Need Help!Resort?

allforpooh

DVC Member
All,

We are going to WDW in Sept 2002, and trying to decide where to stay on property. Looking at either Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge, but cannot decide if the location of BC is worth the difference in price.

Help!

I have stayed at the Beach Club I thought it was worth it. My kids loved Stormalong Bay. We have never stayed at WL, but it does look every bit as nice. If you plan on going to Epcot & MGM more than MK, it is worth being closer....you can walk to both parks. The rooms are bigger at the Beach Club and that was a factor for us too. We are a family of 5. Also at night there is the BoardWalk to stroll around on (if you are not too tired from the parks).

We also really like the Beach Club/Boardwalk area with our little one. We found room preferences didn't really matter much, as all had their benefits. It is nice to be on the water for the view, but the "quiet pool" and green areas are much quieter. It depends on your family preferences. I did find noise was not a factor for our 2 year old - she was so tired she slept through just about everything. We also like the Beach Club area after hours - it was nice to be in EPCOT which was the only thing open into the evening hours, and you can just stroll out at your convenience and not have to wait for transportation in huge crowds to get to your room. On evenings she was particularly energetic we went to see the ducks by the water, met family on the Boardwalk and enjoyed shows, and were able to get a wide variety of snacks in the afternoons and evenings at the food counters that surround the water. Plus the pool at the Beach Club is one of the neatest things you'll ever see, and unlike the water parks if free!

The pool at BC is wonderful!!!!! That alone is a great reason to go there, I love the theming also.

WL is close to MK.

Have you considered another option?
Poly is wonderful for young children. The pool is "zero entry", and is a great place for kids to splash around in. We were there Dec 2001 with a 9 month old, she loved it and taking the monrail is much easier with a stoller!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter