Need help with morning strategies!

You should be able to do both Splash and Big Thunder at Rope Drop with virtually no wait for either one, and have plenty of time to get to your 9:20-10:20 (actually 10:35 as others have mentioned) FP.

And unless it's not running for some reason, I would do Big Thunder first. Splash takes much longer and that gives the line more time to build at Big Thunder.

Also, on some days Splash and BTM don’t open at the same time as the rest of the park. I’ve seen them block off Frontierland until 9:30.

I have not heard this before... does this happen often?
Our plans were to do Frontierland at rope drop. Is this a new thing?
Thanks!

I can tell you our typical morning at MK RD without EMH we use to pretty much knock out the park on a ride centric morning. It is all dependent on how bad you want to do 7DMT , requires understanding of how to refresh effectively, and understanding you will do a lot of walking to eliminate bottle necks early. Ill tell you what we did last time we were there and you can use that information as you wish, but, our plan is flexible based on what we find on refresh and we refuse to wait in standby lines unless its something like CoP or Peoplemover, CBR, where there are no real stand by lines of substance. This was our last trip in late March ( next trip is June). We ate at Wave for breakfast and as we walked to MK we pulled FPs for HM at 915, JC at 1030, and PoC at 1145. We got in, went directly to BTMRR and rode it with minimal wait after RD. Did HM and moved both JC and PoC up. Did JC and moved PoC up, Did PoC and grabbed FP for Buzz, Scanned into Buzz and grabbed Space for 2 hours later, moved it up while we did People mover and CoP and once done with those walked onto Space with a FP. While in Line for Space grabbed a FP for Pan and did teacups with no line on the way, then Little Mermaid with No Line, moved Pan up and rode it. Grabbed a FP for Splash and moved it up, rode it and in line lucked into FPs for BTMRR for within 15 minutes. We have now knocked out the park except for 7Dmt and while at lunch at Columbia Harbor House grabbed a 7DMT and refreshed it up to within an hour. Did CBJ and HoP, went and did 7DMT, pulled a FP for Pooh, then in line pulled another Space for within the next 30 minutes. Its one of the few times we do a park for the bulk of the day. Typically we only stay in a park 3-4 hours in the morning using refresh to clear the park, take a midday break, have a nice dinner and just relax in a park for the evening, but, we had 3 friends with us this day and wanted to just wipe it all out and were teaching them how to refresh. Its just being flexible and understanding how to use the system as it is set up. On Christmas Day in MK, prior to it getting slam packed by 4PM, we had used 14 FPs and ridden everything in the park with no waits because of doing FPs and refresh while others kept getting in 2 hour stand by lines.

I have not heard this before... does this happen often?
Our plans were to do Frontierland at rope drop. Is this a new thing?
Thanks!

I've never heard of Frontierland not opening at regular park opening.

It is not open during morning Extra Magic Hour, however.

Oh, you'll have PLENTY of time to do Splash and Big Thunder before your fp windows end at 10:20. Honestly, our kids liked those rides much better than 7DMT. And, remember: If the park opens at 9:00, get there at 8:15 - earlier if you have to park and take the monorail/ferry to get to the gates! This will get you through the gates, down main street and to the front of the rope drop crowd in enough time. If you arrive at 9:00, your plan will not work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter