Need help with itinerary (hotel and transportation)!

Have you checked the DVC rental sites to see if that night is available as a confirmed reservation at any of the Disney DVCs on property?
Or perhaps see if your current reservation at Boardwalk can be modified to add an extra night (if one is available).

I can confirm that the All Stars resorts have all been held for a cheerleading competition that weekend. We tried to book a room block when we were planning our wedding, but were told it was unavailable for those dates. It's possible that availability will open up closer to the date if all the rooms on hold don't get filled, but this is likely having a ripple effect on availability/pricing for other hotels too.

Personally I would just decide on a price point and book the closest hotel to the airport you can find under that amount, then get your uber to WDW first thing in the morning. If you're staying at BWV, it's not going to be that much of a hassle to drop your luggage at the hotel before going into EPCOT.

I was just going to say that the Values are cheer / sports central and often book up for tournaments/competitions whenever they’re happening, and then I read that last post 😅

I know there’s hotels ~near~ the airport, like Florida Mall area, but I don’t know which ones offer shuttles. It’d be nice to save rideshare cost for one leg of transportation that way, and make your second leg cheaper.

In addition to looking for confirmed DVC bookings too, you could look at people on DISboards who “rent” their points. $18-20/point rental rates mean you could wake up to giraffes out your window for ~$440 for a fun treat, or just crash at Old Key West or Saratoga for ~$360. Hrm. Sounds expensive writing it out. February must be a high point time of year.

Ok so I might be able to find a studio at OKW renting points for around $288 for the night.

I would be there by 1030-11pm (arriving at MCO 10pm, getting transportation to hotel).

If I stay at OKW, bell services would transfer my luggage to BWV for free, correct? How is the process?

Also, the following day is the first day of our BWV stay, so we would qualify for the free water park entrance on the first day, correct? So I could just get a bus from OKW to the water park? Or do I have to get a bus to BWV and from there get a bus to water park?

Assuming I would save on the transportation the next day, $288 is not bad even though I would be there just crashing for the night
Thanks

Personally I would just decide on a price point and book the closest hotel to the airport you can find under that amount, then get your uber to WDW first thing in the morning. If you're staying at BWV, it's not going to be that much of a hassle to drop your luggage at the hotel before going into EPCOT.
Agreed- OP You're overthinking it.... the ease of getting from a hotel near airport over to Boardwalk is just...so easy. usually 25 minute ride. My advice- find a hotel with decent ratings near MCO that provides the free shuttle over for the 1st night. There are plenty of name brand hotels around there. Then get an uber/lyft the next morning to Boardwalk,and do your thing- couldn't be simpler! After you drop your luggage, get a checkin, you can walk or boat to Studios or Epcot, or bus to a water park if you wish. Obv. the in-airport hotel is easiest (I've done this before) but a quick shuttle late at night is also a good idea to somewhere nearby,trust me, that "onsite magic" won't feel so magical at 11 pm when you just need a bed to sleep in on arrival night...

Ok so I might be able to find a studio at OKW renting points for around $288 for the night.

I would be there by 1030-11pm (arriving at MCO 10pm, getting transportation to hotel).

If I stay at OKW, bell services would transfer my luggage to BWV for free, correct? How is the process?
Yes, they transfer your luggage. Keep with you any medications, swim wear, anything else you might need during the day, because your luggage may not arrive at BWV until 4 PM or later.
Also, the following day is the first day of our BWV stay, so we would qualify for the free water park entrance on the first day, correct? So I could just get a bus from OKW to the water park? Or do I have to get a bus to BWV and from there get a bus to water park?
Usually you have to catch a bus from DS to Typhoon Lagoon or from AK to Blizzard Beach (IOW, bus from OKW to one or the other transfer point) so it will depend on which water park is open at the time of your visit. But keep an eye on the Transportation forum, because that might change between now and your visit.
Assuming I would save on the transportation the next day, $288 is not bad even though I would be there just crashing for the night
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter