Need help for best strategies for 2 days first visit please !

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Hello to all!
We are going to US for the fist time ,arriving the Sunday before Thanksgiving and leaving to DW on Monday night for Thanksgiving week. We are staying onsite for one night to get the express passes and early entrance. We are also getting the power AP since we are going back for spring break.
The problem is that we are arriving at Tampa and not early in the morning. We are renting a car and driving to US around noon, so we won't be there early the first day. Our children are 21 and 15 and they are going to want to get on the big rides, we might get on some . We are going to eat lunch before we get there and then have dinner at the city walk after the park closes. I just read that we are going to be there for the big Christmas concert! YAY!
SO, where should we start to get to the big rides and still see the Grinch and parades plus catch the concert?
I guess we are asking for the best strategy for day 1 and day 2
thank you

We're going to be there that Sun too. It seems like a lot of the when and where haven't been published for the holiday events. The concert is apparently near the USF entrance. Apparently the parade is at 5 in USF (or was in years past) and the Grinch is in Suessland in IOA.

Yes, the concert is on the lawn in front of RRR. In past years it has been right after the parade. The lawn will start filling in before the parade ends.

Good to know, thank you
so we should try to get to the rides before the parade or we can just save the seat while they go get on more rides .
Should we take a blanket? or do they have chairs ?

Yes, the concert is on the lawn in front of RRR. In past years it has been right after the parade. The lawn will start filling in before the parade ends.

Oh? It's not at night? I assumed it would be near closing. Hmmm that might make things difficult to work in dinner (our kids probably aren't going to want to eat late).

Oh? It's not at night? I assumed it would be near closing. Hmmm that might make things difficult to work in dinner (our kids probably aren't going to want to eat late).

I think it started at 6 last year. It was daylight when it started and dark when it ended. I can't remember if we had time left in the park after it was over last year. The year before we left right after, but it rained during the concert and we were all soaked.

I've only been once. I'm going to toss out what I would do to get the ball rolling and hopefully others will join in and tell me why I'm wrong! :tongue:

Day 1, noon arrival: I'd start at IOA. Go to Super Hero Island first and ride whatever you want to ride there, then turn tail and head towards Seuss Landing. Explore that area, ride the High in the Sky Trolley- it's really cute and you have a good vantage point to look around the park. From there I'd skip right through The Lost Continent unless you are really into shows. Maybe stop at Doc Sugrue's and grab a kabob dish to snack on on your way to Hogsmeade. I'd aim to be in Hogsmeade by 2:30 or 3, which is very doable with the EP. From there, spend a few hours exploring the area and riding FJ. At 4:30 or 5 take the Hogwarts Express to US and back again to IOA. Go ride Kong, then Jurassic Park, then Dudley Do-Right, then Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges. The last 3 are water rides and I listed them in order of how wet you will probably get. You will get SOAKED on Bluto so skip it if that bothers anyone. I listed it last so you can swing back to the resort after to get dry clothes before dinner. If it's hot out and your group doesn't mind walking in wet clothes you might want to do that area earlier in the day.

Day 2, early arrival- Universal Studios- Go do the HP area during your early arrival time. There are no water rides and you have a lot more time this day so from there I'd pick one way or the other to circle the park, planning around parade times or any other shows you want to see. I don't think it's important which direction you circle in, but maybe others will have a better idea. I'd use this day to see shows/ parades. I'm not familiar with the Christmas Concert and it would absolutely pain me to take away ride time to see a Christmas show so I'm not much help on that front!

Day 2, early arrival- Universal Studios- Go do the HP area during your early arrival time. There are no water rides and you have a lot more time this day so from there I'd pick one way or the other to circle the park, planning around parade times or any other shows you want to see. I don't think it's important which direction you circle in, but maybe others will have a better idea. I'd use this day to see shows/ parades. I'm not familiar with the Christmas Concert and it would absolutely pain me to take away ride time to see a Christmas show so I'm not much help on that front!

Thank you so much!
this really helps, I think that maybe my husband and I could see the Christmas concert on Sunday while the kids go to the rides, they don't have it on Monday. They rally want to see the grinch show but I don't know what other shows are the best to watch on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter