Need a dinner recommendation

jabrown40

Mouseketeer
I am planning 3 evenings at HRH. The first night, we have a gift certificate to the Palm, the second day we plan to eat lunch at HR cafe, then the 3rd night at Mythos. My teen boys are 14 and 17. Looked at Emerils, but didn't care for the choices. Can you recommend somewhere for dinner - doesn't necessarily need to be in the park, could be any of the three hotels or City Walk. I really don't want to eat any fast food, prefer a nice sit down place, not too concerned about price. (After all, what is vacation for?) We will be spending that day in Universal Studios, but don't mind leaving for a while to get dinner and take a break. Thanks for the advice.

My kids always enjoy Mama Dellas, we ate there this week & it was very good as usual. Most of the menu items are traditional Italian fare,I had the mushroom risotto which was great!
Or why not try the new resort, Isands Buffet, they also have a regular menu with lots of fish choices.
What kind of food do your children like? Margaritaville is always another favorite of my kids.

Where is Mama Dellas? As far as their likes - my 17 year old has developed a taste for the "finer things" and will try new things. The fourteen year old still prefers chicken fingers! We are leaving hubby home this trip.

Mama Dellas is at PBH. My 14 year old ordered off the kids menu which I think does have chicken fingers. The kids menu is $8.99, includes drink, meal & dessert best kids menu around! They have chicken parm, veal marsala, clams & linguine, risotto, steak and some fish on the menu. All entrees come with a family style salad even the kids. It's a cozy type place like you're in Mama's dining room.

I noticed you mentioned "one night at Mythos"-
you should be aware that Mythos usually closes well before the park itself. You might want to have the concierge make reservations or just call ahead yourself to make sure you won't be disappointed.
:jester:

My DS, 18, and DD, 15, loved Margarittaville when we were there in April. The food was good and the desserts were fabulous.

We are just back from a week at the HRH. We liked Pastamore.
The food was aof great quality and the prices were OK. We also ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, Margaritaville(fun place) the Sunset Grill has a good buffet breakfast. Went off site to Olive Garden, otherwise we ate in the park and the food was good and lots of chices, unlike Disney... great desserts at Pastamore(late night stop) and also at Croissant Moon and The hollywood Boulgais.

We also love Mama Della's! They have a beautiful outside eating area that overlooks the bay. Make res if you want to eat there though, we tried one evening but it was all booked up.

We just got back yesterday and I have 2 teenagers and a 10 yr old. We all loved Nascar Cafe(City Walk) and we don't follow Nascar. Being from the south they were the only one to have Sweet ice tea. Also ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and Jimmy Buffet (they were all good but we thought Nascar beat them all with choices and price. Also ate inside Universal at Finnigans. It's an irish pub and had some great food. My hubby got the fish and fry and it was suberb he said. We also ate @ Jakes at RPR, they only had 3 main menu choices (club sandwich, burger and ribs) and were quite pricey. Also the salt shakers were clogged up. We got out of there with a whopping $90 bill.

Say it ain't so , poolpappy! $90 for sandwich foods for 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 10-year-old at Jake's at RPR!!!!!! That's outrageous. We'll be at RPR mid-July - glad to hear you liked the resort - even though food prices seem to be out the roof.

We are also from South Carolina so I appreciate knowing about the sweet tea at Nascar cafe - we don't follow Nascar either, but we have to have our sweet tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter