Need help with first trip to Aulani.

We just got back from our first trip to Aulani. The character breakfast was the best food we at Aulani. We were so thankful we had a car so we could seek better food elsewhere. I will warn you that although people mentioned it, I was unprepared for the terrible traffic. My husband booked a shark dive and had to leave at 5:00 am and there was already traffic on the Highway. Just something to consider particularly for when you do go to Pearl Harbor. We booked and excursion and did it on the weekend and were so thankful that we had. If we go during the week, be prepared for a lot of traffic headed into Honolulu.

The Costco worked out great for us as we picked up some food and chocolate covered macadamia nuts as souvenirs. The concierge has flat rate boxes and will mail things home for you if you want to go that route. We did and I was so thankful I didn't have to lug stuff to our next stops on vacation.

It was beautiful. Our daughter loved the pool area, the slides and Aunty's. :-) Have a great time.

Unless you have a car, if you want to leave Aulani it will likely have to be with a guided excursion. There is plenty to do at Aulani but probably not for 9 days. If you wish to visit other islands you will likely need to arrange to fly there, and to get to the airport to do so. had 16th floor Ewa, but an island view, not ocean.

A few things are in walking distance...some public beaches (all beaches in Hawaii are public), the Paradise Cove Luau if you want a (touristy) luau, there is a marina just down the road - you can book day or sightseeing cruises - and a golf course also.

If you get the car, be aware of the problems regarding Honolulu traffic. It generally takes less than a half hour to drive between downtown Honolulu and Aulani. During a weekday rush hour it can take around 2 hours. Give yourself a LOT of time.

Across the street there is a shopping center with restaurants, a market with hot and cold food which is usually cheaper than Aulani, and shopping.

The food at Aulani itself was pretty good. Didn't try the buffet - it did not look too impressive and it was very expensive. The bar by the buffet has a very good happy hour.

which rooms at aulani - studio - are the best - any suggestions - thanks - we are set to go soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter