Need crowd update please!

disneyvoice

DIS Veteran
We leave on Friday and I am wondering if there is anyone who JUST got back or is currently there that can give me a crowd update? I know that recent posts had mentioned huge crowds but we couldn't tell if that was due to Columbus Day weekend and Fall Breaks, or if FTP has taken over the ENTIRE month of October.

I grew up ten minutes from Disneyland and I have been reassuring my parents (who are making their FIRST WDW trip) that since we are going during a slow time that the crowds will be much more manageable than they remember at DL. I'm hoping I haven't been lying to them!!!

Excellent question....I would really like to know the answer to this too. Hopefully someone can help us!

We just got back two days ago (Oct 20) and I am still amazed at all the posts on how crowded it was. We must have been at all the right parks at all the right times! We never waited longer than 15 minutes to get on a ride. We only used fastpass once on the last day for Pooh and the ride broke down about 20 seconds in. Oh well, that would have been the third time. We did MK four different days. One being the MNSSHP . The party was actually the busiest. The character lines were a little bit long but doable.We stayed at asmo. The transportaion was awesome! We hardly ever had to wait although the hotel was packed. We always did lunch between 11 and 11:30. As we were leaving the restaurant filled up which cleared the way for the rides.

Have a great time!

Denise,

We are also staying at the OSM on 10-30 and attending the Halloween party on the 31st.:hyper: How was it getting to the party from OSM. We actually have a PS for dinner at Ohana for 5:20 and hoped that would have us closer and be less hectic?

Figure we could jump the monorail from the Poly???:tongue:

We just got back on Monday (10/20). Stayed at ASSports Saturday & Sunday nights.

The parks WERE NOT crowded as many people have stated. Of course, it is not empty either. The crowd was managable. We went to MK on Saturday and walked right on Philarmagic about 9:30am, then went on Peter Pan (10 min wait), and walked right pon Small World. Most lines during the day were no more than 15 minutes. My suggestion would be to get there early. Once the afternoon went on the waits were a little longer, but not like summer crowds.

If you are going to see WISHES fireworks, I would suggest getting a seat early. We tried to walk right up from Liberty Sq and had to stop at Sleepy Hollow refreshments because there was a log jam! Like a rock concert. Otherwise, we walked right up for the second Spectro Magic parade at 9:30pm. (TIP: watch it right in front of the barber shop by the Emporium. The parade starts right there!)

Have FUN and don't worry, the crowds weren't bad and we were there for the weekend!

Well that's excellent news! Although I was preparing myself for the crowds, I am happy to hear that they are probably no busier than usual it sounds.

Sounds great!:hyper: I can deal with normal....Fast Pass works wonders....

We are going to MK on the 31st early for breakfast with Cindy and then doing Fantasyland an anything else early as can be.We are then heading back to put kidos down for naps:faint:

Ohana at 5:20 and then off to the MNSSHP....::MickeyMo

Atleast that is the plan.....:cool: You know how that goes....:wave:

We just got back on the 19th. I have to say that while some days were ok, the last few were awful. We have always gone to Disney off-season and were spoiled to short waits. The wait for Peter Pan on two different days was 75 minutes! We went in a line for Pooh that said '25 mintues' and waited for 45 before getting on the ride. I would definitely prepare yourself for some crowds. The lines for Philharmagic were HUGE and out of the kiosk and into the park thus creating horrible traffice jams. But there was really no place to put the people. We did have some good days and we found that the night of MHSSHP were the shortest lines! Isn't it funny how everyone's days run differently?:yo-yo:

Hi
I just got back- was in MK yesterday and also Sunday night for MNSSHP. Epcot and Blizzard Beach other days.

While the parks certainly weren't empty I thought they were very managable and we had a ten minute wait for most rides. We used fast pass for Space mountain and Philharmagic and test track. We were able to walk on some rides with no wait at all- Pirates of the Caribbean and the magic carpets that I remember. Worst lines were Dumbo, Peter Pan and Pooh. There were always lines for food about 3 or 4 people deep.

Main Street at fireworks time was horrible.

We had a really good time and the weather was wonderful!!!
Fireworks were amazing.

Big Thunder Railroad was closed for refurbishment.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

From reading all of the posts I can tell that peoples' perspectives on crowds can vary depending on their past experiences. If all you know are peak crowds like Christmas and July 4th then this year's Oct. crowds probably aren't that bad...but for those who are expecting walk ons which many people have experienced in Octobers past, I think they might be in for a shock. Of course crowds vary from day to day and park to park but for the most part I would say to expect the worst and hope for the best. That's what I did for our trip Oct.5-9 and some days were not too bad and others were very crowded. No matter what just have fun!

josiebaby98-

We had no problems with the transport from asmo. We had a
PS for CP at 4:20. Before the MNSSHP. Poly is a good choice though. Getting from resort to resort in the morning was our only delay. We had PS for CM at 8:30 am so we took the bus toEpcot which was early open that day hopped on the monorail from there to the resort monorail to the contemporary. That trip took about an hour. But, other than that we had no problems at all.

We are here now, and I would say I agree with what everyone has said. It "feels" crowded. There are lots of people the ASmovies is 89% full and it definately feels that way. BUT...the lines for the rides have been very managable, using fastpass etc. Last night we saw wishes and it is AWESOME! Yesterday was our most crowded day yet..getting out of the park after the fireworks was a bit :crazy: !!!!BUT I still wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having a great trip even if it is a bit crowded!!::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter