Need help planning ONE DAY!!!

S

susy

Okay, so DH and I are going Jan 31 (Fri) -Feb 2 (Sun) alone.

We are staying at Pop Century and will arrive Fri night and depart Sun morning.

We basically need some ideas for Sat (all day). We would like to do MK or Epcot (or both) and either stay all day, leave for dinner or do a park, then break then do a park at night.

We aren't concerned with having pool time and if it's too cold, we may want to just stay in the park all day and leave when the sun goes down and have dinner at a resort or something (Not V&A or Cal Grill).

We aren't worried about the Mk on a SAT either. There will be cheerleaders that weekend (happily they won't be at PC) , so if anyone knows where they tend to be on Sat, that would help.

We have come up with a few ides, but keep going back and forth.

all day at MK- lunch or dinner at the castle
all day at MK- dinner at Jiko
half day at MK, rest, then epcot (dinner there)

right now I'm leaning towards- all day at MK- early dinner at LTT

If you were going to Epcot, were you interested in seeing World Showcase or Future World, or a little of both? Epcot has Illuminations @ 9:30, MK will probably have Spectro that night. Have you checked on the WDW site for entertainment for that day? Also- call to see if there are PS times for that day and get one soon- you can always cancel if you change your mind, but may be out of luck if you wait too long.

We're going to be doing the same thing the very next weekend, but we've got the kids with us. Even without the kids, I've never been a big fan of Epcot. Me personally, I would stay at MK all day and eat at the Castle.

Since you've been to Disney numerous times I'm assuming you've done all the big attractions before. In that case I'd go for the most bang for the buck. Go to MK in am, go to Epcot in late afternoon, eat dinner at Epcot (try something new) and stay for Illuminations. Forget about a break, it's only 1 day. Just hit the main attractions you enjoy at each park. Make it a "highlights of MK and Epcot" trip.

Have fun.

Thanks... all good ideas so far....

How about MK in the morning..... Then epcot in the evening with dinner
at:

vote please:

Le cellier
San angel
Bistro
Alfredo's
Le chef's
Garden grill

I also like Alfredo's or Le Cellier. The only other one I've tried is San Angel and I was not impressed at all. If this is your anniversary, I'd go for something really nice. I love the idea of a.m. in MK and p.m. in Epcot--best of both Worlds!

I would not do a sit down, but instead 'eat around the world' and enjoy all the entertainers, etc. I like Le cellier, but that could take 1-1 1/2 hrs. With only one day, I would rather be enjoying the sights. JMHO. Let us know what you pick. :)

We are thinking about Alfredos.

I was thinking of getting the risotto.:cutie:

I like the idea of doing MK in the morning, maybe having lunch at the Castle, then heading to World Showcase for the afternoon/evening (my DH's and my favorite park without kids). If you eat lunch at the Castle, then I would just snack my way around the World; otherwise I would vote for Le Cellier.

I like MK/epcot plan. I would not pick Garden Grill and would echo swilphil in going somewhere nice. I liked the Morrocan (sp!) restaurant - that was a fun atmosphere and good food. I haven't tried many of the restaurants on your list but have been to the Garden Grill and was not impressed. Have a great quick trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter