themed around sports. Could see something like that being a big hit and appeal to a ton of people. But I agree with other that I don't see something solely based around an NBA experience having a broad enough appeal for Disney Springs to keep people coming in enough. Just have to wait and see, and do think the building looks great and is very eye catching. Think it will fit in alright to aesthetically being near Splittsville and La Nouba (though with it leaving the exterior of it could change).

Unpopular opinion here, I think the new building looks cool and fits in well on the West Side. NBA is not really my thing, but I would give it a try or two. But I hate Universal to the point of feeling bad when I see a Universal movie because I’m a hardcore Disney loyalist, so my opinion may be skewed a bit.

NBA City in Citywalk did ok, food was decent, but the replacement, Toothsome's Chocolate Factory is a genuine hit. The concept art looks very similar to the NBC Sports Grille at Citywalk, just in a bigger building (I guess it's going to use the shell of Disney Quest) This could be interesting, but I'm not sold on it being a good fit at downtown Disney.

NBA City was just a restaurant/bar and shop, this is supposed to be something more. They keep talking about interactive experiences. Not saying it's going to be a hit, but we do need to remember that this isn't just a copy of NBA City. It will not use any part of DQ, it is being actively demolished.

Okay let's get our facts correct,the 90's giant blue box was not a blue box in the 90's,it was teal just like everything else was from the 90's,Florida Marlins,Vancouver Grizzlies,Honda cars,etc...I have no clue why teal was so popular back then but I was digging the trend,I really liked the Disneyquest building when it was new.
That brings back some memories. I recall when my former employer jumped on that bandwagon and unveiled a brand new all teal corporate logo at a company retreat ... in January 2000. They were a little late to that 90s trend - but then again they were based in Cleveland. Word traveled slow. They finally got rid of it ... in 2014.

I'm not in the fan base this appeals to (haven't kept up with the NBA for years), but am curious to see what they do with the "interactive" part. When ESPN Zone opened in DC, I remember they had this cool half court set up where you could try to recreate or run through the greatest shots of all time (like Jordan's shot against Utah in the 1998 finals). They'll need good stuff to draw crowds in the offseason months (which I'd think is a major problem for any single sport attraction like that).

Seeing the concepts reminds me of seeing the first aerial view of the land clearing for pandora- wow they’re actually going through with this!

I rarely see basketball stuff being worn by people walking around WDW whereas I see a ton of NFL and MLB stuff. I think I see more NHL stuff as well but the NBA is huge internationally so maybe....

We don't care about basketball so I can't muster up any interest in this. I can't imagine bothering with it.

From the concept images, it looks amazing. Currently that end of Disney Springs is pretty run down. I’m hoping AMC give themselves a facelift at some point and with something new hopefully replacing La Nouba, it will give West side the shot it needs

i personally really will enjoy this. Also Since Disney is the official sponsor of the Orlando Magic now, it only makes sense for them to have an NBA Experience center. Cross Promotion.....

In my opinion its Disney Quest with some food... People will check it out because it is new early on but in the end a family is more likely to head back to a park if staying on property. I'll be curious to see what the cost is for the games and experiences. It still does nothing to make me want to head down to that end of Disney Springs.

I think this is an absolutely terrible decision and believe Disney will regret this financially. This eye-sore will not draw as many takers as something else non-sports segregated. Disney Quest catered to people of all ages and walks of life, while an NBA experience is going to cater to those who are specifically fans of basketball (and I personally know 0). This massive space could have been used for an array of better experiences and yet this is the best Disney can do? Highly dissatisfied. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter