Need fellow DVC members to help me plan my Disney Paris Vacation !!!!

Véronique Grandmont

Vero-Clochette
I have questions regarding to best way to save money AND book the Disneyland hotel because it is on our wish list!

DVC member service told us that we CANT add a meal plan when booking on points......Does anyone has make calculations about reserving on point or on cash with/without the passes, FP, meal plan, etc?
We will need park passes ( maybe not for the length of stay ? ) and meal plan ( is it worth it and which option ? )

Another thing is that they have not yet received their point charts

It would look like they are trying tourists to buy in cash and that the DVC partnership with France is not very good...no perks, no hotels in the RCI or world/concierge collection in Downtown Paris, ect.

Awaiting for your answers DVC fellows !!!!

V

Not a DVC member so can’t halp with most questions, although I have read that it’s not generally worth using DVC points to pay for DLP.

In regards to the meal plans you have booked room and tickets together. Disneyland Paris packages include tickets for the full length of stay including check in and check out days. If you want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel you would have to get the premium meal plan, as the breakfast is far more expensive.

Just my opinion but I do not think that the Disneyland Hotel is comparable to DVC resorts in terms of quality and services, so manage expectations.

Hi Jessica, we went to DP ( Newport resort in 2002 ) and indeed, I was then not impressed by their quality and services, to quote you. I was expecting that in 17 years, they would have improved a bit.....So it seems that everything is more expensive for less quality......I guess this vacation will cost more than expected because we don't want to eat fast food all the time !

Hi Jessica, we went to DP ( Newport resort in 2002 ) and indeed, I was then not impressed by their quality and services, to quote you. I was expecting that in 17 years, they would have improved a bit.....So it seems that everything is more expensive for less quality......I guess this vacation will cost more than expected because we don't want to eat fast food all the time !

They are trying to improve things, they have recently been taken over fully by the Walt Disney company so they are working to make everything better but it takes time.

Generally yes I would say it is more expensive overall compared to WDW. The Disneyland Hotel is highly overpriced at nearly double the price of the Newport Bay, but for some it’s worth it. It might be worth paying out of pocket for meals if you are happy to have breakfast elsewhere (eg croissants/pastries from Main Street bakery. The meal plans rarely save money unless you need a massive buffet breakfast

As one of my BFFs in the US is a DVC member, I've stayed at WDW at DVC a few times so I'm familiar with how it works. But full disclosure - I live in the UK.
So Disneyland Paris is my 'home' resort.
For me, I think paying out of pocket is almost always the best option when visiting DLP. I've never been able to make the meal plan worth it when I've crunched the numbers, and the Expedia rate for rooms is almost always cheaper than booking with Disney direct. Park tickets are MUCH cheaper than either US park, but be aware, if you book a package through Disney, you'll automatically be given (and charged for) tickets on your check-in and check-out days which you may or may not want.
Staying in a park view room at the Disneyland Hotel is a total dream for me, but even though it's priced like it's a deluxe resort, in reality it's more like a lower end moderate. If you want to stay there for the view then it's totally worth it - just make sure you adjust your expectations in terms of hotel quality, service, etc.
DLP is very much geared towards a European audience - it's an "American style" theme park created for Europe. IMHO it's one of the most beautiful Disney parks in the world. It's just different to the US parks <3

We are DVC but did not use points or trade for our upcoming trip to DLP. The cost-benefit worked in favor of paying for a hotel/tickets/meal plan promo with cash.

As one of my BFFs in the US is a DVC member, I've stayed at WDW at DVC a few times so I'm familiar with how it works. But full disclosure - I live in the UK.
So Disneyland Paris is my 'home' resort.
For me, I think paying out of pocket is almost always the best option when visiting DLP. I've never been able to make the meal plan worth it when I've crunched the numbers, and the Expedia rate for rooms is almost always cheaper than booking with Disney direct. Park tickets are MUCH cheaper than either US park, but be aware, if you book a package through Disney, you'll automatically be given (and charged for) tickets on your check-in and check-out days which you may or may not want.
Staying in a park view room at the Disneyland Hotel is a total dream for me, but even though it's priced like it's a deluxe resort, in reality it's more like a lower end moderate. If you want to stay there for the view then it's totally worth it - just make sure you adjust your expectations in terms of hotel quality, service, etc.
DLP is very much geared towards a European audience - it's an "American style" theme park created for Europe. IMHO it's one of the most beautiful Disney parks in the world. It's just different to the US parks <3
I called the other day and they are able to book your package without the departure date ticket. I asked for a room with three nights and three days and they said no problem. You just have to call them to book it, can’t do it online.

Not a DVC member so can’t halp with most questions, although I have read that it’s not generally worth using DVC points to pay for DLP.

In regards to the meal plans you have booked room and tickets together. Disneyland Paris packages include tickets for the full length of stay including check in and check out days. If you want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel you would have to get the premium meal plan, as the breakfast is far more expensive.

Just my opinion but I do not think that the Disneyland Hotel is comparable to DVC resorts in terms of quality and services, so manage expectations.

You can book your package without the departure date ticket. You just have to do it over the phone and they will give you the price. I called the other day to find out because I have the same issue.

I am also wondering when the points charts come out. I have been told to rent out my points and pay cash for the reservation but I probably won’t do it. I don’t want to deal with the hassle of renting and for the resort we want I think it works out better with points depending on what the point per night is.

Does anyone know when the charts typically come out??

I am also wondering when the points charts come out. I have been told to rent out my points and pay cash for the reservation but I probably won’t do it. I don’t want to deal with the hassle of renting and for the resort we want I think it works out better with points depending on what the point per night is.

Does anyone know when the charts typically come out??
Hi Stacypop! It seems that the next chart will come out by the end of march !!!!! And I'm not even sure which months it will cover ( we are going in July ). We also want to book on point because our daughters want to sleep in DH and we just not could afford it on cash ( also, I have read in the replys up there that the service/looks of DH compared to it's USA equivalents is more close to a moderate resort. Knowing that, it seems more acceptable to us to go on points than on cash directly out of our pockets...) As for reservation within the 4 months window, it may come to a 2 months window because of the charts delays....but a super nice DVC adviser told me not to worry and to book on the net as soon as the charts will be out, and if ever DP goes over the 2 months window for booking, they will accomodate us to be able to book on points. Hope it reassures you! When are you going?

OP-I am a DVC owner and will be doing our DLP trip this summer. We rented our points and booked a cash reservation which makes your dollar stretch a lot more. We booked a 2 night and get 2nights free at the Newport Bay Hotel through the UK website. Our total for 4 nights with a 5 day park pass was about $2000. If we would have booked on points that would be 252 points (room only), which we rented at $14per point =$3,528. For us it was better to rent out our points (super easy through David's) and have the flexibility to book our days with the best DLP deals out there. I would use the current point chart to calculate the amount of points you need and compare the value. Don't let renting points be a stumbling block and plan out your dream stay at DLP. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!