Need for bug spray?

LISmama810

Mouseketeer
We'll be arriving at the Fort next week, and I'm wondering if there's a need for bug spray. (I'm assuming yes, but I haven't spent much time in Florida in the summer.) Is it mainly needed just at night/dusk or all day? Will we need it in the parks, or just at the campground?

While I have not been at the Fort in June, it seems to me (at least) that they do a good job of keeping the little critters under control. However, they had been giving out bug repellent upon check in. We usually bring some in our camper, but have rarely (if ever) used it at the Fort.

I can say from personal experience Disney does spray everyday in the Fort. While we mostly go between Oct and Feb not prime time for most insects but we do carry Bug spray and if going to spend extra time in more heavily wooded areas we use it. Disney was giving people some at check in last year not sure if they still are We will bring it and use it even in Dec/Jan if conditions warrent

We'll be arriving at the Fort next week, and I'm wondering if there's a need for bug spray. (I'm assuming yes, but I haven't spent much time in Florida in the summer.) Is it mainly needed just at night/dusk or all day? Will we need it in the parks, or just at the campground?

We were there a few weeks ago, and they still give you a warning pamphlet about mosquitoes, bus as usual we didn't 'personally' see any. They weren't giving out bug spray, but did say it was available if needed. If you happen to be a 'mosquito magnet' it is possible for you to see them, but we never have.

We just left the Fort after 13 nights, never saw one bug! No one has any bites, the magic of Disney we said
We did receive the packet of wipes upon checkin, never opened them.

We've been at FW 3 times in june, no mosquitoes, i figure its too hot and humid for bugs.

Hate to burst your bubble, but hot and humid is what bugs like best!! :P They've always been a part of our southern life!!

But, I agree with you - no bugs or mosquitoes sighted by us at Disney either!! Disney is 'magic'!! pixiedust:

When we were down in January, we did a split stay at Deluxes and at BOTH places, we were greeted with Cutter bug spray on the counter at the sink in the bathroom area.

How are the yellow (deer) flies this year? I'm terribly allergic and have avoided the Fort from April until July because of them. Since it's been so dry, I would hope they aren't as plentiful. 2 years ago I was bitten on July 4th because there were so many. For me, the mosquitos aren't an issue - it's the yellow flies - and there is nothing that will kill them either :(

We were there a few weeks ago and they did give us the insect repellant upon checkin. Instead of a spray, it was actually a small resealable container of wipes, similar to baby wipes but soaked in big repellant. We didn't see very many mosquitos but we were bit and had to use the wipes the night we went to the beach to watch the fireworks.

Best bed bug cure is diesel (off road is fine) and a match.

First time, every time.

I would not plan to spend any time outdoors in FL w/o bug spray. It's cheap, and you don't want to be food for the local bugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter