Need help with how to paint my wedding dress...

Nikkimorse

Earning My Ears
Hi all --

I want a pink and Orange wedding dress. After lots of exploration I decided to buy a dress and paint it. The dress is organza on top of satin. I'd narrowed down to angelus mixed with 2-thin and gac900, applied with a preval sprayer. I went with leather paint so I didn't need to wash it, and because it didn't bleed through the organza as unevenly. The hand is fine. But I've realized the Pink options aren't right.

Question - do I try mixing? Or try dye-na-flow, which I haven't tried and seems to have a great color. If I do, do I have to heat set it? I can't wash the dress.

Thanks!

Nikki

I hope someone with more knowledge about this stops by to help. I have no idea but I do hope you will share a photo of your dress when complete. Good luck!

The only experience I can share is that my daughter bought a designer wedding dress at Goodwill for prom and used Rit dye on it. I thought she was nuts using Rit, and that all the different materials would dye unevenly, but the dress turned out beautifully!
Will this be a one-time wearing?
My guess would be, if you are not washing it, you don't need to heat set it, since the heat setting is to stop the color from disappearing when you wash it.
But it's possible that if the dress gets wet, the color could run. Maybe if it rains or you are sweating, but this is just a guess, no experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter