Need a child-sized tie dye T-shirt on short notice

Target or Walmart may have them. Try Old Navy too. Not sure your child’s gender but check both the girls and boys section. And Party City is also a good idea. I’m pretty sure they’ve had them in the past around Halloween as a “60’s hippie” costume.

As others have said, it’s not that difficult to do yourself but you probably don’t want the hassle now with little time. Seems like if they wanted this theme, they should’ve scheduled it as an activity where the kids make them IN SCHOOL. :rolleyes:

OK - now we're getting somewhere. Gap has some too. But I don't see any availability for the few items I like.

This one is $25 from Gap:

cn18196408.jpg

Oh, the times, they are a-changin'!
Definitely. And I get that there probably aren't too many tourists there during winter, which are a huge customer base for the street vendors. And the businesses? While the usual college standbys like pizza by the slice haven't changed (although many of my old standbys have closed), there really has been a huge shift in the area around campus. A lot of parking lots have turned into buildings. I was used to there being cheap eats and cafes, which are still there to some degree. What I see now are a seemingly endless array of milk tea and Asian snack shops. But there is a Taco Bell with beer. If it was around when I was a student it would have been my second home.

l.jpg

We've done some tie-dye at a summer camp. It's not too hard or messy, but you will want to give yourself a couple of days (a day to soak and a day to dry). You'll get better results if you use a well-worn cotton shirt (as opposed to a new shirt).

Ohhhhh, no - if it's a hassle with one, it's a disaster with 25!

LOL, you’re a teacher, right? :)

Actually DS’ elementary school did a T-shirt craft on several occasions for themed special events (book week, field day, etc.) Once it was tie-dye, other times the kids printed, painted, or decorated with markers on plain white T’s. Class parents were there to assist on those days. DS is 22 now and I still have them in a box, including one from kindergarten with his little handprints. :lovestruc

We've done some tie-dye at a summer camp. It's not too hard or messy, but you will want to give yourself a couple of days (a day to soak and a day to dry). You'll get better results if you use a well-worn cotton shirt (as opposed to a new shirt).
Some instructions I saw said to wash first to remove any sizing. However, the Tulip brand tie dye kits said that they already included soda ash in the dye solution, when other types recommended soaking in a separate soda ash solution.

Try Old Navy too.

Update. Went looking around for them in Emeryville, California since they had a lot of options. There's one shopping center with a Carter's, Ross, and Marshall's. Then we moved on to the shopping area with the Old Navy. They had a Gap with a closing sale, but they had almost nothing except adult clothes, a few kids' accessories, and store fixtures. I guess I could have bought a file cabinet for $5. Old Navy actually had something approximating tie dye. $10.99 but they had a sale where shirts were $6 each if buying at least 2.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=552888022
Close enough I guess.

cn18134048.jpg

How hard is DIY tie dye.? I can find kits at Jo-Ann or Michaels along with white cotton T-shirts. A Tulip brand mini-kit with two bottles is $4.49. But I'm not sure if I can do it in one day unless it's maybe just one or two colors.
I've done this at least once. I don't remember it being that hard.

Some instructions I saw said to wash first to remove any sizing. However, the Tulip brand tie dye kits said that they already included soda ash in the dye solution, when other types recommended soaking in a separate soda ash solution.
Glad you found something - certainly less work than tie-dying a shirt right now and I'm sure it won't matter.

The tie-dye we did at the camp had a separate soda ash soak. You rubber-band the shirt, then soak, then go outside (because it's messy) and apply the dye. Those turned out MUCH better than the box dye products that are only one step.

Seems like a good enough time to thread-jack - I'm considering doing a set of tie-dye shirts for my family for our next WDW trip. Has anyone ever done this? What am I saying? Of course someone has! Does anyone have an example of Disney themed shirts they have done? I would think a tie-dye not-so-hidden mickey shirt would be pretty easy.

Glad you found something - certainly less work than tie-dying a shirt right now and I'm sure it won't matter.

The tie-dye we did at the camp had a separate soda ash soak. You rubber-band the shirt, then soak, then go outside (because it's messy) and apply the dye. Those turned out MUCH better than the box dye products that are only one step.

Seems like a good enough time to thread-jack - I'm considering doing a set of tie-dye shirts for my family for our next WDW trip. Has anyone ever done this? What am I saying? Of course someone has! Does anyone have an example of Disney themed shirts they have done? I would think a tie-dye not-so-hidden mickey shirt would be pretty easy.

I'm not one to complain about a thread jacking. But I think the difficulty would be in finding a suitable T-shirt in white for the best results. I actually saw a Team Awesome shirt at a Disney Store, but I just couldn't see myself wearing it.

https://www.shopdisney.com/ducky-an...rt-for-adults-toy-story-4-5620045533756M.html
On second though this one (even if you could find it) might not work since it's cotton/poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter