Need help deciding which parks to go to (2 friends)

Stltaxgirl

Earning My Ears
My best friend and I are going to WDW in Sep 2020. We are spending 5 nights (6 days) there. Here's what we have planned so far:

9/9 - Travel and MK (EMH until 11pm)
9/10 - Epcot
9/11 - HS
9/12 - AK
9/13 - MK (Party day, will have to leave before 6)
9/14 - Travel

So my question is - Our thoughts are to go to MK as the 2nd time park (should we go to a different park for the 2nd time instead). And we thought go ahead and go on the party day because the park will be empty during the day. And then we can go to the pool or disney springs in the evening. Is this a good decision or are we better to do MK on 9/12 when it will potentially be busier but can spend the whole day and then do AK on 9/13? Thoughts?? Anything we might have missed in our planning?

Where are you staying and what time will you be arriving on that first day? And based on the plan, it looks like you won't have park hoppers, is that right?

My best friend and I are going to WDW in Sep 2020. We are spending 5 nights (6 days) there. Here's what we have planned so far:

9/10 - Epcot
9/11 - HS
9/12 - AK
9/14 - Travel

What time do you arrive on 9/9? And do you have park hoppers?

Where are you staying and what time will you be arriving on that first day? And based on the plan, it looks like you won't have park hoppers, is that right?

We haven't booked airfare yet (doesn't release until 3/12), but likely we will be taking the early morning flight and arriving in Orlando by 8:30am. We don't intend to get park hoppers this time, unless you think it's worth it to maybe do MK that party day and then maybe hit up Epcot or something else again??

We are staying at All Star Movie Resort.

We haven't booked airfare yet (doesn't release until 3/12), but likely we will be taking the early morning flight and arriving in Orlando by 8:30am. We don't intend to get park hoppers this time, unless you think it's worth it to maybe do MK that party day and then maybe hit up Epcot or something else again??

We are staying at All Star Movie Resort.

It really depends on your park priorities. With an early flight, your travel day is almost a full park day (which is awesome).

I think the biggest thing right now is HS. On our travel day we did 2:00 - 8:00 pm at HS - all 3 fast passes, Oga's, built a droid. The next day we went back and did RotR, Smuggler's run and then a few other items a second time. Splitting the park made it so much easier to get everything in.
We did have park hoppers for the first time ever. It worked out great. EPCOT was crazy busy, we left and headed to MK because it was open late. I love the flexibility of the hoppers. It also let us ride some of our favorite rides multiple times.

What time do you arrive on 9/9? And do you have park hoppers?

9/10 - Epcot
9/11 - HS
9/12 - AK
9/14 - Travel

So my question is - Our thoughts are to go to MK as the 2nd time park (should we go to a different park for the 2nd time instead). And we thought go ahead and go on the party day because the park will be empty during the day. And then we can go to the pool or disney springs in the evening. Is this a good decision or are we better to do MK on 9/12 when it will potentially be busier but can spend the whole day and then do AK on 9/13? Thoughts?? Anything we might have missed in our planning?

Sounds like a great plan. One of the "positives" of not getting a Park Hopper .... you don't try to fly around from one park to another. Speaking of flying around ... plan on 45-60 minutes from your resort to the parks. Yes, you missed spending an evening at Disney Springs ... lots of fun stuff to do ... and there is SHOPPING to be done!!! You Guys Have a Magical Time!!!!

We like to start and end our trips at Magic Kingdom but since you're there a short time period I'd leave the last day a bit loose. You can determine which park you want/need to go back to based on what you've accomplished by that point in your trip.

If you don't care about missing the night time show/fireworks, then party days are definitely the best days to go to MK. You will get more done that day from open to 6pm then you would on any other day from open until 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!